GTA Online Technical Issues

1,856 replies to this topic
Strix aluco
  • Strix aluco

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

http://support.rocks...Latest-Updates-

I love how it says "occasional" and "intermittent"... Yeah if occasional meant every f*cking time haha!

Understatement of the century rockstar! How very British lol

Indeed. They won't even acknowledge the problems. 

southparkmayor
  • southparkmayor

Derp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

The Best I have done was get to the race where your npc blindly walks into it and you get a black screen.

This is unexcusable. I patiently waited and agreed with the fact that the online comes out a week later so people get the gist of the game and for technical reasons (getting servers ready). They should have been prepared. They even got $1billion in profit. a very small percentage of which could be used for hiring Top of the line network engineers.

• cntk likes this

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

They had several years and two extra weeks to test it out, yet its complete buggy and you cant even connect most of the times.

Ape1337
  • Ape1337

Crackhead

• Members

Can't get past the tutorial. I really need to play this tonight. I really need it.

SquireMcGroggins
  • SquireMcGroggins

Player Hater

• Members

I agree! When a game grosses 1 Billion dollars in 3 days how can you not afford the top of the line staff? I UNDERSTAND that you can't always prepare for the real deal, and that stress tests only do so much. But you're telling me you can't anticipate the load the servers will be bearing? It's the 5th installment to an already successful franchise. You think R* would have learned to beef up the server capacity.

Here's to hoping. I'm calling it, PS3 users will be lucky if they can even join Online at all today :/

zdowgg
  • zdowgg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

hello im at rockstar and the office is crazy right now we have some sony techs coming out it seems to be a problem on there end sont worry we care a out all our fans im a gta fan my self well get to the bottom of this sry for the inconvenience this has caused dont worry by tomarrow you will all be playing and having fun thank you for your time 

• XslendermanX420 likes this

Deathwish91
  • Deathwish91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

hello im at rockstar and the office is crazy right now we have some sony techs coming out it seems to be a problem on there end sont worry we care a out all our fans im a gta fan my self well get to the bottom of this sry for the inconvenience this has caused dont worry by tomarrow you will all be playing and having fun thank you for your time 

seems legit

• Ultravox and xmackle like this

KrugaJamie
  • KrugaJamie

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

Its hit and miss for people ive been playing Online since it was activated this morning, not kicks no glitches ran smooth

HOAXi
  • HOAXi

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:12 PM Edited by HOAXi, 01 October 2013 - 09:14 PM.

They even got $1billion in profit. 

$1 billion in sales is very different than $1 billion in profit. How much they made in profit out of the first $1 billion in sales is unknown yet. But the estimated development- and marketing cost was around $250 million. The exact figures will be published by T2 at the end of this fiscal Q. 

Anyway, they made good profit.

blood_hound
  • blood_hound

//famfran//

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

it does corrupt the singleplayer game as well, playing originally as trevor after reuniting michael's family, going online and then being kicked out forces you to go to michael, then won't let you switch with anyone or do any missions...

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:16 PM Edited by 09172013, 01 October 2013 - 09:18 PM.

first post on the forum.

Platform: Xbox360

HD: 500g

Issue:  at the beginning after Lamar drops off my character to the "Blue" glowing ring, the black car shows up and I enter a "Loading Screen".  Game continues to loop in "Loading"  does not allow me to use the controller to exit out of the loop.  I have to shut down the Xbox completely and reboot the Xbox to get back into game.

I know its launch day and all but Im reading here on the forum that some folks are able to play the game online and have been able to get past the "Blue Ring" intro & some are not.

Is there a way to just delete everything and start over again? I deleted my "cache" hoping that would fix the problem but it does not.

side note: the character creation is awful & the graphics are really really awful. I donno if that is because its a bad patch or intended but the visuals so far online look very washed out blurry & distorted.

single player main game looks world class

but the multiplayer gta online? so far from little ive seen? it look like trash.

*edit: font size

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

I'm on PS3. When I get to the blue ring bit I walk into, and I am told I could not host a game and return to GTA Online. it then tries to return me and again redirects me this time back to normal story mode.

At first I thought it was my NAT Type 3 but now I'm pretty sure it's R*.

Anyone else have this same thing?

humorou5
  • humorou5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

I do not even get the mission marker, but am told that I need to get to the "racing startup line" (or something like that). I can freely drive around the city but I do not have access to anything like shops and stuff.

