» «
Photo

GTA Online Technical Issues

1,856 replies to this topic
barinho
  • barinho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:46 AM Edited by barinho, 10 October 2013 - 11:47 AM.

I have a really stupid bug with GTA online.I'm in a crew of 4 people and we can only play 3 at the same time in the same room.And it's always me and other friend that can´t play together.The other two can connect and play with each other and one of us without any problems.But me and him can´t be in the same room.If one of us is in a room the other can't join or the one who is already in the room ois kicked out.And the thing is that we can play other games together.We play Fifa everyday without any problems.What can it be?

budiu22
  • budiu22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

i can log on to xbox live normally. 

but the moment i load GTA:O i get automatically disconnected from xbox live.

this only happens with GTA:O and only after the update i just downloaded =[

anyone experiencing same problem?

Leemocyn
  • Leemocyn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

I keep ending up in sessions with no players at all ( except me) anyone know why?

got the same problem... i can't find any other players or even host a game with other players..

Got the same problem too almost everytime, EVEN when "Join with crews" (PS3). I just joined one of the biggest crews in game so there would always be as many players online as possible but still cant find populated game sessions.
I want to know is it common problem to other players too? Or should i
change my settings somehow

yeah good question.. i tried it about 100 times to join a session with other players.. no chance :/

drpeper1185
  • drpeper1185

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

Is. New update on 360

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Anyone on 360 having good luck with the new update 1.03?

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

I'm guessing with the lack of responses and no posts that things are going smootly. Atleast I hope.

Sammmm
  • Sammmm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

I'm guessing with the lack of responses and no posts that things are going smootly. Atleast I hope.

Define good luck. 

If you mean have we got our f*cking characters back yet? No, No we haven't. 5 days now that I haven't been able to play and everyone else is levelling up, making money etc. By the time I come back I won't stand a chance. 

StealthyDumbass
  • StealthyDumbass

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Define good luck. 

If you mean have we got our f*cking characters back yet? No, No we haven't. 5 days now that I haven't been able to play and everyone else is levelling up, making money etc. By the time I come back I won't stand a chance. 

Yeah,

got the update and was happy that I might get my guy back, only to be disappointed. At least a few more other guys have got it actually working :D My online game play works most of the time, but I just can't decide if it's easier to create a new character, or wait to see if there's more fixes to be done.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Seeing that things have been ironed out to the point that people are at least able to play now, I am going to unpin this thread.

Floydpink23
  • Floydpink23

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

Can't get on again on PS3. Time out error.

ogskeet
  • ogskeet

ZeeK

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

okay.. is it alright if i create a second character in slot 2? and wait too see if i get my main back.

or should i just wait and not create one and see what happeneds?

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

Not sure if you should wait or not. Its really a coinflip at this point maybe less.

cobainevermind
  • cobainevermind

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

Well GTA V definitely pushes the 360 to its limits. It just killed my console.

I was playing and the picture froze up, then flashed some bright green checkerboard design on my screen (with sound loop). I turned my console off, tried to turn it back on, red ring. I had never had any trouble with any other games. Now I have a $300 paperweight.

ogskeet
  • ogskeet

ZeeK

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

rockstar announced everyone will get 500k for there losses...OLD NEWS

BUT....ALL DELETED CHARACTERS ARE GONE FOR GOOD..

BlargMaster72
  • BlargMaster72

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

Is anyone else getting kicked out of free mode by other players? I get kicked almost every time i join my friends it is really annoying.does anyone know why i am getting kicked? is it because of my internet connection or am i getting kicked by other players?

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

Well GTA V definitely pushes the 360 to its limits. It just killed my console.

I was playing and the picture froze up, then flashed some bright green checkerboard design on my screen (with sound loop). I turned my console off, tried to turn it back on, red ring. I had never had any trouble with any other games. Now I have a $300 paperweight.

oh oh i got a fix for you. take it apart, and then put a cotton bud in the fan unit thingy (i dont have an xbox) and turn it on. my cousin swears by this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

i seem to be having xbox freeze issues since the last patch. happens once evey couple hours of gameplay. and then if i jump back in right away, the console freezes during the multiplayer loading like the server doesn't know what to do with me. if i reboot again then it's fine.

mascus
  • mascus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:26 AM

cloud servers down unavailable again. uk 9.26

iSaastad
  • iSaastad

Norwegian Rebels II

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

Problems with cloud, can´t join GTA Online.

