Photo

GTA Online Technical Issues

1,856 replies to this topic
GTAIVman
  • GTAIVman

Realistic Steak Fan

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

On the tutorial mission when the guy gets out of the car at the beginning of the mission it zooms out and is stuck saying waiting for other players, but the first time I played the mission I didn't need any other players

It's actually on a similar screen but it says "launching session" for me. It's progress I guess. Some of my friends have been able to play.

Same problem here. It's just my character standing with 3 words across the top, "Settings", "Players", "Details", can't click any of them, and I have it also saying Launching Session.

• c_elliott83 likes this

DarkFalcon95
  • DarkFalcon95

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

On the tutorial mission when the guy gets out of the car at the beginning of the mission it zooms out and is stuck saying waiting for other players, but the first time I played the mission I didn't need any other players

It's actually on a similar screen but it says "launching session" for me. It's progress I guess. Some of my friends have been able to play.

Same problem here. It's just my character standing with 3 words across the top, "Settings", "Players", "Details", can't click any of them, and I have it also saying Launching Session.

Yea. Like I said though it's progress. Before it just said waiting for other players. Hopefully I can attempt to get in before school lets out. If any time was good for us to connect, now would be it.

JayS09
  • JayS09

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

This reply was intended for the "What the F*ck is this bullsh*t" thread, but it was locked by the time I finished.

I just read through this entire forum, And had to make an account. This sh*t is the reason I think our species should be f*cking gassed.

First off, to the idiot who wants all the "gta fanboys" to go away. YOU'RE ON A MOTHERf*ckING GTA FORUM YOU GTFO

Second, How does everyone expect R* to miraculously fix the game in the very second it breaks.

A little about me, 

I woke up at 7am this morning to play GTAV online. I've been looking forward to it for years. I took the day off from work 2 weeks ago the second I found out when the release will be. I've been trying to get online for hours. I've been waiting patiently.

YOU f*ckING 12 YEAR OLD fa**otS NEED TO STOP BASHING R*

They gave us a motherf*cking incredible game, with a huge map that's incredibly fun to explore. With a captivating addicting storyline, tons of cars and addictions, EVEN A f*ckING GODDAMN JUMBO JET.

This game is incredible. I am not a R* fanboy. I hated GTA4. But this is the best game I've ever played.
Rockstar said last night they are "Continuing to buy servers but the mass demand of the game is exceeding the available readiness for the servers"
THE TOLD US THIS WOULD HAPPEN. THEY ARE TRYING. 
Stop acting like this is some giant conspiracy you f*cktards.

The last thing R* wants is for people to STOP PLAYING. If they're this greedy corporation who intentionally did this on purpose then they're goddamn idiots. Why would they turn down an oppurtunity to make money?

Servers are complicated.
I'll put it simply.
Imagine you need to drink a lot of your favorite douchebag energy drink.. Lets say "Rockstar" for this example.

You need to drink an entire cup of it every second. So You need more straws right? But the amount of straws you need surpass the size of your mouth. So You need to buy mouth extensions now right? But now your throat doesn't have the suction power necessary for the incredible goddamn liquid demand you suddenly have. So you need a new throat. And new lungs. And then the demand gets BIGGER so, while you're trying to biologically enhance your ability to adapt to this situation, THE DEMAND KEEPS GROWING.

YOU f*ckING TWATS NEED TO GIVE ROCKSTAR A CHANCE, STOP TRYING TO LOG IN, WAIT AN HOUR, THEN TRY AGAIN. STOP REPEATEDLY RAPING THE GODDAMN SERVER WITH YOUR GREEDY DICKS.

I took off for work. I lost sleep for this. I've been looking forward to this for 4 years. AND I'M NOT COMPLAINING. So go pick on your parents who bought this game, you greedy f*cking children. Not the company who lovingly made it for us.

-f*ck all of you

LOOOOOOOOL HAHAHA THIS GUY
  • Dimitrinaut likes this

Whiteox_1st
  • Whiteox_1st

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

Yo guys, Come join the party at http://www.twitch.tv/vicestv

Been pretty sick so far these guys are online, got a hundred odd people in the stream,  if you're bored come chill :D

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

Any official word from Rockstar of what we can expect in the next 24 hours? Or any acknowledgment of the problems?

c_elliott83
  • c_elliott83

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

New here to the forum. But still I'm having the same issues. Launching session after he walks to the blue marker, then others show up and disappear. Did this for 15-20 mins. Restarted the game and he went to the marker car pulled up, then it does the whole thing over again 2 more times. Now its stuck on the screen shown above waiting for players. Guess Ill do solo session for now? 360 btw

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

Thongs will be better.

