Photo

So...about online...

38 replies to this topic
QuietSundayLibrary
  • QuietSundayLibrary

Abide by God's Glory

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

I created a character and it was a horrible system.

I agree, I can see they tried to do something different but it just doesn't really work does it..

It can -- in principle. What Rockstar should have focused on prior to the launch is strengthening and foolproofing the servers that they currently DO have, whilst attempting to add more in able to accommodate the slew of thousands (millions, even) who will be inundating them over the next week.

Even if it had taken several more weeks to properly launch GTA: Online, it would've made for a smoother experience for all. As it stands, it's quickly becoming a fiasco of inaccessible modes, spawn griefing and latency (once able to sign in by some miracle).

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

Yeah no wonder their stocks are dropping. If I had stocks and I got online at GTA:O launch and their servers were down, I'd go and sell all my stocks as well. Hard to have faith in them when they fumble so much.

This is not a good look for R* and is costing their company millions.

And this is the problem with not releasing a game yearly, you don't know what you're getting yourself into a the online landscape changes all the time. All these other companies have their online situations sorted out right from the get-go. R* seems to be at a complete loss right now, which is why their stocks are plummeting.

jschmidt85
  • jschmidt85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

Yeah no wonder their stocks are dropping. If I had stocks and I got online at GTA:O launch and their servers were down, I'd go and sell all my stocks as well. Hard to have faith in them when they fumble so much.

And this is the problem with not releasing a game yearly, you don't know what you're getting yourself into a the online landscape changes all the time. All these other companies have their online situations sorted out right from the get-go. R* seems to be at a complete loss right now, which is why their stocks are plummeting.

I made an account for the sole purpose of asking you this.

What the hell are you talking about?

1. Everyone knew this would happen, it doesn't make sense for a company to over supply themselves with servers because they truly don't know how many people will go online.  What other companies have their online situations sorted out from the get-go?  SimCity anyone?  WoW anyone? Diablo 3 anyone? Just a few

2. Their stock is dropping?  Did you even bother to look up that information?  It's actually up almost 2%... but ok.

3.  And you would rather they release sub-par sh*t every year instead of releasing a fantastic game after a few years?  are you serious?

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/ttwo in case you don't believe me about their stock

ECDT1089
  • ECDT1089

TheGamer

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

Why can't things ever just go smoothly? Well looks like we'll just have to wait a little longer for things to get corrected. It is what it is. :/

kotaco
  • kotaco

Clan mXm

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

I loaded in but can't get through the first race so I've just been free roaming around.

popeno
  • popeno

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

I made an account for the sole purpose of asking you this.

What the hell are you talking about?

1. Everyone knew this would happen, it doesn't make sense for a company to over supply themselves with servers because they truly don't know how many people will go online.  What other companies have their online situations sorted out from the get-go?  SimCity anyone?  WoW anyone? Diablo 3 anyone? Just a few

2. Their stock is dropping?  Did you even bother to look up that information?  It's actually up almost 2%... but ok.

3.  And you would rather they release sub-par sh*t every year instead of releasing a fantastic game after a few years?  are you serious?

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/ttwo in case you don't believe me about their stock

Haha this post made me laugh so f*cking hard. Good job man.

Scooter_Johnson
  • Scooter_Johnson

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

americans, canadians and asia, stay of the servers till us brits get on it

Why? Even Canada could crush your little island. 

i dont think so, come back when your oil has ran out lol, nope thats when you invade countrys 

Mustard Tiger
  • Mustard Tiger

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

How are you guys trying to sign in? Because I don't get any cloud message or anything.  When I use the character switch and go to the 4th character slot it says "Failed to host GTA Online session...Please try again later"

Mustard Tiger
  • Mustard Tiger

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:27 PM Edited by Mustard Tiger, 01 October 2013 - 08:27 PM.

americans, canadians and asia, stay of the servers till us brits get on it

Why? Even Canada could crush your little island. 

i dont think so, come back when your oil has ran out lol, nope thats when you invade countrys 

We are not known to invade countries, sir.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users