Quantcast

» «
Photo

A LOT of our complaints have been answered.

92 replies to this topic
blues3531
  • blues3531

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:51 PM Edited by blues3531, 01 October 2013 - 10:59 PM.

I'm pretty thankful but Idk if you all noticed alot of the changes from the patch. Rockstar left a bunch out of the patch notes probably because they didnt want to feel like there was a real problem in the first place. They probably got embarrassed when they actually played their game and found out how much of a joke the car physics/handling were. (how that got past multiple stages of testing I'll never know.) Most of us could tell it was garbage from the first gameplay trailer.

But the car handling is definitely heavier and less grippy. Thought it was at first because I was driving a weak car but then got into a 9F and could no longer take turns at full speed 90 degree angles, You can't even do this while coasting at a high speed. Yay for actual physics.

Bike handling actually has leaning and realistic physics now. No more on rails looking bs.

Car damage has more deformation like GTA4 had. I took pics for proof of ramming a 9F into a wall a couple times once on each corner and it is def pretty f'ed up compared to before.

0_0.jpg

Police response isn't immediate. They take a little longer to arrive on a scene and to me it seems like they aren't called as often. Maybe its placebo effect after a patch but I've seen other people mention this too.

Also noticed entry and exit wounds for gun shots idk if this was in the game before because I didn't have a lot of super close up combat but I dont think it was.

What else complaint wise has been answered? The car garage thing isn't fixed btw like they said it was...lol

xX-EmptyClip-Xx
  • xX-EmptyClip-Xx

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:10 PM Edited by xX-EmptyClip-Xx, 01 October 2013 - 11:11 PM.

I agree the police are different.  They're still really aggressive but way less accurate with their shots.  Which I like a lot more especially when being shot at while driving.  Now they just need to stop police from magically appearing near you out of thin air.

-Car physics I'm also loving this change pretty close to perfection now imo anyways.

-Bullet entry and exit wounds where there before the patch so not seeing any change there.

-Car damage still not seeing much of a change if any.  I smash up my cars all the time and damage all still seems the same to me.

and finally yes on the ps3 anyways the safehouse garages are still losing your saved vehicles.  Tested Franklins and Michaels.  I never had a car vanish from Trevor yet.

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

Quick question:

How do I know if my XBox version has been updated?

RedHolden
  • RedHolden

Playing GTA Since 2001

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

I agree the police are different.  They're still really aggressive but way less accurate with their shots.  Which I like a lot more especially when being shot at while driving.  Now they just need to stop police from magically appearing near you out of thin air.

-Car physics I'm also loving this change pretty close to perfection now imo anyways.

-Bullet entry and exit wounds where there before the patch so not seeing any change there.

-Car damage still not seeing much of a change if any.  I smash up my cars all the time and damage all still seems the same to me.

and finally yes on the ps3 anyways the safehouse garages are still losing your saved vehicles.  Tested Franklins and Michaels.  I never had a car vanish from Trevor yet.

Rockstar said they were aware of the glitch, But did not have a patch or any idea on how to fix it.

Maybe in 1.02 it will be fixed. (Just relax and it will be fixed shorty) But if I were you I would store your fancy cars in the Protags other garage (Just so you don't waste $100000 on a car that has vanished into thin air.  

blues3531
  • blues3531

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

Rockstar said they were aware of the glitch, But did not have a patch or any idea on how to fix it.

Maybe in 1.02 it will be fixed. (Just relax and it will be fixed shorty) But if I were you I would store your fancy cars in the Protags other garage (Just so you don't waste $100000 on a car that has vanished into thin air.  

They're so stupid. It is obvious how to fix it. Give us an actual menu for saving cars in safehouse garages. Like an actual drop down even if it only stores one car. Like when you go into a purchased non safehouse garage you get "press right" for special cars. It needs to be like that. Mafia 2 did it with a menu. FFS rockstar I dont think anyone in their design team passed 5th grade.

That or stop force spawning cars the game designates as default cars. Buffalo, Tailgater, Franklins stupid bike. Just let us park only our chosen cars in the garage and the spawn car would stop replacing what we actually want in there.

• M210F and wallpaper42 like this

xX-EmptyClip-Xx
  • xX-EmptyClip-Xx

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:23 PM Edited by xX-EmptyClip-Xx, 01 October 2013 - 11:24 PM.

