Photo

Online gameplay, your first thoughts?

19 replies to this topic
KyleTHM
  • KyleTHM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

So my first thought of the online gameplay was a little plain...
I'm hoping that this is a crude version of what the online is going to be.
I guess I can't really complain though due to the fact that I actually was capable to play. Your thoughts?

flyer2359
  • flyer2359

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

Going to get very boring with only a few different actually things to do like heists, racing and deathmatches.  I think I like IV more since it had more customization options for online matches.

Masochron
  • Masochron

What Lies Below

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

^They're working on trying to get it up and running for everyone. I'm sure there's WAAAY more stuff to come :)

KoingWolf
  • KoingWolf

If Found: Return to Online Section

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

Well with a woman character my first thought was "Wow Lamar is really f'n creepy. Like geeky high school kid creepy."

Then.. Pretty damn awesome for the small taste I got before the servers really exploded and everything stopped working on PS3. It's exciting still to know there's so much out there to do, looking at the Xbox footage, and since I already liked the fundamental mechanics over GTA4, have no plans on returning to Liberty City any time soon.

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

Actually joined June 03 2008

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:11 AM

Yeah Lamar is creepy... the police are harder and more fun to battle with... there is a sh*t ton of properties and garages!

I reckon it'll turn out ok!

iKevhawk
  • iKevhawk

Street Racer

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

Going to get very boring with only a few different actually things to do like heists, racing and deathmatches.  I think I like IV more since it had more customization options for online matches.

But we don't even have heists yet!

For what I've been playing, it's pretty fun. An issue I noticed, is if you kill someone, they respawn practically right next to you, same if they kill you. You just respawn right next to them. I had this squeaker follow me around for a hour trying to kill me before I just decided to up and quit for another free roam server.

Also sometimes if you die, money is taken out of your bank and not just your wallet, I think it's if cops get you but I'm not sure.

Right now I'm making most of my money by driving cars into the mod shop and selling them. Big bucks for little work.

TjCase85
  • TjCase85

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

Boring as hell right now. I mean, what do we get to do?? Free roam, races, and deathmathes?? I wanted to build an "EMPIRE" but its going to take way to long to get anywhere. After about 5 hours of different types of gameplay, I have 25k and a level 10. Its more annoying than anything, jumping into a deathmatch, waiting 5 minutes for the countdown, then go play for 10 minutes, get out and get like 800 bucks. The only way to make any money is to rob stores, and that got boring really fast. Hopefully they add stuff soon.

KurtG85
  • KurtG85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

Loading up through the intro screens it was laughable as the texture pop in was atrocious.  The character creation mode is pretty moronic and random as well.  Really unnecessary and awkward way to do it.  The racing is pathetically ugly and dry.  The progression style feel to it might be interesting but the whole thing just feels convoluted and confusing.  I'd rather be able to jump into some respawn gang territory matches right off with choppers flying overhead and rpgs flying everywhere.  I haven't totally judged it yet.  The excessive time it takes for cops to lose you also gets even more annoying online.

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:31 AM

I went back to playing Gears. It's alright but nothing groundbreaking.

KyleTHM
  • KyleTHM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:43 AM

Well I'm going to continue playing,I wish to see faster online missions. Im going to remain hopeful that there will be add ons and micro transactions don't ruin the game.

leeco
  • leeco

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:45 AM

Not a lot of people on the game but when its fixed its will be fun.

QuietJosh
  • QuietJosh

Cynical and Grumpy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:01 AM

Seems like no-one is interested in doing jobs together, I can tell you that, and even if they do, the guy who grabs the money doesn't always share the take, which leaves some pretty nasty feelings all around. Hard to find dependable, mature people so far. :(

The vast majority of players, from observation, just run around killing each other, like the kiddies from GTA IV did. That gets boring real fast as far as I'm concerned. I expected a bit more cooperation; guess I over-estimated the intelligence and maturity level of the players. *shrug*

The team death-matches are alright, but honestly, just ain't my thing. The races are fun, some of the courses anyway. It's hard to get people to race, because all they wanna do is... (see 2nd paragraph). You don't get a whole lot of moolah from robbing places. Makes it hard to get enough to afford a garage and better vehicle than the dinky crap you start out with.

You can do activities such as golf, arm wrestling, darts, tennis, etc when you level up a bit, that leavens the other stuff. It's probably boring to the shooter crowd, tho'. Golf is fun for me, but it doesn't bring in the cash.

I did notice some bugs, such as accepting a mission... and then immediately "FAIL" shows up without you even having a chance to make a move. Huh? Bug somewhere in the script.

Can't wait for the online stuff to get stabilized with more missions, and get enough people on there interested in making money rather than blowing each other to bits.

BaM BooZeLLed
  • BaM BooZeLLed

Scooby Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:16 AM

I enjoyed myself, had a couple friends in our own session. Robbed some stores and did a few missions and ran out of time. Look forward to the rest of what it holds.

TrevorIsMyHomeboy
  • TrevorIsMyHomeboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:29 AM

I know the "cannot connect to session" screen works well, because that's all I have saw since 6 P.M. today. 

• ActionBronson likes this

Jcm2573
  • Jcm2573

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:50 AM

Loading is the best part, brothers.

VN Lambo 01
  • VN Lambo 01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

I was slightly satisfied with what I did get to experience. My first try to play was a success. Jacked a car in the mountains, drove to ammunation to pick up a shotty and some ammo, cruised with some random person and then ran over some dude and got into a shootout. Killed him, took his money and cruised some more. I went wrong by trying to play the tutorial so I could do some missions. Should of just kept holding up stores. I think once rockstar has some time to readjust and get everything accounted for this will be a great game.

tipplur
  • tipplur

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:25 AM

it's awesome, i get why we aren't getting heists and all that right away. we need to ease into harder stuff and gives us time to make enough cash to get the equipment to do big jobs. i like the story and how you start off fresh making a name for yourself. 

i could probably use some bigger missions now, maybe an armored truck or five

tipplur
  • tipplur

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:28 AM

Seems like no-one is interested in doing jobs together...

add me if on xbox, Tipplur

Masochron
  • Masochron

What Lies Below

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:34 AM

Now this is a breath of fresh air if I've ever inhaled one before...

People are complaining about a game that 99.9% of us haven't been able to even play in nearly 24 hours time. 

TheInsider
  • TheInsider

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:40 AM Edited by TheInsider, 02 October 2013 - 04:42 AM.

I mean, I like the idea of having to build your way up, but being limited in what you can do is annoying. I want to do some heists with friends and there's just no option to do so. 

Also, I like to do a free mode with just friends, and that doesn't seem possible. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users