• This topic is locked This topic is locked
457 replies to this topic
Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

Why did I even come to this thread? :sui:

I'm fine with waiting until it's ready and working, I created my character but could progress no further. The only thing I'm now really annoyed about --- you can't be Asian! I just spent about 20 mins trying all different Grandparents moving sliders about ARGH ;[

I know!  I tried for a while to try to make my character look Asian.  And I couldn't really lean closer to my T.V. to see it, but I swore that there were Asian grandparents :/

• A-Lonely-Dragon likes this

ajma420
  • ajma420

High Roller

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

this is R* offices right now

3.gif

• Lance_Vance89 likes this

MotherLover
  • MotherLover

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

Hahaha so much entitlement in here. Calm the f*ck down.

Afusensi
  • Afusensi

BUSTED!

• Members

I've no idea how anyone can even try defend rock star at this point.

1. They make you wait over two weeks for online

2. Once they allow you to play online they dont allow you to play online

How can you miss the most obvious point?

They made over one billion in the first three days of sales.

They were also "expecting servers to overload".

Doesnt that tell you something about their company morals.

Hell, even I could rent a server for £11 per month and on battlefield its about £40 for three months i think. 

So, they literally have no excuses.

GTA V sold the most copies ever on record so what were they expecting when it came to online. Oh wait, they were "expecting servers to overload".

How dumb can these guys be?  If they expect it why didnt they get more more damn servers? 

Riddle me that.

Great post, this should be pinned instead of the people that complain about people complaining.

prlaodude
  • prlaodude

Player Hater

• Members

The US government shut down...

DarkFalcon95
  • DarkFalcon95

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:17 PM Edited by DarkFalcon95, 01 October 2013 - 01:18 PM.

I'm stuck on the 'waiting for other players' screen for the first mission. I expected problems but I didn't expect them to force you into a mission at start.

JimmyJoeJames
  • JimmyJoeJames

I'ma hero. My methods are just different from yours.

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

Why is everybody acting like R* didn't say the launch would be a mess...? They told us this in just about every announcement for the past week or so...obviously if a company actually has the balls to say, "hey, the first day or so is really gonna be bad"and "bare with us for glitches" then you obviously should expect the worst. Chill out lol.

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

On the plus side, I did get to see the online intro by selecting solo session. Looks awesome...can't wait til it's working properly :)

hallkjell
  • hallkjell

High roller

• Members

It sucks if your character can get lost. Ignore my previous post and just be patient then. Wow, there are a lot of ignorant kids here... Reminds me of the in-game radio commercial "the truth is, kids are little sh*ts" and it encourages you to beat them up, haha. There is an element of truth in that.

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Why is everybody acting like R* didn't say the launch would be a mess...? They told us this in just about every announcement for the past week or so...obviously if a company actually has the balls to say, "hey, the first day or so is really gonna be bad"and "bare with us for glitches" then you obviously should expect the worst. Chill out lol.

Like I said, the problem is not being able to do anything because they force you to play a multiplayer race right in the beginning. I can understand the servers crashing or being overloaded but making it so that we can't do anything until we connect online? I would be robbing stores and making money right now but I can't because I have to do a stupid race online...

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

lol at all GTA fanboys in this thread. It seems you can´t even call it by its true name; f*cking bullsh*t. 

Make one billion dollar, and then place your servers in Rwanda. Rockstar being Rockstar. They did it again, that bold new direction;  Worst character creation ever. Well, it´s actually an amazing achievement.

They don´t even know how to build a proper character creator. Shocking news. This is utter crap. Sorry ,but that´s the truth. Time to face it.

Non relevant;

gtaonlinefu1_by_xbulletz-d6os6lv.gif
  • BettyBlueGT likes this

LadyFondou
  • LadyFondou

High-Life

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

It's very easy to say that. Argument invalid.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

Wow...Some kids should be f*cking shot in their f*cking spoiled heads.

Please kids, if you complain, just jumo off a f*cking cliff cause no one sane will ever care about your f*cking whining. Do something else then just hanging on the servers.

God you are annoying.

PS. f*ck off and die.

People have a right to be annoyed, people have paid for the game and they are a billion dollar company. They knew the servers were going to crash if something wasn't done.

No they haven't. Online is a free addition. FACTS: GET THEM STRAIGHT.

iamruby
  • iamruby

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

Such a bunch of kids in this thread/forum. Are any of you working on a game the size and ambition of GTA V? I highly f*cking doubt it. Do you have any idea how many people are trying to play this game right now? No matter how hard Rockstar worked on getting things prepared for Online there was always going to be problems like this. Millions upon millions of players are trying to access it at the same time.

What single player has to offer easily covers the cost of the game so Online is an added bonus which nobody had to pay extra for. Be patient and let Rockstar do their best to get it working fluidly.

You all sound like spoilt f*cking kids crying that you have to wait a little bit longer to play online. For those bitching about missions etc, have you even played long enough to see what it has to offer?!?!

Its whining kids like you lot that grown up, mature players hope to avoid online.

