» «
Photo

Rockstar is pulling a "Sim City"

41 replies to this topic
motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:48 PM Edited by motorider420, 01 October 2013 - 05:16 PM.

Since the update went out this morning, I have been plagued by errors:

"The cloud is not available".

Getting stuck on loading screens.

Getting stuck in the menu trying to load playlists.

Xbox freezing.

Xbox randomly putting back to Single Player.

My crew not being recognized in Multi.

It took me an hour, and three tries, to get through the sh*tty tutorial and into the game.

ETC

Rockstar sold 33mil copies, so they should have been ready for Online, and obviously they weren't.

What other issues are you all having?

Edit:  This is not a complaint, this is a statement of fact.  I am asking for others to comment on the issues they are having.  Hopefully some of us will be able to shed some light on workarounds, or w/e.  Lets call this, an unofficial list of launch-day glitches.

Edit 2:  Update:  At 12:16pm CST, I was able to get online, and my character was fully recovered.  Thanks R*.  Keep fighting that fight!  Don't give up on us!

• GTAspotter likes this

FlyUS
  • FlyUS

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Get a ps3, fix confirmed
  • DanteHicks79 likes this

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Get a ps3, fix confirmed

I ditched my PS3 when Sony lost my credit card to some amateur hackers.

Anyone have any constructive feedback?

My main issue right now is actually hosting/joining jobs...

:/

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Like I said a couple times, only the clueless nooblets are shocked and angry by what is going on. 

zujca
  • zujca

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

Get a ps3, fix confirmed

Failed to host a GTA Online session on PS3, so that's no fix.

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Like I said a couple times, only the clueless nooblets are shocked and angry by what is going on. 

This is your first post on this thread...???

Also, I am not shocked.  I am not angry.  However, I am highly disappointed.

You really think that Rockstar has an excuse for this poor performance?  On what basis?

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

#YardOn

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

And there's no way Rockstar is pulling a Sim City, since we actually can play the game offline. Same would go for the people calling it a "Diablo 3" clone for this matter.

Also, yeah, they sold 33 million copies. Still, it isn't possible to stress and test servers to a release date overhead unless you actually release the game. There's no way you can test production-performance in a test enviroment. This was expected.

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

And there's no way Rockstar is pulling a Sim City, since we actually can play the game offline. Same would go for the people calling it a "Diablo 3" clone for this matter.

Also, yeah, they sold 33 million copies. Still, it isn't possible to stress and test servers to a release date overhead unless you actually release the game. There's no way you can test production-performance in a test enviroment. This was expected.

Hmmmm... good point, we still have SP.  But, online, from the little I have seen so far, is truly a different game entirely...

But, think of it this way...  Each "cloud" server can probably host 100 people, broken into batches of 16.  So, R* could of put 100 people on one server, and tested the hell out of it.  Then, they start expanding, and just clone the tested server.  Now, going from 100 to 33mil is a huge jump, but there are also stress-test servers to test servers.  I.E. they create fake data to load up the large cloud server farms.  So, considering the game released at 6am my time, and most of the people in the servers in my area are still asleep, its kinda BS they weren't ready for a 6am crowd.

IDFK, I just hope they are working on it instead of sleeping.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

The point of this thread is what?   For you to cry and complain like a little kid

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

The point of this thread is what?   For you to cry and complain like a little kid

Maybe you need to get some sleep?  I am not complaining.  I am simply stating a fact, and asking others to input their experiences and opinions.  Trolling around calling names is not constructive.

Update:  I just logged back in, and my online character was gone.  Hopefully it returns...  Turned the xbox off for now...  Anyone else lose their saved character?

carnage.
  • carnage.

What color do you bleed?

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

Would it kill you to wait until they get everything sorted out. Sh*t happens with updates sometimes. Just relax, it'll be fixed.

Chase177
  • Chase177

Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

Stop your complaining. GTA V is in really high demand. Even Rockstar wasn't prepared for this, so give it time. Rockstar even said that there would be bugs and issues when GTA Online was released.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

Maybe you need to get some sleep?  I am not complaining.  I am simply stating a fact, and asking others to input their experiences and opinions.  Trolling around calling names is not constructive.

Update:  I just logged back in, and my online character was gone.  Hopefully it returns...  Turned the xbox off for now...  Anyone else lose their saved character?

I did, then started a solo session, created a temporary character, then spawned by the vinewood sign. I have no f*cking idea what's going on.

SlothZombies
  • SlothZombies

LOUD NOISES

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

Get a ps3, fix confirmed

I ditched my PS3 when Sony lost my credit card to some amateur hackers.

Anyone have any constructive feedback?

My main issue right now is actually hosting/joining jobs...

:/

'I ditched my PS3 when Sony lost my credit card to some amateur hackers.'

And you ask for constructive feedback.

Go die.

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

I did, then started a solo session, created a temporary character, then spawned by the vinewood sign. I have no f*cking idea what's going on.

