Photo

GTA Online Technical Issues

1,856 replies to this topic
mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

Just realized that "Passive Mode" isn't really a Passive Mode, players can still kill you, you just can't kill them.

You can still be run over by a vehicle if you are standing on the street or sidewalk. But you can't be shot by a gun while standing outside your vehicle.

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

OK, so I think I have figured out what is going on.  I have read through many of the posts on this site, most very intelligent, some not so much.  I have also read through other sites, some of which are not related to GTAV but do contain a lot of helpful information.  Based on the information from people who are actually using the game and based on some sporadic statements from R* I think is is becoming crystal clear what they are doing.  They are waiting for us to create a character, play with that character and build up his stats.  Then they "delete" the character.  But guess what, they are not actually deleting them.  They are keeping them and then in a week or two are going to attempt to sell them back to us at an outrageous price.   

Think about it, in the months leading up to the game all they ever talked about was that the online was "free".  But how are they going to pay for it if they don't charge us?  They sell us our own creations because they know we will buy them.  

I personally spent 2 hours creating one of my characters, they know that I'd be willing to pay a hefty fee to get that man back.  I miss him and I just want him back.

This is the only explanation that makes any sort of sense whatsoever. 

I doubt that Rockstar would be stupid enough to jeopardize some revenue by making us pay for a character. They will lose a large portion of the people who are trying to get on if they do that.

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:06 PM Edited by AdmiralAmmunation, 06 October 2013 - 11:07 PM.

The PS servers seem to be the same as I posted earlier. I wish I had this game on XBox so I can test it on my 360, but I don't wanna pay $60+ for the same game on a different console.

Can anyone get into a session with others or play a job/mission?

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

Stupid question but how are the servers today :D

Don't beat me to death, it's just a question!

Purple-_-Taffy
  • Purple-_-Taffy

Five Star

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

Everything was going fine but now my characters keep missing. My money is still in the bank but my characters are gone. I thought the patched would of fixed this!

Sammmm
  • Sammmm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

Down for me atm. been like this for the past 30-40 mins and i haven't been able to do a mission for the last 1h30.

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

They were up earlier today. But seem to be done now.

My progress had stopped saving and I haven't seen the small yellow spinning circle in the lower right which symbolizes the game is saving to the cloud. It's been a couple hours since my game has saved.

Grubes67
  • Grubes67

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

OK, so I think I have figured out what is going on.  I have read through many of the posts on this site, most very intelligent, some not so much.  I have also read through other sites, some of which are not related to GTAV but do contain a lot of helpful information.  Based on the information from people who are actually using the game and based on some sporadic statements from R* I think is is becoming crystal clear what they are doing.  They are waiting for us to create a character, play with that character and build up his stats.  Then they "delete" the character.  But guess what, they are not actually deleting them.  They are keeping them and then in a week or two are going to attempt to sell them back to us at an outrageous price.   

Think about it, in the months leading up to the game all they ever talked about was that the online was "free".  But how are they going to pay for it if they don't charge us?  They sell us our own creations because they know we will buy them.  

I personally spent 2 hours creating one of my characters, they know that I'd be willing to pay a hefty fee to get that man back.  I miss him and I just want him back.

I doubt that Rockstar would be stupid enough to jeopardize some revenue by making us pay for a character. They will lose a large portion of the people who are trying to get on if they do that.

They aren't going to charge us for just any character.  They are going to charge us for the ones that many people spent hours creating and even way more time building up their stats.  If you had a character that you spent over 2 hours just creating and then close to an hour building up his stats, driving him around, building up his bank account, wouldn't you be willing to pay money to get him back?  I know I would.  

By essentially holding our players hostage, R* forces us to create more and more characters.  It makes perfect sense if you think about it from my point of view. 

MrMonkish
  • MrMonkish

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

They aren't going to charge us for just any character.  They are going to charge us for the ones that many people spent hours creating and even way more time building up their stats.  If you had a character that you spent over 2 hours just creating and then close to an hour building up his stats, driving him around, building up his bank account, wouldn't you be willing to pay money to get him back?  I know I would.  

