GTA Online Technical Issues

1,856 replies to this topic
Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

Some people just need a real life, then they wouldn't be freaking out so much :)

Very true dat. :^:

Stripes1981
  • Stripes1981

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:22 PM Edited by Stripes1981, 01 October 2013 - 10:22 PM.

Anyone else getting server timed out?

LeDunk6
  • LeDunk6

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

Everything is working for me right now. When I was stuck on that first race, I left it on there and it eventually started. Took like 20 mins but idk i was online on the forums as it was searching.

lukeyk22
  • lukeyk22

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

So ps3 is fkd then
WHEN WILL IT BE FIXED FFS

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

So ps3 is fkd then
WHEN WILL IT BE FIXED FFS

Well kind of...it kept kicking me out when I was designing my hideous character.  Eventually I was able to complete the opening and get the trophy for that but then before I started the race it messed up and corrupted my data...so back to the drawing board. lol.

blood_hound
  • blood_hound

//famfran//

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

I do hope to see that "rockstar acquired more servers!" after I  finish my work :(

kgould01
  • kgould01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

about 2 hours ago i couldnt start the tutorial. it just says loading finding players. it was like this for like 5 minutes. i tried it for like an hour and gave up. i will try later on when the servers are better.

My old cookie
  • My old cookie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

Okay so im on xbox and whenever i try it lets me in but then i spend 1 hour waiting to do a race and dont get in one

TheBusterMan
  • TheBusterMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

Rockstar said they are adding and buying more servers to cope.Why didn't they do this before hand?

GTAV119
  • GTAV119

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

There are issues with GTA Online being accessible due to the high volume and demand on the servers. Please just be patient until things get resolved.

In the meantime feel free to discuss any workarounds to get GTA Online working.

TheBusterMan
  • TheBusterMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

Man,the characters you can create are really ugly and creepy looking.like myself...

• austintrain likes this

The_Epsilonist
  • The_Epsilonist

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:42 PM Edited by The_Epsilonist, 01 October 2013 - 10:42 PM.

Rockstar said they are adding and buying more servers to cope.Why didn't they do this before hand?

They had more pressing issues to deal with like scouring Dafont for new text styles for the amazing LS customs update

sirius89
  • sirius89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:46 PM Edited by sirius89, 01 October 2013 - 10:46 PM.

Oh boy,really?Would you buy tons and tons of servers (you know how much money they cost?) without even knowing if you would need that much?They knew that many people would buy the game but that many?They made 1 billion dollar in 3 days.They knew it would sell well but that well?No,no one can forsee that.

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

^They had years of actually making the game, 2 extra weeks and now well over 12 hours to get this working.

ExUUUuuuUUse me if I'm angry the thing I paid for doesn't work.

I get that they are working hard lots of sales blah blah blah but they advertised online to be available October 1st and i paid for it so I have a right to be angry.

Not to mention they knew the sales 2 weeks beforehand so if they think they can buy more servers within hours now why couldn't they do it 4 days after it came out being they knew the sales numbers? They had to wait till now?

Again I get you can't anticipate that but they had ample time to set up more and I expect my advertised product to work.

Don't say if I pay $150 then I can play as Niko's son on October 1st 2013 and have that not be the case.

• Ultravox likes this

HamMasterFlex
  • HamMasterFlex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

If they buy too many servers then they've wasted money.

sirius89
  • sirius89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

No you have no right to complain.I bet Rockstar would be happy if it would work now but it doesn't.They probably do everything they can to make it finally work.They had two weeks to order additional servers.I don't know and you don't know how long it takes till the servers are at their server farm and how long it takes to get them ready.It's not that they didn't try.They probably work crazy graveyard shifts to get this stable.

They said it launches october 1 (and it did) they didn't say everything will be 100% stable.They even warned us that there WILL be problems and so on.And if you are so naive that you think a online launch this big goes without any problems then i'm sorry for you.

ChickenStu
  • ChickenStu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

I got in, walked to the car, then my avatar stood there doing nothing. So I reloaded the game and now a "play online" option doesn't even come up. I mean, wtf?

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:11 PM Edited by AdmiralAmmunation, 01 October 2013 - 11:12 PM.

^^I know it wouldn't be without problems.

