Quantcast

» «
Photo

A LOT of our complaints have been answered.

92 replies to this topic
Masochron
  • Masochron

What Lies Below

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

I think we MAY be imagining things guys. 

• Hamsterbaffle and wallpaper42 like this

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:34 AM Edited by John The Grudge, 02 October 2013 - 07:35 AM.

Basically a few trolls came on this forum yesterday saying Rockstar had made the handling and the police better and some other stuff.  They said this to amuse themselves.  Then some gullible people were like "omg you're right it's so much better now".  No doubt the trolls found that very amusing.

Daleylife
  • Daleylife

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

So... car handling/police etc haven't been patched?

:(

Masochron
  • Masochron

What Lies Below

• Members
  • Antarctica

I could have sworn handling was different though...can't say ive played much though. I've just been waiting for online to work.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

More sensitive car deformation? Good.

Better bike handling? Good.

Police response longer? Good.

Police more inaccurate? What a joke. The police should be accurate and deadly not acting like dumbed down dolls.

Daleylife
  • Daleylife

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:43 AM

The patch notes are extremely short... Can someone confirm/deny if anything has been patched that wasn't in the notes?

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

The update should of gave us all 30 million dollars to make up for my 10th modded adder vanishing, and a load of others.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:46 AM Edited by John The Grudge, 02 October 2013 - 07:48 AM.

The patch notes are extremely short... Can someone confirm/deny if anything has been patched that wasn't in the notes?

The name of the car you're in appears on screen when you enter an LS Customs.  Other than a few other minor bug fixes that's the only thing they didn't list.  There's no change to the physics or the police that I've noticed.  It was just trolls saying that yesterday and some people believed it.

Pig__Destroyer
  • Pig__Destroyer

DRIFT THIS *****

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:24 AM Edited by Pig__Destroyer, 02 October 2013 - 08:26 AM.

I pretty sure the cops were patched. I wiped out all of Grove street gang members and not even a call was made. (killed 12! for about 2 minutes) Same in the mountains, pissed me off how I clipped a hiker, cops were instantly called, then they were down the dirt road in 2 seconds or less.

As for driving handling im not sure because out of waiting for online (still cant play as of 1:13 am fuc,) I got bored and put some offroad tires on my gt500 mustang and took her to the desert and mountains. Had so much fun for 2 hours, way funner than a truck.

I did notice more damage and even heard real sounding metals hitting the ground and ive been playing everyday for 6 hours lol.

Other things I noticed were nicer vehicles parked in different places, like a ferrari in front of the hospital.

And I'm sick like that but when you run people over doesnt it seem better almost a little more like gta4 which was sooo good and real.

And I noticed the entry wounds/more blood from gunshots.

Think of the patch like the ps updates. They list so little but have way more stuff than it list/

And its seems to me that the 1 to 2 star cops goes away quicker? not sure about that one

Pumptruffle
  • Pumptruffle

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:26 AM

So where can I read these official patch notes?!?

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

I pretty sure the cops were patched. I wiped out all of Grove street gang members and not even a call was made. (killed 12! for about 2 minutes) Same in the mountains, pissed me off how I clipped a hiker, cops were instantly called, then they were down the dirt road in 2 seconds or less.

As for driving handling im not sure because out of waiting for online (still cant play as of 1:13 am fuc,) I got bored and put some offroad tires on my gt500 mustang and took her to the desert and mountains. Had so much fun for 2 hours, way funner than a truck.

I did notice more damage and even heard real sounding metals hitting the ground and ive been playing everyday for 6 hours lol.

Other things I noticed were nicer vehicles parked in different places, like a ferrari in front of the hospital.

And I'm sick like that but when you run people over doesnt it seem better almost a little more like gta4 which was sooo good and real.

And I noticed the entry wounds/more blood from gunshots.

Think of the patch like the ps updates. They list so little but have way more stuff than it list/

And its seems to me that the 1 to 2 star cops goes away quicker? not sure about that one

Honestly I haven't noticed changes to any of these things.

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

There is some crazy placebo effect going on here.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

Driver of cars

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

Basically a few trolls came on this forum yesterday saying Rockstar had made the handling and the police better and some other stuff.  They said this to amuse themselves.  Then some gullible people were like "omg you're right it's so much better now".  No doubt the trolls found that very amusing.

Or some people who imagined that something felt different for whatever reason legitimately made an honest mistake by posting about it. Maybe grow up and stop shouting "TROLL TROLL TROLL" instead of "actually I disagree", which is how you do things when you're, you know, a rational adult.

• Hamsterbaffle and Gokuzbu like this

Kaversmed
  • Kaversmed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

I've noticed no change to the SP at all

Silent Dogwood
  • Silent Dogwood

Genuine Wole

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

They still need the patch the bloody invincibility cheat...

...but seriously, I appreciate Rockstar is listening to the community and evaluating the feedback into their updates.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

Or some people who imagined that something felt different for whatever reason legitimately made an honest mistake by posting about it. Maybe grow up and stop shouting "TROLL TROLL TROLL" instead of "actually I disagree", which is how you do things when you're, you know, a rational adult.

