Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA 5 Online update bugged my GTA 5 singleplayer!

95 replies to this topic
griulf
  • griulf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

I have the same problem. My last saved game is ages ago. They just have to fix this.....

svendolph
  • svendolph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

Ok, same here, on Xbox 360. Old save and no mission at all but I can change characters but the save is from the beginning. This is scandal on a single player game.

Gosureece
  • Gosureece

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:04 AM

Hey this worked for me. I finally got into GTA online via the solo session option, finished the first two missions and went back to the single player game. After that I was able to play normally again and my character select wheel was back.

Angry Anderson
  • Angry Anderson

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

I think it would be better if R* released an update (1.0.2) and it deletes everything that was modified in v1.0.1

yes, I know you can delete the update but maybe some people would like to appear online when they play it? Because right now I can't even do a mission. I was standing literally right inside the yellow circle and nothing happened. I tried driving to it bit it stopped me a few feet away and I couldn't do anything!

DarthVikingPig
  • DarthVikingPig

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:45 AM Edited by DarthVikingPig, 02 October 2013 - 05:47 AM.

I've got the same problem, I'm trying various solutions, deleting everything and reinstalling the game, deleting the patch, reinstalling the patch, or keeping it deleted, nothing has worked so far, but right now I'm reinstalling the entire game to see if that helps (with the patch) if it doesn't I'll try reinstalling it without the patch.. if it works i'll let you all know... Being stuck on Michael without the ability to start a mission or the ability to switch really sucks....

IVORBIGUN
  • IVORBIGUN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:20 AM

I had this problem yesterday and thankfully resoved it myself.

I was stuck as Michael and unable to change characters. So I popped online and then once I was able to I  held down on D pad and selected Michael and went back to single player. Doing this resoved this problem and can now happliy switch characters again.

Personally I think the cause was due to my Xbox 360 freezing up during online play. So a little tip for you. When you're playing online when you're finished switch back to single player by selecting a character. Don't just quit out from online play or dashboard your 360 because in my opinion doing so is the cause of this problem.

The_Big_Lebowski
  • The_Big_Lebowski

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:15 AM

Tell me all about it. I feel your pain. So sad...

kdash106
  • kdash106

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

i got the same problem, downloaded the patch, and my game skipped couple mission and i can't start a new mission. playing hours and nothing happened. 

Pendril Mandril
  • Pendril Mandril

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

Same here, i got stucked after "minor turbulence", i'm controlling trevor and i'm unable to switch character. I've nothing to do, any mission, and if i come back to the city Madrazo's band beat me, because "Trevor and Michael are exiled from the city".

All this happens after installing the patch, create a character and try to play the online.

Hope R* release a new patch soon, because i can't play neither individual nor online.

The_Big_Lebowski
  • The_Big_Lebowski

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

Still broken. 

DarraghR
  • DarraghR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

Im on the first heist mission where you have to steal the gas truck. Every time I get to the Hs (Hesit Setup) icon on the map the truck just stops moving and theres nobody driving it. Tried blowing the doors off and delivering it to Lester's factory but nothing happens. I dont even have any waypoints or messages telling me where to go. Just used YouTube walkthroughs to find the place. 

Finally got Online working and did two missions. My character select wheel appears but when I pick Franklin it just drops me into Michael and I cant select character in single player.

I have two game saves one of them being an autosave but both wont show the character wheel!!!

This is an awful bug ive encountered due to GTA Online. I cant progress in the single player game at all

webbo254
  • webbo254

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

I had this problem I couldnt switch to Michael to carry on with the story missions.

I had to revert back to a save from the day before the online update came out so I could switch to Michael again.

ClaudeSteed
  • ClaudeSteed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:25 PM Edited by ClaudeSteed, 02 October 2013 - 01:26 PM.

I updated yesterday and screwed around in singleplayer a bit. Didnt pay attention to missions and switching, so I hope I don't have this problem.......

Just finished preparing for 2 heists which are ready to go (Merryweather and FIB).........

Will check tonight, here's hoping....

Chazzer3
  • Chazzer3

Car Jack City

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:36 PM Edited by Chazzer3, 02 October 2013 - 02:12 PM.

I have this problem... quite annoying as I am at ~50% completion, and my only other save is at 21%, don't really want to go back that far. Hoping that if I eventually get onto GTA Online it will resolve, otherwise I will patiently await a fix from Rockstar... if it hopefully comes! 

update: I tried loading back an earlier save and it does indeed bring back the character selector thing and everything works fine. But as I said, don't really want to do that. I cannot get on Online yet (shockingly enough) so can't test if that fixes it. Will report back if I get online eventually, will try again tonight. Really really don't want to go back 30%.... 

DarraghR
  • DarraghR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Going online didnt help me anyway. I have only 12% of the game completed but still dont fancy going back and replaying. Anyone got e-mail contacts for Rockstar support?

ClaudeSteed
  • ClaudeSteed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:08 PM Edited by ClaudeSteed, 02 October 2013 - 02:09 PM.

