Pretty upset. Hear me out.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic
sevenspride
  • sevenspride

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:46 AM

Hey guys i'm new to the fourms and ill start with a mini rant just to vent a bit. 

I usually work 50+ hours a week and get one day off sometimes two. Well I made sure to have off for the release of gta online and I knew there would be problems but I honestly didnt expect it to last throughout the whole day. Sure 4-6 hours down is bad but at least it acceptable, but a whole day, I dont think so. So instead of playing my wife and I ended up watching crappy netflix movies while periodically checking fourms for an update sadly nothing has changed. To make matters worse Sony rubs salt in our wounds with a stupid trophy update, thanks a lot sony not like today wasn't bad enough already. 

I was around for the FinalFantasy ARR launch and that was really bad too we all kept getting error code 1017 which would not allow us to log in right away but gave us the chance to spam an attempt to get in. Eventually Squareenix got there stuff together and fixed everything but it took them a few weeks , mind you they only have close to a million players playing and it took them that long to fix the servers. Rockstar gave themselves 2 additional weeks to get this thing fixed ahead of time but kinda botched it all up. 

To sum things up i'm upset that they didn't release online from launch because then this disaster could have happened when SP came out . It also upsets me that time has gone by really slow for me at work for the last few week waiting for online to come out . Forgot to mention that SP was kinda sad due to the fact that there was not much for me to do after I beat the game, and i'm talking in terms of places to rob and things to buy. The whole situation kinda blows. 

If anyone has some useful information in regards to when this issue will be fixed feel free to post. 

Looking forward to talking to you guys in the future i'm gonna head out to wawa for a coffee and some luckystrikes peace . 

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:48 AM

Why not wait to take a day off when you know for sure it will work 110%, or better yet, go to work
  • Chessmaster likes this

sevenspride
  • sevenspride

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:51 AM

Why not wait to take a day off when you know for sure it will work 110%, or better yet, go to work

Well I really wasn't able to go to work due to the fact that I already put in my hours last week so it was kinda forced today. 

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:55 AM

6894382_700b_v1.jpg

All the PS3 users are waiting. You are no different. 

CaptainBlack69
  • CaptainBlack69

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

How do u feel about that

HalfDead1247
  • HalfDead1247

Eats Lighting, Sh!ts Thunder

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

Microsoft paid Rockstar :/

SN95_Schpecter
  • SN95_Schpecter

Dogs Logs

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

Don't sweat it, guy. The servers are just being raped.. atm... it WILL get better a smoother, in good time. I can say though.. this game is f*cking sick. Made it to rank 8, being one of the lucky ones who made it online. My buddy tried joining and couldn't even get passed the tutorial. :( In good time, my friends!

dirtyunclechris
  • dirtyunclechris

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:00 AM

You should have expected this dude.. It's like going on the highway at rush hour and wondering why there's traffic.. Everyone's trying to play and there's just not enough room
  • Chessmaster and SN95_Schpecter like this

SN95_Schpecter
  • SN95_Schpecter

Dogs Logs

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:02 AM

You should have expected this dude.. It's like going on the highway at rush hour and wondering why there's traffic.. Everyone's trying to play and there's just not enough room

Lmao. Well said, dude.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

This isn't a server issue. It's something else. Every person on PS3 is getting the same error at the same point. 

There's an issue with the PS3 loading the servers...it's PSNs fault. I blame the fact that they wanted to push through their system update. f*cking tools. 

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:05 AM

This isn't a server issue. It's something else. Every person on PS3 is getting the same error at the same point. 

There's an issue with the PS3 loading the servers...it's PSNs fault. I blame the fact that they wanted to push through their system update. f*cking tools. 

I have PROOF that it is a PSN issue

my proof is: All the 360 owners enjoying GTA:O right this moment

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:06 AM

Well you can still go to work if you took off, I'm sure they wouldn't mind extra help.