No it was started by trolls.  They were coming out with all sorts of rubbish like the jetpack was unlocked and you could now customize police cars etc.  I'm not suggeting everyone repeating that stuff is a troll.  Some of the younger among us are just a bit gullible and easily influenced.

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

I hope the cars don't "swindle" about, like in GTA 4. I've never seen a car like that.

Equity
  • Equity

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

Just noticed the HUGE improvement on motorcycles, the camera doesn't tilt when you turn! Now it's pretty much perfect, a bit arcady-ish sure, but way better than before.

KarbzKartel
  • KarbzKartel

It's Just Business

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

Err, the physics have had an upgrade. Just because they're not '4's' physics don't mean they haven't.

The cars are easier to spin out and the damage ratio is higher, the turning circle is higher to so its harder to turn corners at high speeds and cars are easier to flip. This is what I'VE noticed, and I am by no means a troll. I actually contribute to the forums unlike some that just join to bicker then leave. 

Online and some of SP is still WIP (Work In Progress) this was stated, so there is much more to see. They stated in a newswire post, give us your feedback which will help us shape Grand Theft Auto. So, can some please put that statement to use and send their criticising opinions to them which will actually help everyone else in their position instead of on forums bashing it which will mean no change at all and a bigger mess for the moderators to clean out. 

Glenni91
  • Glenni91

Trick

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

I definitely notice a difference in handling, it's not just something trolls have said, there /is/ a noticeable difference now. 

ConnollyUK
  • ConnollyUK

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

I had a fender bender with a muscle car and the wheel came clean off.  I've never seen that before pre-patch.  I don't really notice a difference in the driving though, but I expect that must be because even pre-patch I was driving 'normally', i.e braking for turns.  Old Forza habits die hard.  

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:33 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 02 October 2013 - 01:34 PM.

Yep, handling has changed. Steering is less responsive and much more linear, you don´t go from 0 lock to full lock and make it instantly through 90º corners, which is a good thing.

But there is still tons of work to do. Braking distances are still ridiculously short, there´s still too much lateral grip in every car class. Suspensions are still quite unresponsive to stuff like hitting curbs and cresting hills, even with cars tuned to be very low (racing suspensions).

But hey, they´re listening us. Slow progress, but in the right direction. Looks the pressure and that petition are making a difference, let´s keep pushing.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

I wish they would have fixed the audio on both the cellphones and TVs.  I have to turn my receiver up to almost max just to hear them.  

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

The car handling is definitely different. The only people not noticing it are people who thought it was fine before and weren't able to notice how garbage and comicly unrealistic the physics were. You can't take a 90 degree turn with the throttle floored anymore.

I'm still able to do this in my Infernus. Nothing has changed.

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

I had a fender bender with a muscle car and the wheel came clean off.  I've never seen that before pre-patch.  I don't really notice a difference in the driving though, but I expect that must be because even pre-patch I was driving 'normally', i.e braking for turns.  Old Forza habits die hard.  

I've seen that plenty of times pre-patch. I've tested out the handling in the following cars:

Tailgater

Cognoscenti Cabrio

Infernus

Vacca

9F

9F Cabrio

Mesa (Merryweather Version)

Entity XF

Buffalo (Franklin Version)

Adder

Cheetah

All of them handle the same as before with no noticeable difference. The damage is also the same as when I first booted up the game. Maybe you just didn't end up in the proper scenarios to see the type of damage you're experiencing now. One of my first crashes within minutes of starting up the game resulted in my wheel popping off at launch.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:22 PM Edited by Kent_Paul_Jnr, 02 October 2013 - 02:28 PM.

ya they also changed the sound when smoking franklins bong.  They added a lot of reverb sounds better.

Gamechanger.

Gonna hit up on Dolby Surround Sound Tonight - we got "bubbles" in HD

Two weeks for this crappy patch - lol -

SP got owned by R* - they gave it to the gamers just like chop ;p

CrazyVRN
  • CrazyVRN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

I didn't like car physics tweaks, I prefer how it was before patch. Didn't noticed any differences with police and car damage. And I still can't see any Vacca and other rare cars on streets. Well, I actually find TWO Adders just after I downloaded patch but that's it.

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

I didn't like car physics tweaks, I prefer how it was before patch. Didn't noticed any differences with police and car damage. And I still can't see any Vacca and other rare cars on streets. Well, I actually find TWO Adders just after I downloaded patch but that's it.

Which cars, exactly? Several cars never appear on the streets, but you can always find them in a specific location such as the Vacca parked in a driveway in Rockford Hills.

CrazyVRN
  • CrazyVRN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:38 PM Edited by CrazyVRN, 02 October 2013 - 02:48 PM.

Which cars, exactly? 

Vacca, some others. I heard they actually appears on streets after patch. I got Vacca for Kifflom quest but it never respawned for me in the same place. I don't understand why you can't find them on streets. I NEVER saw Cheetah outside of that mission.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

I don't notice any change whatsoever with the patch. I think it's in peoples minds. R* need to put out a hefty patch and fix all these problems soon or it will be unacceptable. What a goof

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users