Going online didnt help me anyway. I have only 12% of the game completed but still dont fancy going back and replaying. Anyone got e-mail contacts for Rockstar support?

Like another mail on the digital pile of thousands will make any diference.....

Rockstar is well aware and don't need people flooding their mailboxes.

eddiewayne
  • eddiewayne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

DON'T DELETE YOUR GAME!!! I had the same problem and tried various things but like some of you, my last manual save was a looong time ago. I'm three missions away from the end so f*ck starting over. What I decided was to wait it out and in the process I leveled up most of my stats and robbed quite a few stores while also getting wasted a few times. I played a real world time of about two hours and then I get an in game phone call from Dave. The same call I got before this all happened. It basically reset itself and everything started working again. I can't guarantee it will work but my suggestion is to screw around in single player for a while, destroy stuff, drive, sneak and get murdered a few times and hope it works for you too. Patience is a virtue.

• Chazzer3 likes this

Chazzer3
  • Chazzer3

Car Jack City

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

Interesting, was your console still online while you were screwing around and eventually got it working? I just discovered I can still do street races as Franklin even though the other missions don't work, after a street race it is still broken though. I guess any excuse to just play around for a while is fine by me :p 

eddiewayne
  • eddiewayne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

Interesting, was your console still online while you were screwing around and eventually got it working? I just discovered I can still do street races as Franklin even though the other missions don't work, after a street race it is still broken though. I guess any excuse to just play around for a while is fine by me :p

I disconnected and then reconnected. I also downloaded a system update. I was still connected when it started working but I don't think any of those things really had anything to do with it. It was really weird. Like once it reached a certain time, the game just came back to life. 

DarraghR
  • DarraghR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

Like another mail on the digital pile of thousands will make any diference.....

Rockstar is well aware and don't need people flooding their mailboxes.

Just thought Rockstar may address issues quicker than others if they received a lot of e-mails in relation to that issue.

Will mess around for a while and see if it comes back.

ansimi
  • ansimi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Finally iyts working fine for me now. Even GTA Online is working great. Just that my characyer's data keeps getting corrupted. To fix the character wheel just go to gta online from pause menu and complete the first mission and return back to singleplayer... And now continue your singleplayer missions... Worked for me. Hope it works for you guys too.

Chazzer3
  • Chazzer3

Car Jack City

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

Hi All,

My game is back! Like eddiewayne said, after a certain period the character just used the phone and suddenly it appears to be back.

I think I just mucked around for about 30-45mins, taxi driving, street races, and now it is back. Best advice would be to just keep milling around and it will come back :) I am glad I didn't have to step back 30% :-)

Basis4aReese
  • Basis4aReese

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

The last mission I finished was "the wrap up"  I havent been able to get another mission since the patch downloaded.  I can switch between characters fine just can't get any missions for them.  Can somebody help me please????

slaughtertabs
  • slaughtertabs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

I have a fix, but it is not an ideal fix.  Although, it doesn't really matter until they fix the online portion of the game anyway.  Here is what you do:

1).  Close out of the game to the system menu/xmb.

2).  Disconnect your system from the network.

3).  Go to the game menu/Game Data Utility.  Find the GTA installed game data (not save data), and delete it.

4).  Stay offline and restart your disc.  Allow the game data to reinstall.  (If you are connected to the internet, the auto update will run, and make this fix null). 

5).  Once the game data is installed, allow the story mode to load.  If you have deleted the right game data, you will have story mode back, and will be able to play the rest of the missions and switch between characters.  The only drawback is, until they fix this, you will not be able to be connected online while playing. 

Also, you will need to redownload any dlc after you reinstall the game data.

This fix worked for me.  I could still bring up the readial, but I could only switch between Trevor and Franklin.  But, I did not have any more active missions to start.  I could do side quests, random events, etc.  But, the last five missions I had left couldn't be finished. I didn't want to have to start a new game just to be able to finish it, so I tried this first, and it worked. 

Hope that helps.

A.J.

DarraghR
  • DarraghR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Hi All,

My game is back! Like eddiewayne said, after a certain period the character just used the phone and suddenly it appears to be back.

I think I just mucked around for about 30-45mins, taxi driving, street races, and now it is back. Best advice would be to just keep milling around and it will come back :) I am glad I didn't have to step back 30% :-)

Brillant!!! All is in working order now, thanks.

I just left the game running and came back an hour later :)

Hiromishi
  • Hiromishi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

Well here's another thing that seemed to fix it (for me anyways) go to a Los Santos Customs garage with a car or something and exit. (you may or may not have to buy something i'm not sure)

i just figured i'd post this in case nothing else worked.

svendolph
  • svendolph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

This is not okay. I bought a Xbox 360 to avoid this. I go back to PC. No need for Xbox 360, Xbox One ore ever.

feldor
  • feldor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

Nothing here to. And worst of all is that it were working, even after the update and then out of nowhere I'm stuck with Michael... This really sucks. The only thing to do is wait, i think.

beanz86
  • beanz86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

I've had an official response from rockstar support they have sent me 5 possible solutions as they say its caused a corrupt save file. This is a response for ps3 only.