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

Wow...Some kids should be f*cking shot in their f*cking spoiled heads.

Please kids, if you complain, just jumo off a f*cking cliff cause no one sane will ever care about your f*cking whining. Do something else then just hanging on the servers.

God you are annoying.

PS. f*ck off and die.

People have a right to be annoyed, people have paid for the game and they are a billion dollar company. They knew the servers were going to crash if something wasn't done.

No they haven't. Online is a free addition. FACTS: GET THEM STRAIGHT.

Lance Vance talking about being annoying when he has no legitimate reason to be here. How are you going to call somebody annoying when you're not doing anything other than bitch about the people who are upset about the game? At least they have a valid reason, yours is? Don't have anything better to do with your life?

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

don't defend cockstar. single player was a load and now online doesn't work.

they took the pre-orders, made a billion dollars in the first week and made a bunch of promises they couldn't keep. so far this game is anything but the greatest gta ever.

from the sounds of it, some of you could care less if the product you bought actually works. when did launch weekend not working become acceptable? its like a new mcdonalds opening up and not letting you order for two weeks and then they sell you a ham sandwich and call it a quarter pounder.

so far this game has just been one let down after another. the rockstar cloud is not available and it shuts down my computer when I try to go to the socialclub website. im sure this wont end up the clusterphuck that is black ops 2 online.

Cdn80
  • Cdn80

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

Thank you for creating this and deleting the other complaint threads. I know to avoid this thread and that's way easier then sifting thru hundreds of basement dwellers complaining how important they are, how little they understand, and how sh*tty it is their virtual reality isn't living up to their ungodly hype. *thumbs up*

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

I'm still wondering what the hell they did after that.

"IT'S GOING TO BE A MESS."
Fans: "Okay! You're going to try and stop it from being a mess."
"YEAH SURE.. ANYWAY LOOK GUYS DLC."

Oh.

JimmyJoeJames
  • JimmyJoeJames

I'ma hero. My methods are just different from yours.

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:29 PM Edited by JimmyJoeJames, 01 October 2013 - 01:31 PM.

Like I said, the problem is not being able to do anything because they force you to play a multiplayer race right in the beginning. I can understand the servers crashing or being overloaded but making it so that we can't do anything until we connect online? I would be robbing stores and making money right now but I can't because I have to do a stupid race online...

They said the servers would be an issue...so of course everything would be to sh*t today lol. Like I said, if any company basically says "it's gonna be a sh*tstorm" I'm gonna expect the absolute worst if they're actually announcing how bad their service might be days before things happen.You all got the heads up.

Abrracadabra
  • Abrracadabra

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

When the servers are back up and running smoothly a lot of you will look back at your posts and realize how whiny you're being. This isn't something that's out of the norm. Server overloads were bound to happen on the 1st day of launch it was a highly anticipated game. 

They're not going to go out and get extra servers specifically for the launch. Once people stop trying to login simultaneously then those extra servers they bought become useless and a waste of money. 

Now I don't know how old any or many of you are but I'm old enough to know companies like R* do not waste money. They're a business first and foremost 

iamruby
  • iamruby

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

I hope most of you trade in your copies of GTA so I dont have to meet you online
  • Snoop_Willy, amoratisd, BurnCK and 2 others like this

Universal-Shot
  • Universal-Shot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

Surely they shouldve been better prepared. Its improved though. I started with a corruption, then I couldnt get on solo. Now I get on solo and the race is missing. 

LJseemyflow
  • LJseemyflow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

My character screan isn't loadin and the disk is clean wtf is goin on

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

They said the servers would be an issue...so of course everything would be to sh*t today lol. Like I said, if any company basically says "it's gonna be a sh*tstorm" I'm gonna expect the absolute worst if they're actually announcing had bad their service might be.You all got the heads up.

I expected the servers to crash, I didn't expect being forced to play online in order to access my character. Like I said, they should have allowed us to free roam before accessing the online portion. That's where they messed up in my opinion. Half of the people complaining here would've probably been satisfied with a new character to control. Rockstar screwed up on the online set up big time.

I would try to go to sleep too but my friends kept waking me up in the middle of the night  for this game so now I'm just wide awake lol

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

I spent almost 1 hour with creating my character only to loose it again cause server timed out when I wanted to progress and save it..

AnthonyLeafs
  • AnthonyLeafs

Thrash Metal Fan

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

My character screan isn't loadin and the disk is clean wtf is goin on

What?

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

No missions.

Everything is deathmatch, race, or a variation of the two.

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

I can't even connect. Just keeps saying its unavailable.

LJseemyflow
  • LJseemyflow

Player Hater

• Members

Surely they shouldve been better prepared. Its improved though. I started with a corruption, then I couldnt get on solo. Now I get on solo and the race is missing. 

first time i created my character i got to the race but the start point didn't load

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

I spent almost 1 hour with creating my character only to loose it again cause server timed out when I wanted to progress and save it..

Don't complain about that though because the Rockstar fan boys will stone you to death.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users