Any how, supposedly, if you already created character but stuck at start of first race, delete the character, go to xbox360 console and delete title update - 59 megs, go back into gta, install update.. Then press A just before the title ( shows hit A to access online) do that, and it should work.. I'm in process of doing it. Didn't work with my old created, going to try to delete and play with a new one

SkyArmor
  • SkyArmor

i like trains

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:08 AM

reason why 360 isnt get butt rhaped is bc there alot more ps3 users on gta online than xbox users. so, technically... ps3 wins

dirtyunclechris
  • dirtyunclechris

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:11 AM

reason why 360 isnt get butt rhaped is bc there alot more ps3 users on gta online than xbox users. so, technically... ps3 wins

Really?
http://www.ibtimes.c...s-alone-1409898

So unless a half million more people bought GTA in the last three weeks, I'm afraid Xbox wins
  • xX ApexPredator likes this

xX ApexPredator
  • xX ApexPredator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

Really?
http://www.ibtimes.c...s-alone-1409898

So unless a half million more people bought GTA in the last three weeks, I'm afraid Xbox wins

Even with this proof, be prepared to be called a fanboy!

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

What I posted earlier got me past first race but no one joined, getting further at least!

sevenspride
  • sevenspride

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:23 AM

Hey guys finally back from wawa. Was checking this post on my phone a lot of nasty people in this fourm with the whole cry some bit cant imagine anyone my age telling another person to cry some more over something they paid for. And I actually wasn't able to go into work today due to the being fully staffed. Company cant just pay people cause they wanna come in there are rules to follow. Anyway its good to see that there are some decent people on these fourms. Still disappointing to that PS3 is unable to play online anyone have a ETA on online for us?  

m33ts4k0z
  • m33ts4k0z

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:26 AM

xbox users are way more than PS3 users. That's why Rockstar has it working on xbox. It's the same that applies on the ifruit app being available only for apple devices since launch.

ham_hands
  • ham_hands

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

I agree, not a server overload issue for PS3 users, something else, we'll find out soon enough then the question is how long until they can fix it....

sOFrOsTy
  • sOFrOsTy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:52 AM

Sucks. I feel for you man. But we just have to wait it out. It should be working around the weekend. Hopefully you will get another day off around then as well.

A-Lonely-Dragon
  • A-Lonely-Dragon

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

People... single player GTA V not even out in Japan yet...

Sony = Japanese company

Conspiracy I tell thee! -_-

sOFrOsTy
  • sOFrOsTy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

xbox users are way more than PS3 users. That's why Rockstar has it working on xbox. It's the same that applies on the ifruit app being available only for apple devices since launch.

These numbers aren't true. Only here in the U.S. In many markets the PS3 has far more users than XBoX. Either way it still doesn't explain why it isn't working for PS3. There is NO access to online for PS3 users, server load isn't the only issue here.

sevenspride
  • sevenspride

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:55 AM

Sigh next time I got off is this thursday but I got a meeting to go to in the early morning then my next day offs are on tuesday and thursday of next week assuming my work place is staffed.

bigbay49er
  • bigbay49er

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:01 AM

I don't get the people who took time off work.  Just like on release day it is kind of a waste of time.  I waited for weekends and spent a few hours after work getting aquianted with the game during the week otherwise you are in a rush to get things done so you don't waste the time off.  I managed 100% and all single player trophies and am pretty familiar with the map doing this.  Save vacation time for... vacations.

SkyArmor
  • SkyArmor

i like trains

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:02 AM Edited by SkyArmor, 02 October 2013 - 04:05 AM.

basically.. ps3 has more online users. i'l be surprised if half the sales of gtav on xbox play online. ps3 is GTA's core. always has been. & pc too but ya'know it wasnt really popular on pc.

PSN is free. 60 $ game w/ GTA ONLINE & cash cards

XBOX LIVE isnt free.. 60 $ game w/ GTA ONLINE. extra $ to buy cash cards.. 

PS3 wins

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:06 AM

PS3 wins

Apart from the whole not playing thing, yeah, PS3 is great.

dirtyunclechris
  • dirtyunclechris

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:59 AM Edited by dirtyunclechris, 02 October 2013 - 11:00 AM.

Really?http://www.ibtimes.c...s-alone-1409898

Even with this proof, be prepared to be called a fanboy!

I own both consoles and am getting a PS4 so I don't think so lol

kietotheworld
  • kietotheworld

Hater Player

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

This bullsh*t argument doesn't wash when you consider that everyone is invariably able to play FIFA online as much as they f*cking want on the first day it's released, rather than having to wait two weeks for a garbage online service that doesn't even work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users