Thank you for contacting R* Support. We are sorry to hear you are having issues progressing in GTA V after downloading the Online update. I have spoke to a number of people who had the same problem as you and we were able to find a solution. After deleting the last save file before trying to access the online game fixed the issue, which indicates that a corrupt save file is the problem. I will send you the troubleshooting steps I sent them. We recommend completing them all, especially number 5 addressing corrupt save data:

Before troubleshooting, please check the following:
a. Turn the console off and on.
b. Unplug all power cords and accessories, and then plug them back in firmly. Make sure all connections are secure.
c. Update your console software.

1.) Clearing the Game Data Utility:
a. In the XMB home menu, go to (Game) > [Game Data Utility].
Important: Make sure you select [Game Data Utility]. Do NOT select [Saved Data Utility], as this will delete all of your saved games files.
b. Highlight the game data utility file (i.e., name of a particular game you have been playing) you wish to delete.
c. Press the button and select [Delete].
d. Highlight "Yes" and press the button to confirm the deletion.
e. A message indicating the file is being deleted will appear.
f. A "Delete completed." message will appear once the file has been successfully deleted.
g. Once all of the files have been deleted, go back to the XMB home menu.
h. Reboot the game. You should be prompted to reinstall.

**Please note, if the game freezes during installation, please check the following article:
http://support.rocks...V-installation-

2.) Ensure your PS3s firmware is up to date (settings > system update - on the main menu).

3.) Restore File System
If it is up to date then once again delete the game data.

Next follow the steps below:

a. Turn off Playstation®3.
b. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
c. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
d. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
e. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
f. The Recovery menu will pop up.
g. Select Restore File system
h. Repeat and Rebuild Database

4.) Disconnect your PS3 from the internet.
We have gotten reports that some players have been able to resolve their issues by disconnecting their console from the internet. It is possible that some freezes are related to some recent server outages that should be resolved shortly. If issues persist, disabling all internet connections on your console should prevent the game from attempting to access the servers. Obviously this is not ideal, but testing this should work at least for troubleshooting purposes, and should be resolved quickly.

5.) Clear save files.

Some crashes can be related to corrupted save data, especially crashes at a specific spot, or crashes on launch. The next step would be to isolate the save files, and see if launching without them remedies the issue. There are several ways of doing this:
a. Deleting all files in the Save Data Utility related to GTA V. Note: This method will result in permanent loss of data. If the game crashed the first time it launched, no valuable information is stored in here, so they may be deleted freely. If you already played the game for many hours, you may want to consider trying another method.
b. Backing up all Save Data Utility files on an external device before deleting all files as described above.
c. Possibly the simplest method, and one that also might isolate other potential issues would be to test the game from a brand new PSN ID/Profile. The save files for PS3 games are tied to a specific user. Launching from a new user should cause the game to pull from a brand new pool of files.

5.) Install the game to a new section of the Hard Drive.
Another possible troubleshooting step would be to attempt to install the game to a new section of the hard drive. Typically, when installing, and reinstalling games, the system will attempt to reinstall over the same block of space on the HDD. While there is no function to manually force the game to install on a different block of space, there is one possible workaround that might force the game to install on a new section.

Basically, what we are going to do is uninstall the game, clear the cache, and then install some unrelated data to the Hard Drive, which should get installed to the block of space where GTA V was previously installing.

Please try the following:

a. Uninstall the game from the Games and Apps folder. Delete everything related to GTA V that is not a save file.
b. Clear the system cache, as was described above.
c. Install about 7-8GB of unrelated content. If you have your console connected to the internet, the simplest thing here would be to download a bunch of demos from PSN. The content is unimportant, you never even have to play the demos, the point here is to just eat up some hard drive space, and when you reinstall GTA V, force the console to install the game to a section that was not previously used. If you do not have a a connection, installing 10-12 music CDs should use up enough space, although more might be needed. The idea here is to try to use up approximately the same amount of space as GTA V's install, which is about 8.5GB.
d. Reinstall GTA V, and see if conditions improve.
6.) Test the game on a second console, or new hard drive.

This last step is potentially the trickiest step, depending on alternate hardware availability, but probably the most important step for determining the cause of major issues on any console. That step would be to test the disc on a separate console. If you have a friend or family member with a PS3, we strongly recommend installing the game on their console, and see if issues persist.

If you continue to have issues, please let us know the following:

The model of your Playstation 3
The size of your hard drive,
How much free space is available
The contents of any error code, if applicable. If possible, please submit a screen shot of any error messages, or give the presice wording of the error.
Please also provide us with a detailed summary of which of the above steps you were able to try, and details on what effects they had. Additionally, if you were able to try it in another console and the same issue occurred, please provide the model/HD size, etc. of the second system you tested the game on.

We are having issues with GTAO, and you can stay apprised at the Rockstar Support site here:
http://support.rocks...Latest-Updates-

Eliterubberduck
  • Eliterubberduck

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

My singleplayer won't let me load saves anymore since I downloaded the multiplayer update. I have to quicksave or sleep in a bed, then have dashboard and reload the game to load now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users