» «
Photo

How Long Are You Waiting?

23 replies to this topic
GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:12 AM Edited by GTAhole, 02 October 2013 - 03:37 AM.

How long did the people who got past the first "tutorial" race wait for it to launch?

I've been sitting on that screen, then reloading. Sitting on that screen, then reloading. Sitting on that screen, then reloading. Sitting on that screen, then reloading. Sitting on that screen, then reloading.

Also, what text were you seeing and which loading screen right before it connected to the first race?

Text I've seen sob far is: Launching match? With the loading ring next to it. And: Waiting for other players? With loading ring next to it.

Loading screens I've seen: a blurry view of the city at night. And my player standing in a parking lot where other players pop in an out with some blue columns ate the top.

BrosGHOST
  • BrosGHOST

big f*cking giant

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

good luck

boopboo
  • boopboo

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:14 AM

uh 0 seconda because i just finished 7 hours straight of gta online. game is incredibly fun by the way, oh, and beautiful.

dirtyunclechris
  • dirtyunclechris

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:15 AM

I waited 20 minutes on that screen before I got in, in all my waiting time was just under 4 hours.

cwhttr
  • cwhttr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:16 AM

Downloaded at 7am. I've reloaded maybe 5-6 times and waiting for hours to no avail. Cant even load the first race. Been playing single player waiting for R* to fix this.

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:17 AM

I waited 20 minutes on that screen before I got in, in all my waiting time was just under 4 hours.

I'm gonna let it sit there then. I've tried connecting online solo and doin it that way, with the same results.

TheGentleman
  • TheGentleman

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:20 AM

Being dumped into multiplayer behind the vine wood sign - 2 times
Every other attempt (countless, might I add) have just left me with "Waiting for other players".

I got into the race ONCE and got to customize my car. Right when I readied up, my game froze.

I love GTA, and I'm not here to complain.... but it really is bordering piece of sh*t. 

I'll remain positive. 

xX-EmptyClip-Xx
  • xX-EmptyClip-Xx

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

I keep losing my f'in characters on ps3......

JimmyDaMoney
  • JimmyDaMoney

GYP Squad

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

i get the failed to host error or whatever, but instead of hitting x to continue, i press o and it gives me a different cutscene kinda.

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:27 AM

i get the failed to host error or whatever, but instead of hitting x to continue, i press o and it gives me a different cutscene kinda.

But is that helping you connect? And get past(into) the first race?

JimmyDaMoney
  • JimmyDaMoney

GYP Squad

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:36 AM

But is that helping you connect? And get past(into) the first race?

it takes me to a blurred screen of the city, almost like it's waiting to find players or something strange like that. music plays perfectly during this time, can press the center button to access the dash or w/e it's called. next time i try i think i'm going to press square, maybe triangle. i feel like this may be a way around this bug..

i also turned autosave off. dono if that might help or not.

RMafnas
  • RMafnas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:39 AM

Been waiting on the launching session screen for 20 min now. Other players get in but still, no race

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:39 AM

Just curious which loading text and loading screen people are seeing right before it connected to the first race?

Text I've seen sob far is: Launching match? With the loading ring next to it. And: Waiting for other players? With loading ring next to it.

Loading screens I've seen: a blurry view of the city at night. And my player standing in a parking lot where other players pop in an out with some blue columns ate the top.

RMafnas
  • RMafnas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

My screen says launching session with a loading circle next to it. People keep popping in, I see three other players on my screen, but none of us get to play...

lannydee
  • lannydee

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:03 AM

anyone else notice it said "Mall or Nothing 1-8" earlier...now it says "mall or nothing 1-2" ????

and still no matches found...gosh. Im about to delete my characters and start over just to see if that works.

drinkbleach
  • drinkbleach

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

Finally got past it, everyone left and it was just me and Lamar racing in the end.

Never managed to get 8 people in a lobby either

xTxMILLZ
  • xTxMILLZ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

anyone else notice it said "Mall or Nothing 1-8" earlier...now it says "mall or nothing 1-2" ????

and still no matches found...gosh. Im about to delete my characters and start over just to see if that works.

I tried that did nothing, im a 23 minutes and counting, still not working

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:07 AM

I've only seen mall or nothing 1-2.

Have tried both loading screens for 30 plus minutes each now. Nothing.

Just passing time talking to friends in a party chat. All of them having the same problems. Except one of my buddies who has been playing for hours. That asshole. :)

ONEkingscar
  • ONEkingscar

The stealth toker

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

a few more hours

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:01 AM

Waiting for other players....

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

Launching session....

jaytown2212
  • jaytown2212

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

I did notice that, still cant get into it though..

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

Also, I don't think you need to delete the update. You just need to make a new character. I think quitting during the tutorial breaks it beyond repair.

Testing this out now
This worked! Had to let it sit for 30 minutes but I'm in!
Grats. Glad I could help. Now if only my game would load

moKoE_LoCz
  • moKoE_LoCz

A.S.A.P

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

uh 0 seconda because i just finished 7 hours straight of gta online. game is incredibly fun by the way, oh, and beautiful.

Thanks. Thanks for that. You wanna rub it in anymore?!  :sui:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users