Quantcast

» «
Photo

this is ridiculous

56 replies to this topic
CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

wtf is wrong with you??? you tried connecting for 3 hours, no life confirmed

Yeah, you're one to judge...

DownwardGoose
  • DownwardGoose

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

Everyone seemed to realise that the servers would crash... except for Rockstar.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

what is ridiculous is how many of you guys are so clueless you don't even REALIZE you are clueless.....LOL

woolva2k13
  • woolva2k13

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

The play station network is bad, hence the issues

R* servers they rented have nothing to do with sony.

Azrealzim
  • Azrealzim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

So by all you other people who think they are sooo smart and understand server lag and all that think of it this way you buy a car right and you love that car but then millions of other people buy the same car and yours stops working for a period of time you would just consider that fine even despite the fact you worked your ass off to buy it so you could use it yeah that seems logical to me.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

what is ridiculous is how many of you guys are so clueless you don't even REALIZE you are clueless.....LOL

GTFO Mr. joined 3 hours ago.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

You can't prepare for these sorts of things. Rockstar clearly stated that they were expecting the launch to be problematic. Try again tomorrow, or later in the week if you want a more stable experience.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:21 PM Edited by LazyboyEight, 01 October 2013 - 03:21 PM.

Agreed, absolutely appalling on R*'s part. They had two weeks to prepare.

At this stage, CoD is a better multiplayer game than GTA. But hey, Rockstar aren't really bothered, they're too busy rolling in their money to actually care about the terrible quality of their game.

It's been five hours, and they haven't even acknowledged the huge backlash.

sgllocal
  • sgllocal

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

you do realise rockstar warned us all about online launch day and the problems??? WTF is wrong with you??? there are millions of players trying to play this right now. of course there will be issues

Chase177
  • Chase177

Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

My arguement is sh*t games like COD that rely on online play have just as many people busting their servers on release days with far less issues I had freezing missing quest markers and then just back to back time outs they made over a billion on this title I honestly would have waited 1 week and more longer if it ment all the creases ironed out of their load tests and stuff and why sit on here attacking other annoyed people who paid good money for a product if by all rights part of it is at the moment faulty.

We have to consider that Activision probably has way more servers than Rockstar, and the fact that CODs MP system is a lot different from GTA Online. GTA Online has more complex events to handle in the cloud.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

It's been five hours, and they haven't even acknowledged the huge backlash.

http://www.rockstarg...uto-online.html

Azrealzim
  • Azrealzim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

I understand most of the points people are making here and can agree to some extent but if anyone did get on I found it truly moronic all online players were funneled into a tutorial that just made things 10 times worse, i sat for 10mins plus just waiting for it to find other players for the first race but gave up in the end was just wasting my time I think just in general we are all getting to soft on these companies and giving them excuses yet we keep forking out our money and they must sit there laughing at us either just dealing with sh*tty things or complaining when we had already bought the product they win at the end of the day I guess its just sad that its more abut the money then the quality these days.

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

Everyone seemed to realise that the servers would crash... except for Rockstar.

Idiot. they actually warned everyone, something other companies NEVER do! QVUACK!

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

I understand most of the points people are making here and can agree to some extent but if anyone did get on I found it truly moronic all online players were funneled into a tutorial that just made things 10 times worse, i sat for 10mins plus just waiting for it to find other players for the first race but gave up in the end was just wasting my time I think just in general we are all getting to soft on these companies and giving them excuses yet we keep forking out our money and they must sit there laughing at us either just dealing with sh*tty things or complaining when we had already bought the product they win at the end of the day I guess its just sad that its more abut the money then the quality these days.

I hope you`ll rmemeber your anger the next game comes around and wont buy it, OH what am i aying ofc you wont, you`ll forget this happened in a  few months :)

Dustinboards
  • Dustinboards

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

Their trying to fix the problem calm down and relax.

Azrealzim
  • Azrealzim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

I actually refuse to buy anymore COD games and alot of other titles Im a father first then a gamer so yeah I choose to spend my time and money more wisely then children, and I might be just one guy but eventually others will stop supplying lazy people Im not saying rockstar is I have read that they will be doing their duty of care its just silly they didnt take more care before hand I hope they dont let anyone down more because we all enjoy playing with friends online.

