Quantcast

» «
Photo

Has anyone been able to actually play GTAO yet?

82 replies to this topic
decsok
  • decsok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

I have been trying and trying, making character after character, resetting my console...

still no luck.... Every time, I have to watch the same intro leading up to the race that I cannot partake in.

Curious about serious answers from people that have actually been able to play and communicate with others.

Or people that have had to watch the GTAO intro more than enough times and got nowhere but somehow figured out what was wrong.

• lannydee likes this

serimos6
  • serimos6

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

I was pretty positive all the no-names on here who keep saying "oh just reset your console and it will work :)" were full of sh*t, so i never did. I can only get as far as the first race and then it always d/cs me no matter what. 

Old_BenKenobi
  • Old_BenKenobi

Just a crazy old man.

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

I haven't been able to play either but I'm pretty sure it's a server issue and restarting your console wouldn't help that...

hahahahahahaha
  • hahahahahahaha

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

I have been trying and trying, making character after character, resetting my console...

still no luck.... Every time, I have to watch the same intro leading up to the race that I cannot partake in.

Curious about serious answers from people that have actually been able to play and communicate with others.

Or people that have had to watch the GTAO intro more than enough times and got nowhere but somehow figured out what was wrong.

read all the other posts on here, logic tells you that other people have been able to play. Use your brain for gods sake

lannydee
  • lannydee

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

Same here. It was pretty unclear what to do after lamar dropped you off. I stole a car and have been sitting at the checkpoint for about 30 minutes now waiting for this race to "trigger". everyone in my session has been leaving, or has been disconnected. maybe you have to have more people in the lobby to race?

Vugo
  • Vugo

An user with an actual, functional brain.

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

I was able to play through a little. Lamar tells me to steal some drugs, then you take it to his friend who pays you. Then Lamar tells you to buy clothing, and then to buy insurance for the car you just stole. Then I got timed out and couldnt connect anymore (until right now as I speak lol).

bPiNs
  • bPiNs

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

Either more people or way too many. I'd go with the latter

AngryGamer94
  • AngryGamer94

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

Same here.I can't even play a solo session.

f*cking Rockstar,they had two weeks to prepare for this.

• decsok likes this

decsok
  • decsok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

read all the other posts on here, logic tells you that other people have been able to play. Use your brain for gods sake

Wow, don't want to mess with them strong typing fingers you have there bud. Chill out

real-life-G
  • real-life-G

real life G-ready G-raphicx founder

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

Took me 2 hours to actually start playing online

xyks
  • xyks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:57 PM Edited by xyks, 01 October 2013 - 12:58 PM.

I actually managed to be fast enough and to start the race vs. Lamar. It was just me against him. Finished the race, got a  world record (which isnt hard seeing that hardly nobody managed to get into the race yet) and then got disconnected from GTAO loosing my complete save progress. Now I'm stuck on the parking place again waiting for the race to work...

• lannydee likes this

decsok
  • decsok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

I was pretty positive all the no-names on here who keep saying "oh just reset your console and it will work :)" were full of sh*t, so i never did. I can only get as far as the first race and then it always d/cs me no matter what. 

Im a no name on here but I played the very first GTA when it came out and didn't stop following through :p

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

The race trigger has vanished for me. So, I can't start the race, but I can wander around freely.

• decsok likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

If you count getting to the race trigger cutscene then yes. Getting further than that........then no.

ViperDON
  • ViperDON

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

i was playing th past 3 hours but now there i wanted to start a last team standing its just loading , really depressing

kboyrulez12345
  • kboyrulez12345

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

For me, GTA Online was working for me like 30 minutes ago I think. Everything was working fine apart from the server issues. I played the Lamar mission where you had to get drugs, and I did 2 deathmatches and a repo mission from Simeon. After doing the repo mission though I logged out so I can wait for the server issues to get fixed, was wanting to hang with my crew.

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Lol two weeks? Try years.
  • decsok likes this

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Lol two weeks? Try years.

decsok
  • decsok

Player Hater

• Members

I remember reading something about GTAO being friends only at first, don't quote me on that but just out of curiosity maybe the people having problems that have wrote back on here and I should friend each other and try and join a game that way?

solocam4lyfe
  • solocam4lyfe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

Nothing yet made it to the parking lot and that was it for me

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

I remember reading something about GTAO being friends only at first, don't quote me on that but just out of curiosity maybe the people having problems that have wrote back on here and I should friend each other and try and join a game that way?

I'm currently playing and I can confirm that is not how it works. You can play solo but getting past rank four without another person can be difficult.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

I'm trying an invite only game.

Go to the pause menu from SP. Then to play online, then to invite only.

Maybe this will allow us to get passed the race.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

Also those that do get in, try NOT to do any missions that involve other player right now. It will just show a loading bar until you quit forcing you to go back to the dashboard as theres no leave button.

H0WITZER
  • H0WITZER

One Sexy F*ck

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

People need to go to work and let the servers calm down. That's what i did...no point spending hours waiting on it

WildmouseX
  • WildmouseX

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:11 PM Edited by WildmouseX, 01 October 2013 - 01:13 PM.

I had trouble with getting the race to start - on my last restart it spawned me in the air above the vinewood sign, I fell, lost half my health, then was good..

stole a car, drove into town, player came slamming into my car, shot and killed me. I respawned, grabbed another car, started driving around looking for a pay and spray - another player started chasing me, I fought back till I was out of bullets, then got him to crash with some police on our tails, got into his passenger seat and got killed - watched as he drove off with my body in his front seat and cops chassing after him.

I respawned and grabbed a motor cycle, found a place to rob, earned 2k - jumped into passive mode - saw a "point of interest" on the map, went to it and it was an ATM deposited my money, dropped passive mode - tried to phone for a job, but it's locked - spent an hour driving around trying to find another place to rob, and running away from players that got too close. just robbed another place, deposited the money and had to quit to get ready for work. bike is smoking bad from being shot up (mostly by cops, but by a few players - one of which had to die because he got in the way of my last robbery get away.) - hope I still have the bike when I log back in and can find a pay and spray.

why are the pay and spray's not on the map? - nor on either of the maps that came with my C.E.?

decsok
  • decsok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

I'm currently playing and I can confirm that is not how it works. You can play solo but getting past rank four without another person can be difficult.

Thanks for confirming mate I appreciate it. I guess the problems come about from where the persons console is trying to access the server, the amount of people and how much the servers in distance can handle it

Benniwest
  • Benniwest

Tricky

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

Same here, I've checked online and there should be a blue circle marker in the car park where you get dropped off but it's not there for me, annoying as f*** guess I'll leave online alone till later I'm guessing it's a server issue!!!!

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

Been trying all morning... I can't even get the first mission to launch without bugging my character, had to restart, and make a new character 3 times already now...

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

Team Deathmatches are pretty lame considering you only get a pistol when you start and level 10s have assault rifles.

decsok
  • decsok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

Been trying all morning... I can't even get the first mission to launch without bugging my character, had to restart, and make a new character 3 times already now...

mannnnn...tell me about it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users