Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

I still can't play, I'm on PS3

adoreonerr
  • adoreonerr

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:50 AM Edited by adoreonerr, 02 October 2013 - 03:51 AM.

I finally got in and have to say I'm pretty impressed so far. Once you get passed the open race tutorial things run pretty smooth which is surprising, there is a little lag here and there but not anything like I thought it would be on the 1st day.

They need to fix the Bad Sport "writeups" or whatever they are though. I was using my phone to deposit some money got slammed into purposely and saw some dude in a truck that he modded so I chased him down and shot him hit his truck maybe 3times (he had already wrecked the crap out of it) and it blew up and I got a "Bad Sport" warning for blowing up someones personal vehicle and was told to "play nice" pretty lame especially since the other dude started it.

laaaaaaaaame! also is it free aim?

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

I still can't play, I'm on PS3

Patience, it will happen at some point. Just play SP for now.

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:55 AM

I own a PS3. Nuff said.

Trevkillz
  • Trevkillz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:59 AM Edited by Trevkillz, 02 October 2013 - 04:00 AM.

I finally got in and have to say I'm pretty impressed so far. Once you get passed the open race tutorial things run pretty smooth which is surprising, there is a little lag here and there but not anything like I thought it would be on the 1st day.

They need to fix the Bad Sport "writeups" or whatever they are though. I was using my phone to deposit some money got slammed into purposely and saw some dude in a truck that he modded so I chased him down and shot him hit his truck maybe 3times (he had already wrecked the crap out of it) and it blew up and I got a "Bad Sport" warning for blowing up someones personal vehicle and was told to "play nice" pretty lame especially since the other dude started it.

laaaaaaaaame! also is it free aim?

Yes and you can't change it (outside of missions haven't checked if you can turn it on for missions or not though), thankfully I was worried about that too but those ppl stating that it has aim assist outside of missions are full of it.

Jako98146
  • Jako98146

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

My experience was a crash at the char creation screen and later not connecting to the servers...

adoreonerr
  • adoreonerr

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

Yes and you can't change it (outside of missions haven't checked if you can turn it on for missions or not though), thankfully I was worried about that too but those ppl stating that it has aim assist outside of missions are full of it.

thaaaank god! and ty for the answer:)

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

The dumbed down car and helicopter physics has definitely made that particular aspect of the game boring compared to how fun they were in IV, but other than that there seems to be plenty more to do.  

Not totally happy with the character creation - honestly I think it would have been better without the whole parent system even if it was interesting, and just make them completely customizable like in the Saints Row games.  Still, there's a lot of other options after that what with the clothing and stuff.  Plenty more than there is in single player.

A friend and I just goofed around a bit, eventually got some helicopters and tried to steal some jets.  While the military was distracted with him, I managed to grab one and he died.  I flew around for a bit before accidentally crashing into a helicopter.

Another friend got on and we grinded on one particular mission, stealing two cars for Simeon over and over again, getting tons of RP and $5000 every time.  Eventually I bought an apartment by the beach(I think it was $93,000?).  Kinda disappointed that there aren't any houses to buy out in Blaine county.  Would have preferred something more secluded.  This'll do for now at least.

Finally we played Survival which seems pretty fun.  Been missing a survival mode since some dumb asshole thought it would be a good idea to replace Firefight with some overly boring story driven Spartan Ops in Halo 4.  This doesn't seem to have anywhere near as much depth but still fun and challenging.

gsfcrew
  • gsfcrew

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

the most i can do is create a character

i heard its working for most people playing on xbox

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

All the apartments look the same Just different colors I owned two different apartments , both luxury . They looked identical,and u can't own more than one property . U have to sell it. suspected better r* :-( love the liveliness of it though. I will miss the "feel" of gta 4 though. 4 felt like GRAND THEFT AUTO . Gta V online feels like they fired their CEO and hired a new one. Same game way different vision . I'm getting use to the ranking system. Races do feel kind of noobish . If a player that bump into u it feels over powered . At the same time the fishtail doesn't seem to work @-@? If they fix the bugs , listen to the community they can succeed at this .

adoreonerr
  • adoreonerr

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:15 AM Edited by adoreonerr, 02 October 2013 - 06:15 AM.

first thing they need to do is get it online
edit: for everyone..

Decimationist
  • Decimationist

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:37 AM

So far my experience with GTA:O has been pretty awesome. I have met, teamed up with, robbed with, robbed, and been robbed by a plethora of different personalities so far. I have intercepted fellow hoodlums gas station robberies, and I have shown everyone why they should pick the adder every time. I have had a random player ram his chopper into the police chopper following me, and I have had a random player run me over in the street as I deposit money in my bank. Every one of these experience has managed to illicit a new emotion from me, and this is something I have not had from a game in a long time. 

• Marck527 likes this

Marck527
  • Marck527

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

Are all of you using headsets? I'm not using one and I'm thinking it's probably why people kill me on site

Starchs
  • Starchs

Potato chips

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:31 AM Edited by Starchs, 03 October 2013 - 02:31 AM.

Got in but unable to continue as the game is stuck on Launching session screen

shoelaces!
  • shoelaces!

Cultural Critic, Feminist, Tea, Video Games.

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

Are all of you using headsets? I'm not using one and I'm thinking it's probably why people kill me on site

No one likes a 2shy2talk lone wolf, if you don't have a set and a crew, you are smalltime and get treated as such.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users