I sure hope so. Mine is currently riding up my ass pretty hard.
I seriously just lmfao'd xD

Chronolemon
  • Chronolemon

GTA:Outta here.

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

My day with GTAO

After my first go on the farcical character creation system, I had a system freeze. Maybe not GTAO's fault but this is the latest model XBOX and its months old. So I battled through it again, this time with an even uglier character than before. To be dumped into a world from around 30 feet and tumbled down a hill. Real classy. Am I supposed to take seriously a character that falls from the sky every time he enters a world? Anyway, I spent about 5 hours getting half way to rank 5, getting together around $150,000, choosing a nice muscle car to track and insure, and clothing my avatar.

I was hopping from level to level and every time I did I read an alert that said the game will save automatically. But now, nothing. My character has not been saved. Not a whiff, not a scratch. Not even an early version of my character. Not even the initial creation pre-spawn. All in all about 5 hours lost. Day one, not impressed with it.

My in game experience was also quite frustrating. It seems people are bored with GTAO already as they are doing that thing from GTA IV where they run you over repeatedly until you die. A bad server perhaps? I hope so. Another thing I've just found out is I saw nothing of the introduction mission. I did no race, I did not meet Lemar, I was dumped in a world full of icons and no guidance whatsoever. And I was only told about Passive mode after I was shot a 1/4 mile from the repair shop after nursing my chosen car halfway across the map on 4 flat tires. I had planned on keeping the first car I ever boosted as my main car but GTA even denied me that!

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

Actually joined June 03 2008

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

http://support.rocks...Latest-Updates-

I love how it says "occasional" and "intermittent"... Yeah if occasional meant every f*cking time haha!

Understatement of the century rockstar! How very British lol

Pops93
  • Pops93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:08 PM Edited by Pops93, 01 October 2013 - 07:09 PM.

My day with GTAO

After my first go on the farcical character creation system, I had a system freeze. Maybe not GTAO's fault but this is the latest model XBOX and its months old. So I battled through it again, this time with an even uglier character than before. To be dumped into a world from around 30 feet and tumbled down a hill. Real classy. Am I supposed to take seriously a character that falls from the sky every time he enters a world? Anyway, I spent about 5 hours getting half way to rank 5, getting together around $150,000, choosing a nice muscle car to track and insure, and clothing my avatar.

I was hopping from level to level and every time I did I read an alert that said the game will save automatically. But now, nothing. My character has not been saved. Not a whiff, not a scratch. Not even an early version of my character. Not even the initial creation pre-spawn. All in all about 5 hours lost. Day one, not impressed with it.

My in game experience was also quite frustrating. It seems people are bored with GTAO already as they are doing that thing from GTA IV where they run you over repeatedly until you die. A bad server perhaps? I hope so. Another thing I've just found out is I saw nothing of the introduction mission. I did no race, I did not meet Lemar, I was dumped in a world full of icons and no guidance whatsoever. And I was only told about Passive mode after I was shot a 1/4 mile from the repair shop after nursing my chosen car halfway across the map on 4 flat tires. I had planned on keeping the first car I ever boosted as my main car but GTA even denied me that!

This happened to me too to first time. 
Dropped you right behind the vinewood sign, right?

One thing you might have failed to notice was the  thing that pooped up before you hit A, which said "Cloud servers aren't working" or something like that. And pressing A was "continue without saving" and X was Retry

I did this too, and It was just open world. No missions,  no planes at the airport, the traffic was continuially crashing, and it was just a big clusterf*ck of a world.

Then on my second attempt, when the cloud servers did work for me, I did the race and it worked fine, I got an intro, cut scene, my guy didn't talk, Lamar was driving me around and he was like "this my jam" and made the radio louder and blahblah.
Then I got to the race, Almost finished it, Lamar was talking made black guy sh*t like "you need to get back behind me where you belong" then my game froze, and I haven't been able to get back since.

