Filtering out kids and morons...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic
cash68
  • cash68

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

Is there a way we can filter out 90% of the users in this forum, to just the most intelligent ones?  You know, the ones that have a decent grasp on the English language, can put together a cohesive sentence, and think rationally?

Because 90% of the posts I see are just f*cking morons/kids calling each other gay for having different opinions.  So much static, so little signal!  

Maybe have some sort of GTA test, and once you passed it, you could choose to filter results from only other users that passed it?  Because with the popularity of GTA exploding over the past few years, it's really hard to keep track of a topic with thousands of identical topics being posted, and thousands of posts that don't contribute anything at all.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

please use the search function.

this topic has been suggested before... and just like before, it's still a terrible idea.

this is a public forum for a major video game franchise.

you take the good with the bad. we cannot institute an IQ test for everyone that wants to join. some people are very intelligent anyway but they would fail the test because English simply isn't their primary language.

bad idea is bad.

stop suggesting it.

cash68
  • cash68

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

How the hell are you supposed to follow a topic that grows 15 pages in 2 hours, comprised of mostly insults?   Why can't it be an option to let the kiddos play with other kiddos?  Think match making, but for forum conversation.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:51 AM

relax. I'm on your side.

sorry for not making that clear.

I agree with you in principle.

but it's a better idea in theory than it is in practice. it would be bad for the forum at large to implement something like that.

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

I don't think they're going to do this but it would be great for someone to put together a quiz ranging from GTA/RnC to GTA V/Online.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:05 AM

y u tlkn lke dat

xbox 1337 4evur

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:04 AM

If you figure out some sort of magical process for this, I'd be all ears. Then again... Im 40% moron and a kid despite my age, so... :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users