LOLz, I had the same thing happen a few hours ago...  Did your character fall from like 20ft up and faceplant into the ground?  Mine was like "ahhhhhhhh *splat*".

igrvks
  • igrvks

Proto Hipster

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

Just failed to connect again, when the game threw back into single player there was a radio commercial for cloud computing, and it was really hilarious in this situation.

"You're fired internet!"

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

The thing with SimCity was, I could actually play the f*cking game and get into it.

I can't even get into GTA Online.

Oh well, BF4 Beta it is until R* gets their sh*t together. Wonder how long we have to wait this time, hope not as long as we waited for them to get SC working properly.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

Get a ps3, fix confirmed

Actually both aren't running great.......

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

Rockstar sold 33mil copies, so they should have been ready for Online, and obviously they weren't.

a rogh estimate is that at least 10 million(thats 10.000.000 for the mathematically handicapped and those who have trouble understanding what that number means) players are spamming their connections towards R*(and it gose to 1 place mat no matter its xbox or ps3 all data gose to a central database in R*) a high end mmo game server can handle about 3000-5000 players at the same time, IF i want to be generous, and those servers have their SEPERATE login server just for the login process, so form here on even a retard can do the math. they would need 2000!!!! high end servers with FAST and reliable internet in order to facilitate this kind of CONSTANTS strain of data.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

It's hardly Rockstar's fault that there's an overhaul.

Arcadiax
  • Arcadiax

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

Possibly the only company to say "Expect crashes and lag outs" any people still rage at them (not you) come on guys, no matter how many servers they buy, launches for games like this are always, ALWAYS rocky.

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

It's hardly Rockstar's fault that there's an overhaul.

Overhaul?

Do you know something we don't?

SlothZombies
  • SlothZombies

LOUD NOISES

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

A) You clearly have no idea what a "Sim City" is (they forced online only meaning people couldn't play the single player game, which is completely different to this)

B) Suck a dick

Sevenpatch
  • Sevenpatch

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

This ^^^^^^

And This ^^^^^

/thread

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

A) You clearly have no idea what a "Sim City" is (they forced online only meaning people couldn't play the single player game, which is completely different to this)

B) Suck a dick

A.  "GTA Online" is not "GTA V", in case you haven't heard a single word R* has been saying for months.  "GTA Online" is online only.  I can not play any of the missions offline, therefore, the game is "online only", hence the name, "GTA Online".

B.  Just because you enjoy thinking about sucking dick, doesn't mean the rest of us do.  Stop trolling and chill out.

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

So much fanboys in this thread makes me sick

SlothZombies
  • SlothZombies

LOUD NOISES

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

So many whiney little xbox kids on this forum. You've posted an irrelevant whining thread of the likes we've seen hundreds today, and posted it in the GTAV section.

Go post it in the online section if you think "Rockstar pulling a sim city" is in any way a true or relevant statement.

Either way stop wasting our time with these sh*tty topics, children.

lannydee
  • lannydee

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

"this is not a complaint, this is a statement of fact" why? because it came from your fingers? what the hell!?

DanteHicks79
  • DanteHicks79

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

This has been the case for every major MMO and online game, evar.  Everybody tries to log on the INSTANT the servers come online, and the system can't handle the stress and sh*ts itself. 

Game servers are designed to handle a heavy load that is stretched out over a long period of time - not everybody is going to log in at the same time in normal usage.  However, at launch, everybody gets so horny to hop online that they all jam through the one tiny door and get stuck. 

It's just like at a concert or a sports event - nobody has the patience to just calmly go through one at a time, until everybody has gotten in.  Everybody has this pent-up need to be FIRST and can't handle having to enter behind somebody else. 

This happened when WoW first launched many moons ago.  Most newbs don't remember it, because they weren't around, but it was a giant cluster.  Blizzaard can sustain their numbers NOW because not everybody is hitting the login server at the same time anymore.  It's all staggered, as their system was designed to work with.

Why do people completely forget about this?  It happens with EVERY game. 

Yes, we know you wanted to play Online.  We know you're upset.  Chill, holmes.  You'll get to play.  You don't HAVE to be the first person to log into the game.  Do like I do - wait a few days, and then log on and enjoy.

Now, if their servers can't handle normal loads two weeks from now, THEN you have a right to complain about their server setup.

• archiebunker likes this

Scooter_Johnson
  • Scooter_Johnson

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

a rogh estimate is that at least 10 million(thats 10.000.000 for the mathematically handicapped and those who have trouble understanding what that number means) players are spamming their connections towards R*(and it gose to 1 place mat no matter its xbox or ps3 all data gose to a central database in R*) a high end mmo game server can handle about 3000-5000 players at the same time, IF i want to be generous, and those servers have their SEPERATE login server just for the login process, so form here on even a retard can do the math. they would need 2000!!!! high end servers with FAST and reliable internet in order to facilitate this kind of CONSTANTS strain of data.

but a mmo is players thats on none stop, gta online is only 16 players not more 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users