Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA 5 Online update bugged my GTA 5 singleplayer!

96 replies to this topic
pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

Guys, you should be reporting this problem to http://support.rockstargames.com/ so it can get fixed.

feldor
  • feldor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:57 AM

I wasn't really putting any faith in the solution of just keep playing, but believe it or not it actually worked. =)

eddiewayne
  • eddiewayne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

I wasn't really putting any faith in the solution of just keep playing, but believe it or not it actually worked. =)

I'm glad this is working for you guys. I haven't had any more problems with it. For those of you who haven't tried to keep playing, I urge you to give it a shot. 

svendolph
  • svendolph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:29 AM Edited by svendolph, 03 October 2013 - 04:31 AM.

And standard copy paste answer on XBOX 360 from Rockstar

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with GTA V on Xbox 360. Below you will find some Console Troubleshooting steps which may help resolve the issue.

Before troubleshooting, please check the following:

• a. Turn the console off and on.
  • b. Unplug all power cords and accessories, and then plug them back in firmly. Make sure all connections are secure.
  • c. Update your console software.

1.) Clearing System Cache:
To clear the Xbox 360 cache select Settings==>System==> Storage ==> then highlight the HDD, press Y for Device Options… and then simply select “Clear System Cache”. Select Yes when prompted to perform Hard Drive Maintenance.
* = Deleting the cache will remove temporary game files and updates. Saved games, profiles, DLC etc will NOT be removed.

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:09 AM Edited by tresshold, 03 October 2013 - 06:21 AM.

some missions disappeared like the dr. friedlander and all of my points of interest are gone on the map.

at first I could not see any races to....but they came back some how.

I don't want to go back one save because I did that submersible mission and I DON'T want to do it again !!

I got the text message from dr. friedlander about we are going separate ways, so that tells my it skipped it.

and what more, I don't know, but I want to complete 100%.

If I go back one save then I tsill have no points of interest on my map.

Pig__Destroyer
  • Pig__Destroyer

DRIFT THIS *****

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:20 AM Edited by Pig__Destroyer, 03 October 2013 - 06:22 AM.

Same prob here, also my quick markers dissapeared and couldnt make any... unplugged the system and it came back. But two of my missions for Franklin arent anywhere on the map anymore, I think the last two I have.

Side note... the quickmarkers never came back but I can make them again now. Sucks cause I used them for cool ish u know like all the stores to rob.

TastyRamenCake
  • TastyRamenCake

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

I installed my GTA 5 online update and I creater my online character. I tried to log in but it said Unable to host a game. Thats all right since many people try to get online on day 1. But then I went to singleplayer. When i tried to switch the character i held down the "DOWN" key but nothing happened. The minimap on the bottom left zoomed out as it should but the character switching wheel did not appear! I deleted the update... but still its missing! Man! Help me.

I had the same problem and it drived me nuts! I couldn't switch between characters and I couldnt do missions. They just didn't activate when I got close. So I just drove around for like an hour, then went back to the house... Aaand this might sound wierd, but I watched television for about 15-20 min in Michael's house (the cartoons were really messed up and wierd, haha!) and when I pressed Y to quit watching television I suddenly got 3 text messages and two calls - in game, in a row. And then I could switch between characters, do mission and everything went back to normal. So try watching the television for some reason, then quit to see if it fixes the issie. It's worth a shot, at least? 8)

Pendril Mandril
  • Pendril Mandril

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

Amazing, but it worked. I turned on PS3, went into the game and nothing more, just wait. I was doing other things with TV off, and when i came back i could switch characters and so.

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

Get Schooled

• Zaibatsu
  • Italy
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

IF you have a secondary save, like me, LOAD it, then use it. You will then be able to switch characters. If you can switch characters, just try to load GTA Online. Surprisingly, it worked for me..

wamadden4
  • wamadden4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

I had the same problem but the leaving the game on overnight fix worked for me!!! I can play GTA again!!! Online even works like a charm. I play on PS3. Thank God for whomever found that fix!!

Scumbag_Dave
  • Scumbag_Dave

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

i got the same problem, downloaded the patch, and my game skipped couple mission and i can't start a new mission. playing hours and nothing happened. 

Yep exact same thing happened to me. Skipped about 10-20% of progress, now I'm stuck as Michael where he and Trevor have been banned from the city or something, and can't change characters.

People here have been posting a solution, but I wonder if their progress skipped as well? Because I can't see that solution (keep playing) to fix this problem of skipping missions, maybe only the character select thing.

The_Big_Lebowski
  • The_Big_Lebowski

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

I have a fix, but it is not an ideal fix.  Although, it doesn't really matter until they fix the online portion of the game anyway.  Here is what you do:

1).  Close out of the game to the system menu/xmb.

2).  Disconnect your system from the network.

3).  Go to the game menu/Game Data Utility.  Find the GTA installed game data (not save data), and delete it.

4).  Stay offline and restart your disc.  Allow the game data to reinstall.  (If you are connected to the internet, the auto update will run, and make this fix null). 