Sarcasm83
  • Sarcasm83

5EXY Commissioner

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

Anyone have problems with disconnections?
Had this problem since day 1. I can play for 5-10min max, and it says everyone has left the server. 
But its me who is disconnecting. Only from GTA Online, everything else is working.

I have this exact problem, any time I go into any kind of a public lobby this happens. Before I have a chance to get to anybody on the map it says everybody has left and the place turns to a ghost town. Pretty sure its not being kicked as I have had it happen in games with friends. If anyone has any suggestions on what might be causing this or if it's just another issue with the game that needs to be sorted?

I get the same problems and often during races or even jobs. All of a sudden is get pop-ups saying that everyone else left and they all get messages saying that I left. Im chalking it up to the fact that there are still some bugs R* needs to iron out.

Same here.. And it's not helping that the game counts those as quitting the mission and takes you one step closer to being a bad sport :/

Sarcasm83
  • Sarcasm83

5EXY Commissioner

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:56 PM Edited by Sarcasm83, 13 October 2013 - 06:57 PM.

Oh and is anyone else getting really weird glitches on this newest patch? On ps3, digital copy. At least I've noticed that if I try to go online right when I'm starting the game (pressing x on the loading screen) it often fails to load gta online and times out or I get in just to get kicked by other players in the first few seconds.

THEN it starts loading the single player, although it still says "joining gta online" in the bottom right corner and then I appear on the map with my online character and it seems to be single player, except that there's no mission logos on the map whatsoever. Nothing but ammunation and paint and sprays.. Then it often crashes if I try to quit or doesn't do anything if I select "go" from the online section..

Therefor I need to first load up the single player and then go online once single player is loaded.. Then it works ok, with the exception of meeting very few people or being alone on the server.

(And opened up DMZ from my router for the ps3 like someone adviced, but still can't really find people and get kicked immediately upon joining any full servers I come by)

ace514
  • ace514

Thug Mansion

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:46 PM Edited by ace514, 13 October 2013 - 10:47 PM.

Can someone help me. I can't join anygame session online, I keep getting timed out loading session message

StevenHTX
  • StevenHTX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

Anyone on 360 having good luck with the new update 1.03?

Hell no not me

I can play Free Mode, but anytime I try to joint a mission, deathmatch, race, or any job, I get a "Timed Out, Return to Grand theft auto V and try again"

Its annoying as hell

Kraegos
  • Kraegos

GTA player since 1997

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:05 AM

GTA-O on PS3 is rather unstable for me atm.
Which is strange, was working fine over the weekend.

I'm timing out, getting frozen loading screens and when I do actually get into a game, I'm often on my own, or have a slow movement glitch on my car.

Sarcasm83
  • Sarcasm83

5EXY Commissioner

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:08 AM

GTA-O on PS3 is rather unstable for me atm.
Which is strange, was working fine over the weekend.
I'm timing out, getting frozen loading screens and when I do actually get into a game, I'm often on my own, or have a slow movement glitch on my car.

Same here, except that it was like that for the weekend aswell.

Getting kinda bored of GTA Online because of this.. I rarely get a glimpse of how it could be, but then I get kicked, timed out or a glitch and back to waiting for a session to load and ending up on the server alone. Such a moodkiller :/ never really being able to enjoy the game with the constant disconnections or problems.

(Yesterday even during a mission everyone else "left" after a huge lag, leaving me to complete the mission alone..

I guess I have to look into my router settings... And try to setup everything like this suggests.
http://support.rocks...ne-connectivity

Sarcasm83
  • Sarcasm83

5EXY Commissioner

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:31 AM Edited by Sarcasm83, 21 October 2013 - 11:32 AM.

So am I the only one still having gamebreaking problems with GTA online?

I'm almost always alone on the servers and if I come by a full session, I either get kicked for no reason or see everyone leave etc?

This is such bullsh*t.. I really hope I'd actually get to play normally some day.

Just joined online, was alone.. Trying to find a other session, timed out.. Get in a server with people, immediately kicked....

This is getting so f*cking annoying.

chrischris7
  • chrischris7

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

There is still a big issues affecting an amount of players. When we are joining a job (deathmatch,race,etc) and a players still shown as "joining" while is going to launch, we get times out. Most of the times someone is still stuck as "joining" to our eyes while jobs are launching causing jobs a bit unplayable. Anyone got more info about this problem?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users