Quantcast

» «
Photo

Has anyone been able to actually play GTAO yet?

82 replies to this topic
sgnfoolx
  • sgnfoolx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

I at the parking lot , and I enter the blue circle and my screen jus hand at the parking lot waitig for race?

polycount
  • polycount

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

So how does one even start playing Solo? I do not see that option ANYWHERE.

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

I tried a few hours ago, not knowing what time it was supposed to come online and it worked fine, I created my character, done the initial race and they did a few missions/races/deathmatches. Then my game froze and when I restarted couldn't get back online. Tried 1 hour later, still couldn't get online. Now I can get online but can't do any kind of missions, I can just freeroam with a bunch of other people in my server. Still fun for the time being.

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

told u gta online will be nothing special.

Just a buggy experiment jagex are creating...

decsok
  • decsok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

I tried a few hours ago, not knowing what time it was supposed to come online and it worked fine, I created my character, done the initial race and they did a few missions/races/deathmatches. Then my game froze and when I restarted couldn't get back online. Tried 1 hour later, still couldn't get online. Now I can get online but can't do any kind of missions, I can just freeroam with a bunch of other people in my server. Still fun for the time being.

But when you decide to stop is the money that you have gained or spent still there? Im guessing not... hope im wrong but I think your character might be invalid afterwards also 

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how to access it from a character's phone from in game.  :lol:

I downloaded the update but can't access my online char from the phone slot.

So I must be screwing something up. If the update applied correctly, shouldn't you be able to access your online char from the phone slot in game?  

l4ith
  • l4ith

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how to access it from a character's phone from in game.  :lol:

So I must be screwing something up. If the update applied correctly, shouldn't you be able to access your online char from the phone slot in game?  

press start XD 

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

it was working, i had a little trouble initially, but then things were ok, played some deathmatches and races and deposited some money in the bank. then i did some more deathmatches and one seemed to freeze up during loading and we all had to back out the xbox dashboard. now when i go into gta online i get

"Alert. The Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable right now. Only disc content will be available and saving will be disabled. Are you sure you want to continue"

if i say no it takes me to single player and if i load the multiplayer charactor i get a black screen indefinately. if i say yes i want to continue, my online player isn't there, ugh.

decsok
  • decsok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Press start or pause menu, then go to online. From there you should be able to access creating your appearance in GTAO. but don't get your hope up and spend too much time doing it, because you will have to do it again...and again..and again

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

I managed to get into a solo session. The first mission is bugged for me, but it's nice to be able to actually play online.

decsok
  • decsok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

it was working, i had a little trouble initially, but then things were ok, played some deathmatches and races and deposited some money in the bank. then i did some more deathmatches and one seemed to freeze up during loading and we all had to back out the xbox dashboard. now when i go into gta online i get

"Alert. The Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable right now. Only disc content will be available and saving will be disabled. Are you sure you want to continue"

if i say no it takes me to single player and if i load the multiplayer charactor i get a black screen indefinately. if i say yes i want to continue, my online player isn't there, ugh.

I tried to load the bottom blank spot on the switch between players spot a few times and also ended up with a blank screen

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

It started off ok but since I can not get into any missions.
The same reason you cannot get into that first race.
It's totally overloaded.
I just froze trying to join a match and now the severs down again.

ViperDON
  • ViperDON

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

playing online with a couple of people for a couple of hours , even managed to get a garage already

KanjiTatsumi
  • KanjiTatsumi

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

cant do the first race mission. failed to join (in solo mode...)

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

yeah the cloud is on the fritz now.

AutoPenalti
  • AutoPenalti

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

Tried going on, The Cloud said "I'm not available right now, try again later", pressed Continue anyway, customized my character, tried connecting to a game, server said no, and I backed out and turned off my xbox.

decsok
  • decsok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

My last character seemed to have saved somehow but now the "Loading GTA Online" seems endless

conker901
  • conker901

I won't end this high, no not this high again- Kanye West

• Members

i cant even create my character i just get a black screen

conker901
  • conker901

• Members

decsok
  • decsok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Did you try from the start menu in story mode

**but don't spend too long making it because its highly likely you will have to do it multiple times**

conker901
  • conker901

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

I tried to load the bottom blank spot on the switch between players spot a few times and also ended up with a blank screen

yeah me too im getting a blank screen

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

Yep, getting that aswell when trying to load game now, gueesing the cloud crashed and burned like the hindenburg.

• conker901 likes this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

at least i put my money in the bank before any crashes occured. not that i had alot, but around $15,000.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

Yep, getting that aswell when trying to load game now, gueesing the cloud crashed and burned like the hindenburg.

Nah man, the cloud is "infinite".

:)

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

UK schools are finishing now, so there's gonna be an influx. I'd hope that it'll balance out over the timezones, but I'm sure most people are going to keep spamming the server until they can play :(

Jeremiah239
  • Jeremiah239

OMFG

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

It was working for me at 6:30AM est on my xbox. Less then an hour in it lagged out and haven't been able to connect since.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:10 PM Edited by blk95ta, 01 October 2013 - 02:12 PM.

UK schools are finishing now, so there's gonna be an influx. I'd hope that it'll balance out over the timezones, but I'm sure most people are going to keep spamming the server until they can play :(

doesn't matter if there are 10 or 100,000,000 trying to get through the door, if the door is closed, ie the server is down, they aren't getting in.

• conker901 likes this

PsycoJuana
  • PsycoJuana

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

I just keep getting "unable to host a online game" was able to set up my guy though

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

So online, I can forget this. When I choose solo play, I can atleast get to the parking lot and go into the marker. After that? Nothing. I get kicked out again. I expected Online to have some problems, but that the majority isn't even able to get past the first tutorial is a little poor.

• decsok likes this

slydog
  • slydog

Rat

• Members

Biggest problem is getting your money into your deposit such a pain also earning money is awkward. Rank 7 not many issues apart from expect connection issues and not being able to find some of these game modes people were ranting about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users