SkyMiteFall
  • SkyMiteFall

You a Busta

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Look, i understand why some of you are mad, but you gotta comprehend the amount of ppl trying to access online right now.

Buttttt, on the other hand, rockstar should've known this was gonna happen.
I understand you wanted ppl to try out the story mode but when you pay for a game the whole thing should be available not just half of it. I bet 90% of the people who bought the game would've played single player sooner or later, but the choice of what we want to do in the game should be up to us. Hopefully in the future rockstar lets all the modes out of the bag at once so there's not as much traffic in one mode at one time.

Lamborghini1335
  • Lamborghini1335

Come and get me...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

If people are getting the opening race glitch on Xbox, Dashboard and reload, if it happens again repeat, first time charm, 2 of my friends had this problem too and they did this and it's working for them now.

toybasher
  • toybasher

Cute Anthromorphic Skunk

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

I'm on PS3. When I get to the blue ring bit I walk into, and I am told I could not host a game and return to GTA Online. it then tries to return me and again redirects me this time back to normal story mode.

Same issue here buddy. Nothing you or I can do. Its not on our end. Just gotta hang tight and wait, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

^Thanks, man. I know we had to wait, just wanted to make sure I'm not the only one getting this exact message.

Other people have reported freezing. I've never froze here before, just got this.

Hopefully it'll be up soon. I cleared my schedule just to play tonight and I'm probably not even going ot able to. :(

kboyrulez12345
  • kboyrulez12345

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

Yeah, I think reseting your dashboad can help in the long run.

The_Epsilonist
  • The_Epsilonist

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:49 PM Edited by The_Epsilonist, 01 October 2013 - 09:49 PM.

I can't even go back to SP when I get the failed to find job error, I have to restart the console because it freezes,

Devacore
  • Devacore

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

Is anyone having the problem where you cant start the first solo mission? the gps guides you to the destination but then nothing happens, cant get access to the cars in the car park either.

same here, at least i know now where the point suppose to be ^^

finally started working for me and the blue icon showed, but now when I walk ont he icon a car pulls up and I always get cut off at that exact bit hmm!

That's what the online game is all about. It's a little short but you get to make your character and see her walk to the car. Amazing, the GTA online was a much needed touch.

The_Big_Lebowski
  • The_Big_Lebowski

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

Lol @sarcasm. Hilarious. 

xmackle
  • xmackle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

Been on this screen for 15 mins..... shall i home button or keep waiting?

gta_f.jpg

did you get past this screen? im stuck on it too?

wounded panda
  • wounded panda

..just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:05 PM Edited by wounded panda, 01 October 2013 - 10:05 PM.

My game just froze, I was in GTAO and it doesn't even jump back to story mode, I wasn't even on a mission or anything but was crusing around... but the whole thing completly froze so now I hade to reboot...  

wanna boot something else while I'm at it

In GTAO, the slowmo's while stuntjumping are at double speed and looks really strange..

• mattfab likes this

tylerdaly3b
  • tylerdaly3b

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

Me me me me meeee! lol, the exact thing dude... frustrating.

Strix aluco
  • Strix aluco

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

Yeah, I had the exact same thing happening to me the last time I tried. Before that I experienced several other huge glitches/bugs, and the game froze on me at one point, so I had to restart the console. I still haven't been able to enter the first race. 

Jvaas
  • Jvaas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

I have had a bug where my characters face got reset to a woman's face. I can't change it back and am stuck with it. I don't wanna make a new character because then I have to go through the whole bs with the tutorial not working properly again.

mattfab
  • mattfab

Pro

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

If people are getting the opening race glitch on Xbox, Dashboard and reload, if it happens again repeat, first time charm, 2 of my friends had this problem too and they did this and it's working for them now.

I did that like at least 10 times,for an hour and a half, still never got past the waiting for players before the race

Strix aluco
  • Strix aluco

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

I do not even get the mission marker, but am told that I need to get to the "racing startup line" (or something like that). I can freely drive around the city but I do not have access to anything like shops and stuff.

This also happened to me earlier today. 

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:17 PM Edited by Rock Howard, 01 October 2013 - 10:19 PM.

At least I haven't had as much trouble as some of you guys. I can get into the what is essentially "free roam" aspect but can't get into a death match so far... This is 360 btw, I haven't tried PS3 yet...

X-eC
  • X-eC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

Some people just need a real life, then they wouldn't be freaking out so much :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users