DanteHicks79
  • DanteHicks79

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

OMG!  I joined this forum two days ago, and I need to QQ because everybody else is trying to connect to the game at the same time as me!  Life is just HORRIBLE and RockStar totally FAILED in EVERY WAY! - OP

:lol: - Me

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Thats part of the problem OP, everyone is spamming the sh*t out of the connect button

• DanteHicks79 likes this

casper13
  • casper13

Cas

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

OMG!  I joined this forum two days ago, and I need to QQ because everybody else is trying to connect to the game at the same time as me!  Life is just HORRIBLE and RockStar totally FAILED in EVERY WAY! - OP

:lol: - Me

What does my join date have to do with this whole situation? Your logic doesn't make sense, dude. Just for the heads up though, I have an account from 2012. I've just made new one because of the display name. :)

exe_order_66
  • exe_order_66

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

My arguement is sh*t games like COD that rely on online play have just as many people busting their servers on release days with far less issues I had freezing missing quest markers and then just back to back time outs they made over a billion on this title I honestly would have waited 1 week and more longer if it ment all the creases ironed out of their load tests and stuff and why sit on here attacking other annoyed people who paid good money for a product if by all rights part of it is at the moment faulty.

thats exactly what ive been saying!!!

LadyFondou
  • LadyFondou

High-Life

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

This is crap. There is NO excuse for these problems. They had 5 YEARS to prepare for this day.

And what do we get?

E

R

R

O

R

After

E

R

R

O

R

DanteHicks79
  • DanteHicks79

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

This is crap. There is NO excuse for these problems. They had 5 YEARS to prepare for this day.

And what do we get?

E

R

R

O

R

After

E

R

R

O

R

Do you even understand how MMO and online game servers even work?

They are designed to handle a heavy load that consists of people who log in at staggered times - not all at once. 

There are actually several different servers - the login server, and then the game server.  The login server locates an available game server that has space, and directs you to that server.  It can only handle a small amount of traffic, because it has to actively poll the server architecture to figure out where everybody needs to go.  The game server itself can handle a huge amount of players (even though each "server" in GTAO is only 16 players, I wouldn't be surprised if they are running several "servers" on each machine). 

Imagine a building that has one door.  Inside is something that the hundred people standing outside want, and when the door opens, all hundred of those people rush the door at the same time and get stuck - it's the exact same way with login servers for online games. 

The problem is EVERYbody trying to be FIRST to log into the game.  Relax - you'll get to play.  QQ, you gotta wait a few hours or a day or so. 

Every major online game launch has had the exact same problem, because people are too impatient and just have a hardon for playing the INSTANT the servers are available.

mdniterder
  • mdniterder

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

GTA V has sold 2.25 million copies.........think of how many people worldwide are trying to get on in the first few hours, have you never experianced a launch of  high profile game?

I dont know why people are annyoed about this........its GTA...its Online..........its going to crash, only morons and the mentally ill would think it would run smoothly 

I think they have sold more than 2.25 Mil EA Games Sim City Sold 2 Mil Someone said 33 Mil but some things I have read are around 13-15 mil, So imagine that many people trying to log on at once, even 4 or 5 mil people trying to log on at once just floods the servers to death and most people don't get this, they grew up in an already connected world and do not understand how servers work. Look at reddit They can direct you to something super hot to read or watch and the users their can take down major websites just from so many people flooding the server.

casper13
  • casper13

Cas

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

It's working all great now, :)

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

i have been trying to connect to gta online on ps3 for good 3 hours, wtf is wrong with you rockstar?? they always seem to mess up on everything that shouldnt be so hard to accomplish

-edit 2.10, working now !

Now dont you think all the bitching was a bit ridiculous? All is good in the world again

casper13
  • casper13

Cas

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

37345709.jpg

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Mamba

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

Another cry baby thread.

Haha!! :lol:  

Into the serious matter. these problems were bound to happen. its common sense...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users