» «
Photo

GTA Online Technical Issues

1,856 replies to this topic
Grubes67
  • Grubes67

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:54 PM Edited by Grubes67, 06 October 2013 - 08:55 PM.

So I just spoke to this guy that I know again that is some sort of computer technician or something.  I asked him if he knows anything about the R* clouds and servers and why my internet is working for some things but not others and he said that if the servers go out then I probably can't play the game.  I don't really understand all this technical stuff but it seems like this is something that should have been fixed by now.

Part of me thinks that they are doing this on purpose so they can take the characters that we created and use them for other things, like other games and stuff.  

i hope that people find this information helpful!

ogskeet
  • ogskeet

ZeeK

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

just lost my lvl 31 character.. has anyone lost there characters and gotten them back?

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost LS Chapter

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:58 PM Edited by AdmiralAmmunation, 06 October 2013 - 08:59 PM.

^^Are you suggesting R* is making us do their dirty work for us by sneekily making tons of races and animations?

Boy they sure got off easy by spending months on content, only to have us make a shady-looking character in 5 minutes. (Joking of course, no offense but that seems a bit far out)

CheckMyBrain
  • CheckMyBrain

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

I am online and the servers are working but my character is still gone,  I am still in my crew and my banked money is still there.  I started a new one in slot 2.  If my character is gone I might as well get started on another one.  I guess I am alright with whatever happens.  

KubilayLP
  • KubilayLP

Youtuber

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

I'm just trying to play GTA:O but it doesn't work. Every time I try to get into the game there is a timeout fault. I can't get on the server.

bango31
  • bango31

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

So...my character was deleted? When I try to switch to Online while in-game, it says both slots are empty and Level 1, yet my Bank still has $158k in it...

sketi
  • sketi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

Global RP 271,874
Time spent in GTA Online 1d 8h 6m 17s
Overall income$260,471
Overall expenses$205,566

GTA Online
RANK
0%
CASH
$0

All copied from my career on social.

Mog_3825
  • Mog_3825

TacoVan Crew Leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

So I just spoke to this guy that I know again that is some sort of computer technician or something.  I asked him if he knows anything about the R* clouds and servers and why my internet is working for some things but not others and he said that if the servers go out then I probably can't play the game.  I don't really understand all this technical stuff but it seems like this is something that should have been fixed by now.

Part of me thinks that they are doing this on purpose so they can take the characters that we created and use them for other things, like other games and stuff.  

Are you f*cking brain-dead serious???

bango31
  • bango31

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

Yea, Social Club says I have zero stats across the board BUT I have $158k in the bank. So...what?

sketi
  • sketi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

http://www.psu.com/a...en)-multiplayer

For those of you defending rockstar.. Maybe this could change your perspective^

Grubes67
  • Grubes67

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

Are you f*cking brain-dead serious???

You have to admit that this is a possibility.  I mean I spent half an hour creating my first character and almost 2 hours on my second.  Both have mysteriously disappeared and I'm worried I may never see them again.  I deserve to know what happened to them and where they are.  I wouldn't really be that surprised if we see some of our characters that have gone missing in GTA6 or something like that.

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost LS Chapter

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:30 PM Edited by AdmiralAmmunation, 06 October 2013 - 09:33 PM.

^That would be SUCH A COOL EASTER EGG like it reads that your social club is connected and it shows your characters robbing a bank that would be awesome.

Anyway:

^^That basically restates what we know, the patch didn't fix any online issues but it did patch Story mode issues.

A1-WaSHoUt-1
  • A1-WaSHoUt-1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

Had my character deleted twice today, luckily they were not high lvl like some of you were.

Only upside is i set a world record for the tutorial race, but im hoping this is fixed a.s.a.p, as its happening to often. 

D-man__the_great
  • D-man__the_great

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

I'm just trying to play GTA:O but it doesn't work. Every time I try to get into the game there is a timeout fault. I can't get on the server.

Me too, my homies online but i dont think the progress is being saved. I have the option to continue without saving.

initium
  • initium

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

People still characters are erased?

Man, their loss...

D-man__the_great
  • D-man__the_great

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

My ps3 says the cloud is down

StoneyDug
  • StoneyDug

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

Cloud down on xbox as well but can play online with every mode but with a temp char that won't save. It's a good time to train and learn those races :)

initium
  • initium

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

I can go online right now, rob stores, and all that stuff, but no missions, races, or anything like that is available!
It's all gone!