It says in the patch notes they fixed it and its a lie is all I'm saying :)  yes I hope they fix it next patch for sure though.  I learned my lesson on storing cars at safe houses  after my first two vanished the day after the game was released.

I'm just confirming and trying to warn others who may think its fixed that I retested the garages and vehicles still vanish

blues3531
  • blues3531

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

Also for damage I've never seen that kind of crumple deformation pre patch when the game first came out. I've wrecked cars to the point of being seriously f*cked but it was more or less just the bumper coming off and maybe a door off and the wheels/suspension misaligned and broken.

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

CINEMATIC MUSIC SHOULD BE A SEPARATE UDJUSTABLE OPTION!
  • Shababa92 likes this

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

Dang, I'm glad mine can't be patched. I like it the way it is.

• TheMeatTornado likes this

CarlitoDorito
  • CarlitoDorito

R* Defender

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:17 AM

Didn't the cars get damaged like that before? or was i imagining that? lol the sound is different when you're drunk now

xX-EmptyClip-Xx
  • xX-EmptyClip-Xx

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

ya they also changed the sound when smoking franklins bong.  They added a lot of reverb sounds better.

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

It didn't seem changed to me. The police may be a bit less accurate, but apart from that everything about the police is identical so far.

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:49 AM

They couldn't even fix the LEDs

f*cku cock*

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:51 AM

Dang, I'm glad mine can't be patched. I like it the way it is.

The OP is wrong. I updated and nothing has changed. The driving is still perfect like launch.

PsuPepperoni
  • PsuPepperoni

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:52 AM

I killed three people in the middle of nowhere, and no cops came.  It used to be killing two people anywhere would summon cops from the ground

MyLittlePony
  • MyLittlePony

Crew: Ponyville

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:58 AM Edited by MyLittlePony, 02 October 2013 - 02:59 AM.

I for one like the new police patch.

Also, I had never noticed the bullet entry and exit points until an hour ago.

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:00 AM

Do you still get a wanted level instantly after silently killing someone without a witness?

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:37 AM

It says in the patch notes they fixed it and its a lie is all I'm saying :)  yes I hope they fix it next patch for sure though.  I learned my lesson on storing cars at safe houses  after my first two vanished the day after the game was released.

I'm just confirming and trying to warn others who may think its fixed that I retested the garages and vehicles still vanish

I read the patch as fixing the four car garages not the safehouses. I suspect those are working as intended - characters use cars while you're playing as other characters and they lose them. Just my opinion mind you.

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

Idk man... I think it's in your head OP.

blues3531
  • blues3531

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

The car handling is definitely different. The only people not noticing it are people who thought it was fine before and weren't able to notice how garbage and comicly unrealistic the physics were. You can't take a 90 degree turn with the throttle floored anymore.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

Quick question:

How do I know if my XBox version has been updated?

If you had an update to download?

vwnut13
  • vwnut13

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

I've noticed you aren't guaranteed to die when flying out the windshield anymore.

Well, I died every time I flew out before the update, and haven't died that way since the update.  Maybe just a coincidence.

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:44 AM

Where can I find the patch notes? It doesn't seem any different to me...

Are you talking about Online or SP?

GTA_dog
  • GTA_dog

Est. 93

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

The bullets going through the player have always been in the game, just to clear that up.

blues3531
  • blues3531

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

Where can I find the patch notes? It doesn't seem any different to me...

Are you talking about Online or SP?

Single player. As I said in the patch notes it doesn't list a lot of the things that people are reporting noticing. I noticed car handling after I noticed bike handling. The bike stuff is obvious, before you couldnt lean for curves like I said it felt liek you were riding on rails before. I think rockstar left this stuff out of the notes because they didn't want to admit that it was a problem.

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:11 AM

ya they also changed the sound when smoking franklins bong.  They added a lot of reverb sounds better.

Gamechanger.

• Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

BettyBlueGT
  • BettyBlueGT

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

If its not listed in the official patch note then its not patched..

blues3531
  • blues3531

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:56 AM Edited by blues3531, 02 October 2013 - 07:11 AM.

If its not listed in the official patch note then its not patched..

So the obvious change LS customs where the car titles are listed much bigger doesn't exist? Not that it is something worthy of note but the patch notes don't mention it. So I must've imagined that.

• Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

Yeah, the cars seem slower and the damage is a little more realistic. The handling is hard to say without a side by side comparison. I hope they take the changes even further with more updates.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

I haven't noticed any changes to the single player.  Certainly the physics and the police haven't changed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users