By essentially holding our players hostage, R* forces us to create more and more characters.  It makes perfect sense if you think about it from my point of view. 

yeah.....no.

Ohhmikey
  • Ohhmikey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:41 PM Edited by Ohhmikey, 06 October 2013 - 11:42 PM.

Anyone else log on and their character was deleted? Was level 19 and have been playing since opening day. Now character hasnt shown up since yesterday morning. Too irritating

whatever232
  • whatever232

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

So hi Im new, sorry for my english btw. Can you guys give an advice? I still haven't played gta online because Im scared lol, there are many issues with it and I don't really want to waste my time... should I just wait until all problems are solved? Or the ones having problems are the minority? reading the comments here I think everyone is having issues with gta online. I also read that some are having problems with the singleplayer, and since I already finished the story that makes me more scared too lol. Maybe I should just wait, right?

digs795
  • digs795

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

How are they going to pay for it if they don't charge us? They made 1 billion dollars in 3 days, that seems like more than enough to give back to their customers a online game that f*cking works.

Purple-_-Taffy
  • Purple-_-Taffy

Five Star

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

So hi Im new, sorry for my english btw. Can you guys give an advice? I still haven't played gta online because Im scared lol, there are many issues with it and I don't really want to waste my time... should I just wait until all problems are solved? Or the ones having problems are the minority? reading the comments here I think everyone is having issues with gta online. I also read that some are having problems with the singleplayer, and since I already finished the story that makes me more scared too lol. Maybe I should just wait, right?

Well, a lot of it is fixed now but, I suggest you wait if you don't feel like making a new character every day and having all your hard work wasted. Everyones characters including mine keep being deleted. 

Mart1001
  • Mart1001

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

Then they "delete" the character.  But guess what, they are not actually deleting them.  They are keeping them and then in a week or two are going to attempt to sell them back to us at an outrageous price.   

Lol, do you realise that those characters are generated basically by numbers ?

ie:-grandparent 1=4, grandparent 2=7 and so on. R* could use a piece of software to generate probably a million random characters per second if they felt inclinded. Please keep a clear mind :)

I do empathise with you reguarding your missing man(character) though, we do strangly grow attached to our creations and R* should appreciate this as they continue to work morning noon and night to get this fixed which I'm sure they will be doing.....erm, I hope.

Mart.

CheckMyBrain
  • CheckMyBrain

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

Xbox360.  I have been playing all day, no issues joining missions or any jobs.  Cloud is saving my character, my old one is gone.  2 out of the 4 people I played with last night have lost their characters.  The other 2 are still playing with their characters they have had from the beginning with no issues.  It sounds like the issues are really random.  Doesn't make sense why 2 of us lost our characters and the other 2 didn't.

Goonerguy
  • Goonerguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

I've had 2 players deleted so far one ranked 20 and the other 17. My new character is rank 15, I just wish I had known not to create another character when the servers are down I would of been like level 40 by now!
+ you lose $ every time you die which is stupid but I've heard this is a bug in the game and is due to be fixed.

R*'s credibility and popularity have taken a big knock after this epic failure of launching gta online, it's pathetic the vast majority of people still haven't even played online yet. Smh

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

Anyone else log on and their character was deleted? Was level 19 and have been playing since opening day. Now character hasnt shown up since yesterday morning. Too irritating

Yes. Many of us. And some of us have had multiple characters deleted.

Goonerguy
  • Goonerguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

[quote name="Universal-Shot" post="1063628257" timestamp="1381092421"][quote name="Big_Mitch_Baker" post="1063628085" timestamp="1381091848"]
Lvl 24 character got deleted, still has a standing in my socialclub crew with 99k rp but in my personal record I have no RP/Cash/Time played.
Does this mean my character still exists? I can connect to the server to play alright, so if I make a character in slot 2 will my character still be able to come back to slot 1? (Or will saving a character to slot 2 while slot 1 is empty overwrite my old data entirely, assuming anybody knows)
[/quote]

Seems your in a slightly worse situation than Ive just put myself in. If I had your problem Id expect it to be gone but wouldnt touch anything. 