I understand if they game looked crappy or there was glitches  but I mean come on they had so long to prep for this.

They knew it was going to sell huge, they obviously haven't prepared for even predicted numbers.

I still think, under any circumstances, if my advertised product does not work, then I have a right to complain.

I get it if it was up and gltichy, but it's not even up yet. I mean, come on...

DarkWarrior454
  • DarkWarrior454

The Ghost Rider

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

Xbox 360.

Whenever i try to do the Deathmatch mission I keep disconnecting even though there is a full server.

M0nsterSkillz
  • M0nsterSkillz

Gaming since 92

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

Constant timed out, takes the piss to be honest. Couldn't they have invested in more servers with all their money they made JUST on pre-orders lol not mentioning collectors edition & first day release.

Smokin Shadowz
  • Smokin Shadowz

Sociopath

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

I can get online when the game is first loading my pressing A to load online right away. But I can't do the tutorial.

Indiana24
  • Indiana24

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

I figured I would at least be able to do the first race by this time of the day. I'm still getting stuck at the same place as I was when I tried this morning.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

Thanks, I did try posting but it got locked regarding the Alert: Failed to host session. I guess that is because it is so busy. I'll just keep trying!

I play on ps3 if anyone was wondering.

I'm in the same boat. Still working on getting 100% complete on the single player so it's no big deal and I can wait until the online is at least playable. I've still not completed the story either. Saving that until that's the last thing I need to do to get 100%.  :catloaf: 

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:24 PM Edited by AdmiralAmmunation, 01 October 2013 - 11:25 PM.

^^^We can get in it, too. Just play a solo session and same thing happens.

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

i can walk away from the race marker, can level up by mugging people but not much else,cant pause the game even.

Same here. That's one of the problems i have as well, can't access the menu. I thought maybe it was a controller problem, but if you have it, guess it's one of the issues as well. Oh well, Launch day for anything will have issues. Doesn't bother me one bit.
hey look! it's a mature and patient person. don't get many of your type around these parts.

JFIVER
  • JFIVER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

Launching reply...

Masochron
  • Masochron

What Lies Below

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

I figured I would at least be able to do the first race by this time of the day. I'm still getting stuck at the same place as I was when I tried this morning.

Yup. No progress at all in over 12 hours. Isn't it grand?

AndreasEr
  • AndreasEr

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

"With Grand Theft Auto Online, Rockstar Games is looking to bring the heart of the playstation 3 experience to a living, offline world, with zero players. Just what you choose to do in that world is up to the server stability.

The game combines a persistent and continually expanding world, full of error messages.

With a wide array of redesigned mechanics and a huge range of both structured and unstructured error messages for you to read. After you fly into Los Santos, you're introduced a race with zero opportunities for earning and spending time.

- having bad experiences, and getting into trouble. You can run around on your own, run around some more and run around a little bit more, or band together and form a lonely ego crew. Then tackle a bug, rob a pet, or compete in classic release day issues."

• Infernotyped likes this

LadyFondou
  • LadyFondou

High-Life

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

So is it ONLY PS3 users having trouble connecting to GTA: Online?

kboyrulez12345
  • kboyrulez12345

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

Yup. No progress at all in over 12 hours. Isn't it grand?

Now I'm no expert on video games, but I believe that buying servers can take a long time. I'm studying computer programming and there is a lot of stuff to it. 

Basically, what I'm saying is that Rockstar is a hard working company. Should they have foresaw the fact that there were going to be millions of people online? Well, Rockstar didn't know that GTA V would sell $800 million dollars in one day, and I really don't see any reason to lie about that. So I think it's safe to assume they didn't expect there gonna need a lot of servers.

I know by now I'm beating a dead horse here, since many people have said it, but I'll try this: http://www.craveonli...story-ffxiv-wow

And while GTA Online may not exactly be an MMO, imo I think it might as well be. I mean, you gain experience to rank up by completing missions, just like any other MMO, you gain exp by killing people, things like that. And while there will be some people who disagree with me on that, the concept is similar. In that article are online games that have had problems at launch, so it's to be expected that GTA:O would experience the same thing.

...I'm going to assume Rockstar didn't do research on this when it comes to big online games though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users