WTF! This Is Bullsh*t

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
457 replies to this topic
E1999Eternal
  • E1999Eternal

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

Thanks for being the guinea pigs, guys, let me know when it actually works!

DarkFalcon95
  • DarkFalcon95

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

Stay in school kids! You know, instead of staying home and trying to play online when they said there would be issues.

ViceregalKing29
  • ViceregalKing29

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

This is turning  into one hell of a joke real fast...

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

Rockstar started by saying there were going to be issues day one.

Issues? What issues are you talking about? There are zero issues.... since it doesn´t works at all. 

All the problems people are experiencing are due to server overload, not the game itself.

OK. So, the character creation is that horrible due to server overload? Good to know.

Euan
  • Euan

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

This is what happens when you don't do a beta for the public.

Oh, and just curious, how long do you guys expect it will take to get everything running smoothly?

Dr7assan
  • Dr7assan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the few screw ups the first day? Sure, my game froze the first time starting the initial race. Sure, I pointed a gun at a store clerk in a hold up mission, and the clerk just stood there. Sure, there are a few pop ins, but WHO DIDN'T EXPECT THIS? Why the sudden outcry against issues that were almost guaranteed to happen? You guys should know not to trust Rockstar's word after the last few months anyway. I managed to do the first race (which also needs some tweaking), a mission to steal some drugs, a store holdup, and claiming my first car, without whining like a little bitch every step of the way, and I had a damn fine time doing it. If you are freezing and unable to get on at all, I understand you're anger, but to those who complain about pop ins and some lag, grow the f*ck up and learn that no game is perfect on day one anymore, no matter what company it comes from, or what that company tells you. It isn't perfect, it is being worked on, chill the f*ck out and wait patiently.

I'm totally agreed with you,  Guys please give them time ,,,! Let the company see where is the issue and how to fix...

it's just the day number 1

wait for the Day number 2 :p

CM_Kimmy
  • CM_Kimmy

U WOT M8?

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

This is what happens when you don't do a beta for the public.

Oh, and just curious, how long do you guys expect it will take to get everything running smoothly?

At this rate? well it's been 3 hours since launch and not one problem has been solved. I think at least 12 hours before anyone can game without issues. 

XGUNZA-BLAZINX
  • XGUNZA-BLAZINX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

As mayor of Vinewood, it is my responsibility to put everyone at ease.

We are all in  panic mode right now but complaining about it does nothing. I think when you make the amount of money as Rockstar did with this game and see how popular it is, there is probably going to be problems with online gameplay at first even if they knew this ahead of time. It is what it is and when they fix it, I am sure you will all shut up and play.

Don't worry because soon you will ALL be modding and cheating and ruining my online experience when I spawn into a map and you will all be back to your normal immature selves. I will explode on respawn, get set on fire for no apparent reason, my car will get shot up into space with me in it, your vehicles will be like tanks on steroids and boy oh boy..........I can't wait for that, how lovely that is going to be.

As mayor of Vinewood, it is my responsibility to put everyone at ease.

We are all in  panic mode right now but complaining about it does nothing. I think when you make the amount of money as Rockstar did with this game and see how popular it is, there is probably going to be problems with online gameplay at first even if they knew this ahead of time. It is what it is and when they fix it, I am sure you will all shut up and play.

Don't worry because soon you will ALL be modding and cheating and ruining my online experience when I spawn into a map and you will all be back to your normal immature selves. I will explode on respawn, get set on fire for no apparent reason, my car will get shot up into space with me in it, your vehicles will be like tanks on steroids and boy oh boy..........I can't wait for that, how lovely that is going to be.

Haahaa....that made me wee a bit

JimmyJoeJames
  • JimmyJoeJames

I'ma hero. My methods are just different from yours.

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:13 PM Edited by JimmyJoeJames, 01 October 2013 - 02:19 PM.

What I think is more sad is that people now accept this as the norm and curse at those who recieved a date and won't be able to receive a service on said date. 

This isn't just a coincidence with rockstar, this has happened with almost every online game "lately", things like this over the years should be known by companies.

They'll continue to do this, because people will accept it.

