Photo

GTA 5 online character deleted

53 replies to this topic
Zachp1017
  • Zachp1017

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

I spent 5 hours playing my character and then my game froze and of course when i got back on GTA my character was gone. I know a lot of you are having the same issue but mine is a bit more serious. I bought $500,000 of in-game cash which was $10.00 of my real life money. My character got deleted after i had purchased the $500,000 so am i going to get reimbursed or will my character show up again once this is all fixed? This sucks. If you know any info please comment on this. Thanks

Sh1zn3t
  • Sh1zn3t

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Thats what you get when you pay to win. Hahahahahaha

• crackedmontana likes this

Zachp1017
  • Zachp1017

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

i just wanted to buy the bad ass $400,000 crib for the homies and i got f*cked over

Anoxxi
  • Anoxxi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

Don't worry you won't loose your cashcard. Anything deposted in a bank stays with a characters

Zachp1017
  • Zachp1017

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

Well unless they bring my character back the money is gone I'm pretty sure... They have to reimburse me or something cause that's some serious bull sh*t... R u kidding me rockstar

HooptieDeville
  • HooptieDeville

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

This happened to me too, of course I hadn't spent any real life money for in-game yet... but still I've been play online for about 6 hour today and then all of a sudden my Character is deleted??? 

XxSNPPROSHOTZz
  • XxSNPPROSHOTZz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

Same thing has happened to me i cant load my character keeps telling me to make a new 1 i was rank 25 and had spent $200,000 on my car and had $100,000 in bank didnt buy any game money earned it myself and now its fkin gone it better just be servers f*cking up and the characters come back coz i rly dont see the point of playing when there is a risk of your character just being erased. 

UrinTrolden
  • UrinTrolden

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

I played 2 hours and then my game froze. And then later when i wanted to play, my account wasnt there. So i created a new and completed all toutorial. And then when i was about to join gta online, i was stuck in the sky.

Cosmo1010
  • Cosmo1010

Rule-Breaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

I just carn't  wait for you to get YOUR account erased Edguy89

Famous-CLS
  • Famous-CLS

'Verve

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

Rockstar surely must be making progress by now and since I just lost my character i'm staying away from GTA Online until a statement AND an apology from Rockstar is released

• TheBusterMan likes this

Florz
  • Florz

Freak on a Leash

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

seems like R* made a new business to get even more money in, lol.

Let idiots buy those cards and than remove their accounts by "accident" :)

Nah just joking, real pain in your asses, report it on R* support.

sewy
  • sewy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

Yep... same thing happened to me, twice. Yesterday i could only create my character, today my character wasn't there so i created a new one, finally got to play a session (barely) until it froze loading a Job and when i went back my character was gone again. I think i'll be waiting for a proper fix now, the character creations and the intro to GTAO are nice and all but i don't want to f*cking see them 10 times. 

I know this kind of releases are pretty tough (like Sim city, Diablo, etc) but i expected more from R*.

NB_Jiu_Jitsu420
  • NB_Jiu_Jitsu420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

Same thing keeps happening to me I am about fed up with this game. I am putting in 2-6 hours into a character and I will complete a mission and then it will freeze or lag during download and I will shutdown. Then when I come back I don't have my character anymore its just getting out of hand. Does anyone have any idea why its happening is it a saving issue or should I just wait a week for it to fix itself...

Frightattendant
  • Frightattendant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

I love the irony in entitled millennial hipsters getting angry over not being able to access the online version of a game that skewers them.

Rockstar gave us an incredible single player experience that they spent $170 million perfecting, and some of you want an apology for the EXTRA feature not working as planned?

I wish Trevor was real so he could rampage all over your asses.
  • Jacob-B and crackedmontana like this

Trevor6669
  • Trevor6669

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:20 AM

I am real. :3 Anyway, I'm having the same issue, haven't played online much though, but the main issue I'm having troubles dealing with is most of the time it won't let me "host" a match, and sometimes won't even load the mission at all.  It like.... freezes.... a lot.

Mustard Tiger
  • Mustard Tiger

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

I love the irony in entitled millennial hipsters getting angry over not being able to access the online version of a game that skewers them.

Rockstar gave us an incredible single player experience that they spent $170 million perfecting, and some of you want an apology for the EXTRA feature not working as planned?

It's a paid feature you dumbass.  We all paid for online.  It should f'ing work.  You're a tool.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

Mine's just gone as well. Looks like I'm heading back to the start.

Miahz_Twin
  • Miahz_Twin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:17 PM Edited by Miahz_Twin, 03 October 2013 - 07:18 PM.

Just happened to me to....Im starting to hate this game. i spent at least 15hrs on my character and got up to 100k. Now its all gone...