On your Social at your online characters portrait in line with M F & T, Does it show a picture, rank and cash? I have what I figure is total stats on Social but not individual character. I really hope my 46 race wins and 8 losses dont get lost.

My characters for deleted but I kept my race stats, so you should be alright

ThePie69
  • ThePie69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

One huge issue I noticed is that the players spawn way to CLOSE to where they died/ next to other players.

Easy way to fix this is to set the spawns like in singleplayer, and have the player respawn at the nearest hospital!

Boom problem solved, and its more realistic to respawn at the hospital.

This is something that is supper important!

Also getting rid of the "spawn faster" crap is good to. Every should have to wait 5-10 seconds before jumping back into the game. 

Ultimate Tang
  • Ultimate Tang

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

My brother seems to still be stuck at the first race ever since day 1. He gets up to the searching for other players part, and then it doesn't advance past that part. Any tips for me to tell him? I feel bad that he can't play and is getting left behind in all the fun. He's playing on xbox by the way.

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

^^It's made that way so you are close to your friends when you respawn, as if you were in the wilderness, you'd have to travel a lot to get to them. Too much realism=not enough fun, it's still a video game, not a simulator.

BostonBeatdown4
  • BostonBeatdown4

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

can go online, but anytime I want to do a job or mission I cant "download"

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

Just realized that "Passive Mode" isn't really a Passive Mode, players can still kill you, you just can't kill them.

Passive mode only works walking around, if you're in a car its disabled because you can run people over in a car. When you get out of the car passive mode is enabled again...

Unless you're talking about a glitch...people have been able to run around under water, so...

Sarcasm83
  • Sarcasm83

C420 Commissioner

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:39 AM

Still totally f*cked on ps3.. Yesterday I didn't get to play at all because I was waiting for my character to show up. It didn't.

Then today the cloud servers aren't available for half the day.. then it eventually lets me to the character creation screen;
No main character to be seen so I made another one to slot 2 to have fun with something that's a "spare character"..

"Kicked by other players" in the first race when it's not even possible to kick anyone. When I get back in and do the tutorial, the server is empty the whole time, even though it wasn't solo session. I get to play up until the first team deathmatch, then connection timed out... Try back in and whole console froze on "joining gta online"... Jesus christ.... I'm done. Gonna play when/IF they ever get it working. P.O.S multiplayer, what can you do. I wonder how many weeks it'll take. Can't wait to actually start enjoying some MP action as this weeks efforts have been anything but fun.

whatever232
  • whatever232

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:41 AM Edited by whatever232, 07 October 2013 - 12:41 AM.

Well, a lot of it is fixed now but, I suggest you wait if you don't feel like making a new character every day and having all your hard work wasted. Everyones characters including mine keep being deleted. 

ugh what a shame, I really want to play. Thanks.

Freeze2244
  • Freeze2244

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

My characters still gone :(

RockThatClock
  • RockThatClock

Player Hater

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:44 AM

What the. I was about to reach level 50, then my game crashed and the character got deleted...

This sucks, bigtime..

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:44 AM

Is it tinfoil hat time?  Your point of view must be drug or paranoia induced.

NickatNite89
  • NickatNite89

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:45 AM Edited by NickatNite89, 07 October 2013 - 12:51 AM.

PS3 - I have friends you have been playing Online throughout the day without any issues.

Reason why I'm not on, is because I want my character. Don't wanna make a new, and sure as hell not a temp.

My character shows up on Social Club, but not in-game.

RazorRamon709
  • RazorRamon709

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

I have the settings on so that friends+crew can enter my car but they still can't and it shows up "you don't have access to this car" annoying for robberies and stuff like that

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users