5).  Once the game data is installed, allow the story mode to load.  If you have deleted the right game data, you will have story mode back, and will be able to play the rest of the missions and switch between characters.  The only drawback is, until they fix this, you will not be able to be connected online while playing. 

Also, you will need to redownload any dlc after you reinstall the game data.

This fix worked for me.  I could still bring up the readial, but I could only switch between Trevor and Franklin.  But, I did not have any more active missions to start.  I could do side quests, random events, etc.  But, the last five missions I had left couldn't be finished. I didn't want to have to start a new game just to be able to finish it, so I tried this first, and it worked. 

Hope that helps.

A.J.

Tried it, but it didnt help me, I hope it works for others. 

svendolph
  • svendolph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Request not found. You do not have access to request #1021151. It may have been solved or deleted.

Rockstar give me crappy tips and close my request. Day 3 after update an I cant still play GTA 4 Story mode.

BananaPhone
  • BananaPhone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

As soon as I did the online update I can't choose Michael which means I can't carry on the story now.. So i'm bored as hell!! :(

Archaic64
  • Archaic64

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

I can confirm that if you sit around in game, unpaused (just mess around for a while, go buy clothes or discover the map a bit) then after a varying amount of time, you will receive a phone call and the story will continue. Missions will activate and the character wheel will return, I can guarantee it. 

The length of time differs between 15 minutes to 3 hours so just keep playing and if you get bored you can just leave it unpaused and do something else for a bit. I hope everyone experiencing this problem reads this tries this because I am 99% sure it works, it worked for me and everyone I know.

Meres
  • Meres

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

As soon as I did the online update I can't choose Michael which means I can't carry on the story now.. So i'm bored as hell!! :(

Jah Man got the same probleme here.. Trevor always spawns at vanilla unicorn and Franklin at his home. Got no missions left to do and cant switch to micheal. 

The_Big_Lebowski
  • The_Big_Lebowski

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

I have the same issue, many have. Not being able to switch sucks.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

I can confirm that if you sit around in game, unpaused (just mess around for a while, go buy clothes or discover the map a bit) then after a varying amount of time, you will receive a phone call and the story will continue. Missions will activate and the character wheel will return, I can guarantee it. 

The length of time differs between 15 minutes to 3 hours so just keep playing and if you get bored you can just leave it unpaused and do something else for a bit. I hope everyone experiencing this problem reads this tries this because I am 99% sure it works, it worked for me and everyone I know.

This did not work for me. 

Scumbag_Dave
  • Scumbag_Dave

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

For how many people here did the game skip missions?

Ape1337
  • Ape1337

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

cant change characters also

svendolph
  • svendolph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

For how many people here did the game skip missions?

Dont now bur Rockstar dont fix it with the first update. Later.. maybe or you must start a new game ore a old save in my case very early in the game..

Tails001
  • Tails001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

I've been having this problem. I'm stuck as Franklin and cant change characters or start a mission at Michaels house for Franklin. Although I did try the go online & do the first 2 missions. Then I went back to single player & a message popped up saying:

Spoiler

Although hopefully if I mess about for a bit like other people have done, it might sort itself out :/

BananaPhone
  • BananaPhone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

I've left it running for 4 hours+ and still can't switch to Michael

Meres
  • Meres

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

I've left it running for 4 hours+ and still can't switch to Michael

Like me, I left the game the whole night running, update 1.02 didnt help neither

Thedeanster
  • Thedeanster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

uh, i have the exact same problem, im at the last mission "the big one" and im stuck as Franklin, i cant change characters, when i go into the strip club the mission icon just disappears! it happened straight after the online update that happened yesterday, I feel your pain.

All ive heard about GTA online is OMG! its not working, i hate u Rockstar! I would like to see you guys make an online expansion for the best game in the world (survey suggested 70% agree) with four times more customers then you expected, go ahead, i dare you.

BananaPhone
  • BananaPhone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

[/quote]
Like me, I left the game the whole night running, update 1.02 didnt help neither[/quote]

Yep update did nothing for me either.. Gonna have to start a fresh game at this rate..

bobbyranse
  • bobbyranse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

Does anybody know if restarting a new game actually works? (ie get past the bit stuck at previously?) Don't want to start a new game, put 20 hours of game time in and be stuck in the same position I'm in now!

DarnellQ
  • DarnellQ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

I had the same problem. I just reloaded my game and it worked fine then. But this morningn When I went to play, I had to redownload the patch, but everything works fine.

shagge
  • shagge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

i had the same problem, but what i did was what they said to do.  I had to get where i could go in solo online session with out frezzing up.  Then i pushed down on keypad it showed my chars i went to one of them offline, and when i got back in.  I could switch and do mission.  The only problem i had was some of the missions i was doing was frezzing my whole ps3 up.  I finlay got pass one of them then the last one i died 3 times to pass it.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

Michael is still greyed out when I switch to multiplayer. I still cannot switch to him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users