Photo

GTA Online Technical Issues

1,856 replies to this topic
Aurora93
  • Aurora93

Console/PC Player

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:00 AM

Last time i have played GTA Online i was level 17 and had property with a garage containing a couple of vehicles.

I had not played for around 2 days, and when i decided to do so again today, i was welcomed being level 3, without any property and my weapons gone. So as you can imagine this is highly frustrating. If you have anything that can be of assistance, please let me know.

Thanks for reading.

Taken from my post since i should have written it here i suppose...
  • mcoles19 likes this

D-man__the_great
  • D-man__the_great

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

Online since 5. Got in using "invite only session" "retry" . My lower right corner shows me the saving circle icon. Still at rank 38. 5 minutes ago i tried unsuccessfully to join a friends mission and was put back in a session with people. Ran home to my 217,000 apt. Because my 9000 bounty.. watched tv , got on this forum , started typing, now im back in a session alone

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

I'm going to say it again on here to hopefully save some people from grief...It is just a suggestion to wait for your character to return because it might (hopefully) actually return with all the stats when GTA online starts to run smoother. I'm waiting for mine to return when R* get something sorted. The reason im waiting is because i got confirmation off a guy in my crew that his character got deleted but eventually returned...he also urged me NOT to create a new character as this action will erase your character that is MIA.

It sucks at the moment but its going to suck even more to start a new character in the slot where your "MIA" character MAY return, especially as some of you are at rank\level 50+...im only at rank 14 and the thoughts of starting over make me want to cry haha.

I cant guarantee that the characters and stats etc will definitely come back for obvious reasons but f*ck it, it doesn't even look like its worth while going online yet anyway until all this bullsh*t is sorted out. So im going to wait and HOPE that I never have to go through that bullsh*t of picking grand parents and sh*t ever again (who's f*cking idea was that!?!)

Jew Rosenberg
  • Jew Rosenberg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

one character deleted is enough for me, i wonder if and when we will know for sure our players wont be deleted.

ive been patient and wasnt able to get on forever but this is just pathetic, this is why i dont play online gaming, its bush league.

Orin
  • Orin

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

lost my level 10 again... it said clouds service was down. so i waited about 30 min, then tried again, still wasn't available, so i refreshed, and he looked available, so i clicked on him, and it went to the character creation. I sadfaced.

Sammmm
  • Sammmm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

One huge issue I noticed is that the players spawn way to CLOSE to where they died/ next to other players.

Easy way to fix this is to set the spawns like in singleplayer, and have the player respawn at the nearest hospital!

Boom problem solved, and its more realistic to respawn at the hospital.

This is something that is supper important!

Also getting rid of the "spawn faster" crap is good to. Every should have to wait 5-10 seconds before jumping back into the game. 

You need to think before you post. 

That would make the online experience even worse, players would just camp the Hospitals and murder anyone who spawns there, it would be horrible.

• Mart1001 likes this

Orin
  • Orin

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:22 AM

and now both my characters, and all my money aren't showing.

OverMind
  • OverMind

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

I got kicked before i got off the plane.
(1st character/time online)

Drummin
  • Drummin

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:38 AM

I was reset from rank 31 to rank 1 earlier today. I'm really trying hard to start everything over, but I just can't do it. Fix my sh*t rockstargames or send me a redeem code for the million bucks I lost. Thanks.

ThePie69
  • ThePie69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:15 AM

One huge issue I noticed is that the players spawn way to CLOSE to where they died/ next to other players.

Easy way to fix this is to set the spawns like in singleplayer, and have the player respawn at the nearest hospital!

Boom problem solved, and its more realistic to respawn at the hospital.

This is something that is supper important!

Also getting rid of the "spawn faster" crap is good to. Every should have to wait 5-10 seconds before jumping back into the game. 

You need to think before you post. 

That would make the online experience even worse, players would just camp the Hospitals and murder anyone who spawns there, it would be horrible.

Obviously you need to think before you re-post.

That would make the online experience better for two easy reasons plus more.

First off people spawn right in front of you after you kill them just like the cops due, in turn, you get killed instantly.

Second, when you spawn you have around 5 seconds of  immunity before you can take damage, but you are allowed to deal damage during this time. Also the hospitals have multiple floors. Take the one in Los Santos for example. There's a huge area and multiple floors for players to spawn on. If you worried about people spawn camping it wouldn't be that easy to figure out what side of the block or what level they would spawn on.

Another example would be dying out in the desert and now you have 5 minutes of walking to even get back to where theres a car nearby. 

"IF" they were to spawn camp at the area. It would be better than spawning right next to the person that just killed you. 

Dostoe1
  • Dostoe1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:29 AM

So I remade another character in another slot. After two hours of playing, kicked me off servers and its no longer there. I'm positive cloud was working at the time as it never gave me a message and I saw the icon in the bottom corner when saving.

Losing my patience at this point.

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

I quit to GTAV everytime and I have yet to lose a character or lvl. I bet it's because of that.

bhoy59
  • bhoy59

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:37 AM

Its getting stupid now. I swear that update messed me up and deleted me and my mates characters.

