Photo

It doesn't seem like a server overload issue to me

58 replies to this topic
topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:36 AM

It seems like there is a problem with the coding of the tutorial introduction. If you can somehow get by the tutorial the game runs fine and there is no problem finding matches. I think they're is a serious problem with the way they coded the tutorials and introduction. If it was just a server problem it would have been fixed by now. It might take a big patch to fix it.

Because Video Games
  • Because Video Games

Oh my bad Mr. Gold Card!

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

May B
But I think they would have caught that unless they didn't test it at all.

dp415263
  • dp415263

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

May B

No video game company tests their patches

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:43 AM Edited by topdownshooter, 02 October 2013 - 03:44 AM.

I've just never seen a multiplayer launch so bad before. I've seen waiting a couple hours, half a day maybe but not a whole day like this. Pretty crazy.

RyanEsau
  • RyanEsau

Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:44 AM

May B

Don't they at least get people to test their patches? You know.. like the people who beta tested the game before release? 

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

I've just never seen a multiplayer launch so bad before. I've seen waiting a couple hours, half a day maybe but not a whole day like this. Pretty crazy.

That makes me question how many online launches you have even seen.

For example, almost every game Valve puts out on Steam is delayed by 2-4 days. so this is nothing new to me.

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

May B

That's actually a pretty good point. I've never seen multiplayer be added in through a patch either. That might be part if the problem.

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

For example, almost every game Valve puts out on Steam is delayed by 2-4 days. so this is nothing new to me.

I don't really game on PC but I've bought pretty much every big game for the 360 in the last six years and I've never seen this before. I played Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 day one and never had a minor issue.

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:52 AM

May B

How can they really test something that involves probably a million people all playing at once?  They can't so GTA Online is, in a sense, a pilot right now.

rave2012
  • rave2012

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

Ya think it is a coding problem which is a big problem if anything they should of tested it

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:19 AM

Part of me feels they'd have been smarter doing a lottery to select the first few thousand players or so. But I imagine the outrage in that case could dwarf what we've seen today.

Vega Fve
  • Vega Fve

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

I had little to no trouble getting online after the intro missions.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:26 AM

Part of me feels they'd have been smarter doing a lottery to select the first few thousand players or so. But I imagine the outrage in that case could dwarf what we've seen today.

You're right about that, which is why Valve announced their plans for Steam machines beta testing instead of doing it secretly. 

Either way it will get out to the public, but I think Rockstar have a lot on their plates. They had to make the story mode, and the Online mode maybe not at the same time, but close to each other. It's either have a private beta test of selected people and have their secrets leaked, or take the risk and release it to the best of their abilities. As you can see, they chose the latter.  It's also either release it separately, or delay the game even longer, and that probably would have taken another month or two, and by then the next gen consoles are out. I think they did it for the money. Also, we all know how Rockstar gets when leaked content gets out. 

Masochron
  • Masochron

Captive Soul

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:29 AM

If the first tutorial is the only problem? Why not scrap it then?

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

If the first tutorial is the only problem? Why not scrap it then?

Because that's a lot more work than you realize.

I'm sure they have more of an idea on what the problem is and how to fix it than anyone here does. I do tend to agree with the OP though.

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

It seems like there is a problem with the coding of the tutorial introduction. If you can somehow get by the tutorial the game runs fine and there is no problem finding matches. I think they're is a serious problem with the way they coded the tutorials and introduction. If it was just a server problem it would have been fixed by now. It might take a big patch to fix it.

It's definitely not a connection issue considering there are some people online.

GlaciusTS
  • GlaciusTS

Rat

• Members

May B

How can they really test something that involves probably a million people all playing at once?  They can't so GTA Online is, in a sense, a pilot right now.

That's called stress testing, but if it were a problem with the code, then about 98% of testers should have experienced the same problem as us. Of course people test their patches. I would know considering I'm a training developer with contacts in the industry,

DarkFalcon95
  • DarkFalcon95

Thug

• Members

Well there is a server issue at least for me. I couldn't for the life of me play other missions with my friends even though we were in the same world.

GM Inc
  • GM Inc

Get Money Industries

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

they have done some thing they have never done before lets give them a chance to get it sorted.it's only been a day

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:34 AM

I had little to no trouble getting online after the intro missions.

I was able to get on and play but almost every time I try to play a mission, race or deathmatch I sit there waiting forever and I'm lucky if one other person joins.  I've tried join and host options.  It seemed like the first few jobs right after going online would actually find other players.  The mission type jobs never seem to find other players and that kind of sucks because they seem fun but don't really work all that well with just one player.

The lobbies are always full with 16 people in the free roam so I kind of gave up on jobs and have been mostly goofing off with that. 

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:34 AM

May B

That's called stress testing, but if it were a problem with the code, then about 98% of testers should have experienced the same problem as us. Of course people test their patches. I would know considering I'm a training developer with contacts in the industry,

I'm an experience designer with contacts in the industry and I know for a fact that Blizzard and Activision have downsized their internal testing teams and, in some cases, removed them completely.

Some people test their patches, others don't.

illshot
  • illshot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

I haven't even been able to get to the tutorial. I  make my character then it fails. So that isn't the issue or at least it isn't the only issue.  :panic:

Snoop221
  • Snoop221

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

That must be only you, never had that case on steam

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

Never had that on Steam either.

illshot
  • illshot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

Diablo 3 was pretty bad.

The Hylander
  • The Hylander

That Guy

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

I'm starting to think this as well I have had no luck in getting past the race at all. 

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:37 AM Edited by R.R, 02 October 2013 - 04:38 AM.

Never had that on Steam either.

Agreed.

BUT I do remember the D3 and Sim City launches. They were amazingly painful. I seem to remember AC2 having some teething problems as well.

edit -

I haven't even been able to get to the tutorial. I  make my character then it fails. So that isn't the issue or at least it isn't the only issue.  :panic:

Try solo mode. That should allow you to get to the race. Hopefully it works for you.

Solo mode didn't help me last night, haven't tried it today though.

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

Try solo mode. That should allow you to get to the race. Hopefully it works for you.

illshot
  • illshot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

Where do you set it to solo mode?

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

Diablo 3 was pretty bad.

Defiance had a rocky start as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users