Photo

UK, PS3 Players - What's your status?

86 replies to this topic
mcchase
  • mcchase

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

I haven't got to be up early tomorrow, so hopefully the early hours will see a drop in server bashing and may allow me on for the first time (wishful thinking right?)

Have to vent a little, apologies, but I do feel this is bordering on the unacceptable now. No one expected it to be perfect on release but a whole day when no one can even get on? That's a bit much.

• XGUNZA-BLAZINX likes this

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

I haven't got to be up early tomorrow, so hopefully the early hours will see a drop in server bashing and may allow me on for the first time (wishful thinking right?)

Have to vent a little, apologies, but I do feel this is bordering on the unacceptable now. No one expected it to be perfect on release but a whole day when no one can even get on? That's a bit much.

A whole day? We should be happy if this can get fixed by the weekend. We might be looking at weeks of problems with GTA Online.

mcchase
  • mcchase

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

A whole day? We should be happy if this can get fixed by the weekend. We might be looking at weeks of problems with GTA Online.

Absolutely, not great news is it?

Totts
  • Totts

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

Yeah. Absolutely zero change in 10 hours, I'm doubtful any of us will be playing tonight! Hey ho, re-watch breaking bad or something. 

kmanmx
  • kmanmx

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

Thought i'd chime in.

I tried at 12 as soon as it came online, made my character, then "Could not create a host session" or something along those lines. Fine, this is what I expected, I quit and played some BF4 Beta for 3 hours.

Tried again 3 hours later expecting more of the same, yup, still couldn't even connect to online.

Waited another 3 hours and tried again.. yep, fail.

Having witnessing first hand the launch of SimCity5 and Diablo 3, this is exactly what I espected. Day one an absolute impossibility to do anything productive, day 2 buggy and glitchy but you can atleast log in some of the time, day 3 you can get some reasonable play time in, but still frequent disconnects and problems.

It won't be a smooth game for atleast a week or two, but I didn't expect it to. So from that point of view i'm not particularly surprised nor dissapointed. That said, I don't really think it's acceptable. They said themselves they sold 17m copies, so they should have prepared there system to cope with 17 million people. A massive task ? yep. Very expensive ? yep. But compared to the $1BN in revenue they got, it's a drop in the ocean. They would only need the extra capacity for a week or so and then they could take servers offline to reduce costs.

I've seen this so many times now, i'm more surprised when an online launch does go smoothly than when it doesn't.

Doug The Panda
  • Doug The Panda

Need a Job

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

Currently I'm still getting fisted by Rockstar as online still isn't working. I feel this fisting will go on for a while unfortunately.

theENIGMATRON
  • theENIGMATRON

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

Am online, 

but all i can do is free roam and rob stores. 

Cannot do any missions as it requires you to Join or Host a game. 

Neither of them work.

So if by some chance you get online, its not really worth the agro of the hours of retrying to get online. 

until they fix the servers and allow you to create and host games then its not worth trying to get online 

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:39 PM Edited by FirstLadyofGTA, 01 October 2013 - 09:18 PM.

Trying to download the update froze my ps so...no :panic:

finally got the update but got kicked out while creating my ugly character. lol

tubby custardd
  • tubby custardd

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

Nope not working for me.

I'm just playing the Battlefield 4 beta then try online in a few hours

altF4forCANDY
  • altF4forCANDY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

Nope not working for me.

You need exclusive to play it atm don't you?

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

Nope not working for me.

You need exclusive to play it atm don't you?

Yea you need BF3 Premium or preorder i think. Was playing it earlier, found it worse then BF3 gameplay and grafix

InconspicuousMonkey
  • InconspicuousMonkey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

I've been able to get past the Introduction cut-scene at the very start, as soon as my character auto-walks over to first mandatory mission and the car drives up, the second the guy inside opens his door I get

"Failed to join Job or Activity" at which point it prompts me to press x, I comply and then I get a second error message which I can't recall off the top of my head and then i'm back to Single-player. Been like this for the 10 hours its been out.

Rob_1992c
  • Rob_1992c

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

Just gonna go back to diablo 3 until someone has good news ;( so glad i didn't take time off work now. Would of kicked myself

OGCFB
  • OGCFB

Emperor Eye

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

I've been able to get past the Introduction cut-scene at the very start, as soon as my character auto-walks over to first mandatory mission and the car drives up, the second the guy inside opens his door I get

"Failed to join Job or Activity" at which point it prompts me to press x, I comply and then I get a second error message which I can't recall off the top of my head and then i'm back to Single-player. Been like this for the 10 hours its been out.

Same here.

The_Epsilonist
  • The_Epsilonist

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

That's what I'm getting also, only I can't get back to single player and the game freezes and I have to restart my console.

The_Big_Lebowski
  • The_Big_Lebowski

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

yup, for me too. 

But patch 1.01 also f*cked up my SP campaign. What a depressing day for gaming.

mcchase
  • mcchase

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

Still down guys. Any status reports throughout the day would be appreciated :)

Macca93
  • Macca93

Leeds United

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:43 AM

Unfortunately i'm going to have to dust off the old COD4 disc and waste a few hours :)

mcchase
  • mcchase

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

Unfortunately i'm going to have to dust off the old COD4 disc and waste a few hours :)

Good choice. I ended up booting Fallout 2 again last night! Hopefully we'll be online soon enough, I'm still waiting for that one reply to this thread saying "I'm in!".

Matt21
  • Matt21

Gimme your wallet

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

Good choice. I ended up booting Fallout 2 again last night! Hopefully we'll be online soon enough, I'm still waiting for that one reply to this thread saying "I'm in!".

fallout 2? wow nice to see people still enjoy those games

mcchase
  • mcchase

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

fallout 2? wow nice to see people still enjoy those games

I have an old eMac with a great in-built CRT display for these old gems! Can't play these classics on an LCD i reckon.

THUNDER-TRUMP
  • THUNDER-TRUMP

Black Country Crew - Sole Member

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

Im hoping the first person that does says

'Since you put it that way.....im iiiiinn  :inlove:

• mcchase likes this

Mrdeanop2
  • Mrdeanop2

GAWWH!

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

I was somehow hopeful that they would fix the problem overnight. I guess this is going to take a bit longer than I anticipated. 

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

Trying to download the update froze my ps so...no :panic:

finally got the update but got kicked out while creating my ugly character. lol

That's odd! You should at least be able to create your character before getting kicked out! :D

Most of us are stuck at the tut-race after creation/intro :)

mcchase
  • mcchase

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

I got on long enough to do the tutorial and kicked out after a minute of being in the game with people. I assume that means some people are getting on now?

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

Fascinating

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

Just lost my character. Not bothering with GTAO until R* confirm that that issue is 100% fixed.

mcchase
  • mcchase

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

Just lost my character. Not bothering with GTAO until R* confirm that that issue is 100% fixed.

Yeah, lost my character too. Great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users