Strix aluco
  • Strix aluco

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:09 AM

I quit to GTAV everytime and I have yet to lose a character or lvl. I bet it's because of that.

It's not. I also quit to GTA V every time, and I still lost my character. A lot of players have experienced this. 

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:18 AM

Idk, it seems odd.

It's not. I also quit to GTA V every time, and I still lost my character. A lot of players have experienced this. 

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:20 AM

It's not. I have lost characters while both quitting to GTAV through both the pause menu and the character wheel. The manner in which you exit the online game doesn't make a difference. I have lost 3 characters, and all 3 times it was from a different manner of exiting the game.

dookqc
  • dookqc

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

they need to stop playing whit the cloud switch

switch_animation.gif

• Detained likes this

Kush_Chemist
  • Kush_Chemist

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:39 AM

I'm going to have to find and kill some R* employees if I don't get my sh*t back.  I noticed the cloud servers go down about the same time everyday (8am pacific) and usually I go to bed by that time... everything is usually up and working by 8pm pacific, but today I tried to come back and play and the cloud is STILL down?  for 12 hours!?

What really makes me worried is the fact that the rockstar social page no longers shows my actual stats... but instead a lvl 0 character with 0 hours played.

engx.png

ony1.png

BlargMaster72
  • BlargMaster72

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

I think I found a new problem I don't know if anyone else has had this problem yet. When ever I join a session I says it times out and that it's sending me to single player but when I get there i'm playing as my online character then i't zooms out and says joining gta online and then it does nothing.

If anyone knows a way to fix this that would be awesome.

CRAZYxKILLAx666
  • CRAZYxKILLAx666

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

Sign the petition , hold them accountable ...

https://www.change.o...ters-to-be-fair

ogskeet
  • ogskeet

ZeeK

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

i lost my char earlier today didnt create a new one or ne thing just turned my xbox off came back later and he was there

Cryki
  • Cryki

The Realist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

Last time I played (Saturday Afternoon), I had my character still, I haven't played it since then, and I am not going to judging by all those problems. When I view my stats on R* social my character still shows with my correct money and rank. So for now I am going to wait and be patient. Most of you in here should do the same otherwise it will only end in tears.

R* support page could be more detailed though, like an estimated time on completing this fault, or even just explain what the fault actually is. Is it link to the server fault or a glitch in their system etc.

Phenex
  • Phenex

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

well can player's actually kick people off the server cause every time i get on 3mins later i get kicked by other players wtf i did nowt wrong all i was doing is robbing a store so if that a kick-able offence then this game should be called GTP (Go Take-a P*ss)

ranghe
  • ranghe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

it offline line atm??

esck
  • esck

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

It's not. I also had that MOD, to force the Cloud Save, right?

Well, yesterday, around noon, finished a game session, quitted back to Story Mode, cloud saved ok. Closed the game, went to SocialClub to browse the achievements, noticed my Online character was "Disabled", and in a little while, when it refreshed, bam.. Chacracter gone.

Hoped it was just a SocialClub fluke.. So I went online, on the load screen, "A" straight to Online and there we go... Straight to the Character Creation screen.

This fkng sucks and it was only a level 10 character with no real investment apart from a single car. I can't imagine what people are going through with their 30+ level characters.

EateroBabies
  • EateroBabies

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

I've lost 4 characters already because of this, but I will be pissed if I have to redo this again because R* reset my character, sucks for the people who can't get on, but why make everyone else suffer because of it? Maybe give those who have had this much issue some rp boost for a while to help them catch up, but to reset everyone is just asking to piss off everyone who has been lucky.

Galbadia
  • Galbadia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

I can't seem to reach my character still since yesterday in the afternoon, also my socialclub online stats has been "reset" the only thing of that remains in the money in the bank.
I'm starting to loose intererst in playing GTA online if this keep up, Rockstar's support isn't comforting their consumers at all, the only thing they do is send out links with not so useful information, i'll probably play once everything is sorted. NO BETA = These kind of problems NUFF said.

Universal-Shot
  • Universal-Shot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

lost my level 10 again... it said clouds service was down. so i waited about 30 min, then tried again, still wasn't available, so i refreshed, and he looked available, so i clicked on him, and it went to the character creation. I sadfaced.

Same happened to me, character was there. Chose him and it went to make new character, I turned it off within 5 seconds but it still wiped my social. 

Wanji
  • Wanji

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

I can't seem to reach my character still since yesterday in the afternoon, also my socialclub online stats has been "reset" the only thing of that remains in the money in the bank.
I'm starting to loose intererst in playing GTA online if this keep up, Rockstar's support isn't comforting their consumers at all, the only thing they do is send out links with not so useful information, i'll probably play once everything is sorted. NO BETA = These kind of problems NUFF said.

Have the same problem. It's so annoying. 

AndreasEr
  • AndreasEr

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

What was the R* mail adress you could use to attempt to get back your lost char manualy?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users