You honestly think Rockstar didn't think GTAV would do good in unit amounts? C'mon, if you believe that your the consumer they want.

I also read a post by R* that they were still buying servers.

It's called penny pinching, they won't spend money to make sure the service is up and running on the same date and keep good value... they would rather keep upgrading, etc. even after the date to save as much as possible.

People took off for Oct. 1, they gave us a date to start playing, not a date to just acknowledge that servers are up, these problems were only mentioned close to launch and not during the initial release or before hand.

It's Oct. 1 now, puppets.

This is how high value service drops, b/c if the consumer doesn't care, then why should the provider?

Keep bashing people though, I guess that's what keeps you busy during the wait.

If a company tells the public days beforehand "there WILL be issues" do you then NOT actually expect serious issues with the product? In my mind, common sense tells me, "hey, it seems like there's gonna be a lot of trial & error on the start of launch, so I doubt this will go well if they are telling us this now"

But hey, if ignoring that and venting & name-calling makes ya feel that much better, then hey...more power to ya. Let it all out.

Anullu
  • Anullu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

oh boy so many fa**ot having no Idea about IT-Business.

if it was that easy it would all be running fine right now.

give rockstar some time and it will all be good.

and you whining f*cks will all play all day long.

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

After 3 hours of trying to connect to the online servers, I finally got in by starting a solo session. But I wasn't able to trigger the first race. And then it timed out. This is quite frustrating. They had months to prepare. They then had 2 weeks after launch to make sure this was up and running and ready to go. The fact that it's a complete bust at the current moment is complete bullsh*t.

Irish Thunder Baby
  • Irish Thunder Baby

Come ride with me

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

I wish the online wasn't in the game or made a separate 1gb or whatever download so they could of put more into the single player(which is what really matters)

Jack188817
  • Jack188817

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:20 PM Edited by Jack188817, 01 October 2013 - 02:23 PM.

1. I wish the online wasn't in the game or made a separate 1gb or whatever download so they could of put more into the single player(which is what really matters)

Incorrect

MP is the future

kboyrulez12345
  • kboyrulez12345

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

In all honesty this was to be expected. I won't give Rockstar any flake for this, since I know nothing of IT development and this was Rockstar's first time in doing something like this. I just did some research and it turns out that this is pretty common with MMO's. So yeah, I would wait it out.

Btw, I heard that some people are having trouble with single player. Is that true?

ViceregalKing29
  • ViceregalKing29

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

oh boy so many fa**ot having no Idea about IT-Business.

if it was that easy it would all be running fine right now.

give rockstar some time and it will all be good.

and you whining f*cks will all play all day long.

Give them some time, they have had 2 weeks to buy servers and work out cloud kinks. More than enough time if you ask me, if they were releasing a faulty product that needs testing just call it beta...scratch that alpha 

• niekos likes this

X-eC
  • X-eC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Well, I have to say I understand the people complaining about Rockstar, I really do. If I had no life, and Rockstar said they were going to give me one today, I WOULD BE PISSED OFF TOO !!! Give me a life before I send angry e-mails about how bad you are at creating games  :lol:

mcdischead
  • mcdischead

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

It's been live for 3.5 hours you little sh*ts! Go put out a few job applications or something and I'm sure it will be fixed by the time you get back home later today.

Basically what I'm saying is: get a job and play less video games.

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

It's the Quenchiest!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

Stay in school kids! You know, instead of staying home and trying to play online when they said there would be issues.

Got all week to relax while people are bitching. I'll be over at the Battlefield 4 Beta if anyone needs me.

Eryn Gee TX-956
  • Eryn Gee TX-956

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

This has been ignored with all the whining but how do y'all think FailStar will compensate us for the buggy single player and multiplayer? Free dlc items? They should right? :)

lannydee
  • lannydee

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

Wow none of you know how hard it is to make something on this scale. just go jerk off or something, it'll be fixed once you find your shlong.

Rockstar are a multi million pound company - it's their job to make the product work. We're the consumer, we don't care how hard it is.

You're profile picture perfectly describes your attitude..which needs adjusting.