Towmuch_INC
  • Towmuch_INC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

My Character is also gone, but i still got the 50K at the bank , however i cant play online anymore.... I love this game so much, please i want to play more.

edenney01
  • edenney01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

WTF?!?!?!  I created a character on Oct 1st but couldn't get online to play on the 1st.  I finally played for a couple hours very early in the morning on the Oct 2nd, and got my character up to Level 4.  Logged on later in the day and my Level 4 character was GONE.  I was irritated and sent Rockstar a formal bug report.  Wanting to play of course, and hoping that the problem might resolve itself, I created a NEW character in the #2 slot (hoping that my character in the #1 slot might return).  I played ALL NIGHT without any major connectivity issues, probably 12 hours of playing, and grinded my way up to level 12 with a lot of effort.  Just logged on and once again MY CHARACTER IS GONE!  This is BULLSH*T!!!  

• Miahz_Twin likes this

edenney01
  • edenney01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

My Character is also gone, but i still got the 50K at the bank , however i cant play online anymore.... I love this game so much, please i want to play more.

How could you have 50K in the bank if you don't have a character anymore?  The money in the bank is tied to your character, and you can't see your bank account without logging in with that character.

edenney01
  • edenney01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:14 PM Edited by edenney01, 03 October 2013 - 09:15 PM.

Same thing keeps happening to me I am about fed up with this game. I am putting in 2-6 hours into a character and I will complete a mission and then it will freeze or lag during download and I will shutdown. Then when I come back I don't have my character anymore its just getting out of hand. Does anyone have any idea why its happening is it a saving issue or should I just wait a week for it to fix itself...

I submitted a bug report to Rockstar mid afternoon on Oct 2nd (yesterday) when my first character @level 4 was deleted (since then, my new character @Level 12 was also deleted).  They provided this useless reply this morning:

Thank you for contacting R* support.

We are aware of these types of issues with GTA Online, and we are working hard to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, at the time of this post, we do not have information as far as an exact time of resolution.

Please subscribe to this article to receive an automatic email notification whenever there are updates:
http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246--Updated-5-30-PM-ET-10-1-13-GTA-Online-Launch-Status-Latest-Updates-

As new issues are identified, we will be continuing to keep that article and our entire knowledge base up to date.

Regards,
Brad P.

• Miahz_Twin likes this

billy2048
  • billy2048

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

Got the same useless reply. Why the f*ck do they give me a link to a topic that says nothing about character deletion, f*cking bullsh*t.

CybrGangstaJesus
  • CybrGangstaJesus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

How could you have 50K in the bank if you don't have a character anymore?  The money in the bank is tied to your character, and you can't see your bank account without logging in with that character.

Cash and Bank balances are displayed in the upper right hand corner when in the character slot selection screen.  I have money in the bank too but character is gone.

Towmuch_INC
  • Towmuch_INC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

Yes, i see no characters at all, but the money in the right top corner still shows. I guess it got saved into my social club somehow. R* posted a few hours ago that it will release a patch tommorow. I HOPE it will be the last time my character gets ERASED.

BmoreKrazyKen
  • BmoreKrazyKen

Displaced Gamer

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

YEah my character was deleted too.  And now I am trying to start the first race with my new character.  I didn't have a chance to pick my clothes either.

ricosuave
  • ricosuave

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

This happen to me also. I am really disappointed with rock star. I worked hard for all the money I earned and I had 86 kills and one death its not fair. deletion of character. I hope they fix this soon

Miahz_Twin
  • Miahz_Twin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

You;re lucky then. I had my  money in the bank. But it says I only have 5k in there now and 0 characters. I like the game but I guess its my fault for trying to progress in a broken game. Even though I paid for a game that is suppose to be fixed. I've made 3 characters now. I'm not going to play anymore until they come out with a fix. Or playing this game will be pointless if data gets corrupted and progress is never saved or is deleted

Miahz_Twin
  • Miahz_Twin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:02 AM Edited by Miahz_Twin, 04 October 2013 - 12:03 AM.

http://gtaforums.com...et-by-rockstar/

This is a link to a similar thread. The guy commenting seems to know his stuff. He says that your characters aren't gone but just temporarily shutdown. I guess whatever character is missing means that the server it was on was shutdown and restarted. So this guy also says that if you save over and create a new character over the slot that had your old one, it will then be deleted. I hope no one did because I think i did. So when your server for your character comes back on, log back in and your character should be there

holyfrakwit
  • holyfrakwit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

you dont pay to win in this game, even if you buy 1.2 million all you can do with it is buy houses and cars. you cant buy any wepons untill certain rank so what differance does it make

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users