CheckMyBrain
  • CheckMyBrain

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

Cloud down on xbox as well but can play online with every mode but with a temp char that won't save. It's a good time to train and learn those races :)

It is working for me and saving my new character.

Mart1001
  • Mart1001

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:56 PM Edited by Mart1001, 06 October 2013 - 10:15 PM.

ruiner.jpg

Missing/Stolen

Imponte Ruiner as above but in matt black with bright green trim, bright green alloy wheels and other modified trim(many thousands of $'s spent on this project). Stolen from Grand Senora garage(near to Route 68) along with Dominator of same livery, also stolen from same garage.

Last seen driven in Maze Bank/Davis ave area. Suspicious character seen in area at time of theft wearing R* polo shirt and muttering nonsense about cloudless serving ?

Owner is heartbroken.....any information as to where abouts, please see Mart1001.

I can offer a reward of one PfisterComet in bright pink for any information leading to the recovery of this vehicle.

cerberusxxxx
  • cerberusxxxx

★★☆ cerberus™☆★★

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

servers down, and hacks for online just appeared, coincidence? my guess servers r down while they prepare another update.  and i think if ur players gone (because servers down) u only lose it if u make a new player as it saves so when cloud comes back on it'll overwite.

as long as theres cfw someone will cheat. :lol:

initium
  • initium

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

Is anyone having the same problem?

I can't seen any races or missions on the map, and I can't join them either 

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

Just realized that "Passive Mode" isn't really a Passive Mode, players can still kill you, you just can't kill them.

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost LS Chapter

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

So basically, this is the situation right now:
*At a random chance, you may reach the server and get your character to come back from MIA

*You may be able to reach online, whether it be your old, new, or temp character, but probably not.

*If you do get online, you can't play any missions/jobs, only solo free roam (which can be done funner in story mode.)

*It is not recommended you play at this time as your progress will not be saved and you'll waste your time.

That's the current status summed up for now....

Kraegos
  • Kraegos

GTA player since 1997

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

Things have improved for me.

I can connect to GTA Online 9 times out of 10.
The cloud is saving my character now.

However, I can't do any mission/job, they all auto-fail 1 second after they start or fail to download in the 1st place.

I'm stuck with just robbing stores and avoiding griefers.

digs795
  • digs795

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

R* really f*cked up, they used to be a credible company. They knew how big this release was they have no excuse for this fail of a release.

sketi
  • sketi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

I think the infrastructure of gta online is failed and there's going to keep being persistent problems since there was no beta. We are basically testing the online. They knew there was going to be some problems but I feel that they were unaware that the online would be completely broken and this isn't the end of the problems with the next patch. Maybe the game will be fixed in a week but I wouldn't doubt further complications.

STAGGERoLEE
  • STAGGERoLEE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

Lost my avatar at level 21, servers down, took a brake, came back and... GONE!
It is great when it works but having the results of several hours of gameplay erased and going trough the bloody first race again is... (Fill in at your own descretion rockstar).

STAGGERoLEE
  • STAGGERoLEE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

R* should create the means to backup your progress on the xbox harddrive or is that too complicated? I mean why lose it? Imagine this happens with purchased cash cards, houses, 1.000.000 $ cars at level 90 etc.

Grubes67
  • Grubes67

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

OK, so I think I have figured out what is going on.  I have read through many of the posts on this site, most very intelligent, some not so much.  I have also read through other sites, some of which are not related to GTAV but do contain a lot of helpful information.  Based on the information from people who are actually using the game and based on some sporadic statements from R* I think is is becoming crystal clear what they are doing.  They are waiting for us to create a character, play with that character and build up his stats.  Then they "delete" the character.  But guess what, they are not actually deleting them.  They are keeping them and then in a week or two are going to attempt to sell them back to us at an outrageous price.   

Think about it, in the months leading up to the game all they ever talked about was that the online was "free".  But how are they going to pay for it if they don't charge us?  They sell us our own creations because they know we will buy them.  

I personally spent 2 hours creating one of my characters, they know that I'd be willing to pay a hefty fee to get that man back.  I miss him and I just want him back.

This is the only explanation that makes any sort of sense whatsoever. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users