Crookid
  • Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Are people really bitching about server stability in the first hour? God I remember not even being able to loot at WoW launch.

Calm down and focus your complaints on character customization so Rockstar knows that is what they need to fix first. They know the servers are crashing and that will be fixed.

Darkkit268
  • Darkkit268

Player Hater

• Members

After 3 hours of trying to connect to the online servers, I finally got in by starting a solo session. But I wasn't able to trigger the first race. And then it timed out. This is quite frustrating. They had months to prepare. They then had 2 weeks after launch to make sure this was up and running and ready to go. The fact that it's a complete bust at the current moment is complete bullsh*t.

I don't believe they had millions of people to log into their servers at once to simulate the real thing, so no, they could not have prepared for this, sir.

Hitchens
  • Hitchens

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

What I think is more sad is that people now accept this as the norm and curse at those who recieved a date and won't be able to receive a service on said date. 

This isn't just a coincidence with rockstar, this has happened with almost every online game "lately", things like this over the years should be known by companies.

They'll continue to do this, because people will accept it.

You honestly think Rockstar didn't think GTAV would do good in unit amounts? C'mon, if you believe that your the consumer they want.

I also read a post by R* that they were still buying servers.

It's called penny pinching, they won't spend money to make sure the service is up and running on the same date and keep good value... they would rather keep upgrading, etc. even after the date to save as much as possible.

People took off for Oct. 1, they gave us a date to start playing, not a date to just acknowledge that servers are up, these problems were only mentioned close to launch and not during the initial release or before hand.

It's Oct. 1 now, puppets.

This is how high value service drops, b/c if the consumer doesn't care, then why should the provider?

Keep bashing people though, I guess that's what keeps you busy during the wait.

If a company tells the public days beforehand "there WILL be issues" do you then NOT actually expect serious issues with the product? In my mind, common sense tells me, "hey, it seems like there's gonna be a lot of trial & error on the start of launch, so I doubt this will go well if they are telling us this now"

But hey, if ignoring that and venting & name-calling makes ya feel that much better, then hey...more power to ya. Let it all out.

You can do better than that... c'mon... knight...

Sage Syx
  • Sage Syx

8 Bit Gangster

• Members

2. Once they allow you to play online they dont allow you to play online

F*ckin' love the logic bro.

This

Senor Salami
  • Senor Salami

Square Civilian

• Members

I'm sitting here reading the comments. The only thing that comes to my mind is the movie idiocracy. its all "dar dar dar" takes a sip of 60oz soda "dar dar dar"

We are truly f*cked as a nation and a world if this is our future.......

Speak for yourself slick.  People are upset, let them vent.  Is it so difficult to understand?  Do you find yourself so superior?  Read the title of the thread.  P.S.  Your quote did not spell "They're" correctly with "Their".  Just FYI.

Crookid
  • Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Are people really bitching about server stability in the first hour? God I remember not even being able to loot at WoW launch.

Calm down and focus your complaints on character customization so Rockstar knows that is what they need to fix first. They know the servers are crashing and that will be fixed.

bonedeth667
  • bonedeth667

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

This has been ignored with all the whining but how do y'all think FailStar will compensate us for the buggy single player and multiplayer? Free dlc items? They should right? :)

I hate greedy c*nts like you.
Have some understanding towards the company, Jesus.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

The SocialClub works again for me now, it was down all day, or loaded really slow. So that's a good sign.

Miss-K-T
  • Miss-K-T

New here.

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Im writing here just because I think its important to all have a voice.

I think its a joke after 3 hours I cant even start my first online event. Oh and way to go making the first event a multi player race.

You would have thought just a simple tutorial would have done and then free roam the city for events, or sightseeing..

My last moan is they made over 800 million in the first three days and now play a... only spend what we think we need to on server's game.

Hell if I was on Battlefield 3 I could rent one for 3 months. Grrrrr two weeks you had our money and this is part of the product.

Today is the release day and I cant even log the fcuk in...

lannydee
  • lannydee

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

"What you doin' man? You supposed to be goin' that way!"

yes lamar, I am SUPPOSED to be going that way.

• Noz636 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users