I wasted about 3 hours on the no save mode, but you should read things before you jump into them and think you're doing actual "work".

c_elliott83
  • c_elliott83

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

Nevermind it wont even let me do a solo session

K1LLeRJeLLybEAn
  • K1LLeRJeLLybEAn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

Well I am on hour number five of trying to launch the tutorial. This is a F-ing joke. I understand the whole there might be a few bugs but when it is taking 5-plus hours to even get started in the game that is unsat. At this point my anger level is making my blood boil. I really hope that there is a good explanation for this not just, "oh it is normal release day problems. I have been playing on Xbox live since it came out and no game has ever taken this long to get right on the release day. I hope that bad things happen to the people that have made the online portion of this game.

I mean like this as I hope that you step on a lego bad things.

• sonar87 likes this

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Olympics
  • Contribution Award [Gaming]
    Best Bae 2015

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

Its been 7 hours and I can't even f*cking join yet. I've made my character and then I just get kicked. Its bullsh*t. I doubt I'll even get to play before college tomorrow.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

OMG, the texture pop ins... THE FLOOR DIDN'T LOAD! SO LAMAR AND HIS CAR FELL THROUGH THE FLOOR! Now I'm just sitting here, not frozen, but the game won't do anything.

mmm chocolate
  • mmm chocolate

.... BLAINE COUNTY .... xbox one

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

Went back to single player and was trying to do 'exercising the truth' epsilon mission, reloaded a save, and the epsilon icon disappered from the map.

Anyone know if this mission is time specific? Or maybe online is messing with my single player?

Bakednuts
  • Bakednuts

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

I cant start the race period. They need to fix this ive tried every session goes to the same thing everytime. Xbox 360

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

Well I am on hour number five of trying to launch the tutorial. This is a F-ing joke. I understand the whole there might be a few bugs but when it is taking 5-plus hours to even get started in the game that is unsat. At this point my anger level is making my blood boil. I really hope that there is a good explanation for this not just, "oh it is normal release day problems. I have been playing on Xbox live since it came out and no game has ever taken this long to get right on the release day. I hope that bad things happen to the people that have made the online portion of this game.

I mean like this as I hope that you step on a lego bad things.

Dude you kidding me you seriously been trying for 5 hours straight? lol I stopped trying after a half hour

wounded panda
  • wounded panda

..just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

My game just froze, I was in GTAO and it doesn't even jump back to story mode, I wasn't even on a mission or anything but was crusing around... but the whole thing completly froze so now I hade to reboot...  

wanna boot something else while I'm at it

JudgeMyInsanity
  • JudgeMyInsanity

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

You guys call yourself fans of GTA? Why not wait and be patient? On the day of release that's about 8.5 million people jumping onto the online at once, so of coarse things are going to be awful, you try making a game this awesome and keeping it under control 24/7 when 8.5 million people play at the same time the first time this was released public

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

Loaded up fine. No issues here. West virginia

JudgeMyInsanity
  • JudgeMyInsanity

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

And to add on to that, the 8.5 million people that tired to get on, only about 1 million people made it on fine

Urbz
  • Urbz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

If your having a bad day. This should make it better

http://www.flickr.co...com/8515027947/

JudgeMyInsanity
  • JudgeMyInsanity

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

Loaded up fine. No issues here. West virginia

Have fun lol

vozone
  • vozone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:20 PM Edited by vozone, 01 October 2013 - 08:20 PM.

It's understandable that a game of this scope has some issues during the first stages of online play. But it's pretty frustrating that a large portion of the community is completely missing out on the fun, specially when you see people on another console not having issues at all. I'm willing to wait, I'm sure it will be well worth it, but it doesn't make it easy...

LeDunk6
  • LeDunk6

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

im lvl 4 right now. im in Ohio.. but the mission is now freezing. 

K1LLeRJeLLybEAn
  • K1LLeRJeLLybEAn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

You guys call yourself fans of GTA? Why not wait and be patient? On the day of release that's about 8.5 million people jumping onto the online at once, so of coarse things are going to be awful, you try making a game this awesome and keeping it under control 24/7 when 8.5 million people play at the same time the first time this was released public

Patient? This game has been in the making for 5 years. Not only that it has been out for 2 weeks. I figured in that amount of time the online portion would be a cake walk. I understand that there are going to be hiccups but this is stupid.

And fans? No just people that want to play a game. Probably the biggest let down since Obama being elected president for the second time.

AshDaMan
  • AshDaMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

Rockstar knew how many people we're going to play this game, yet we're under prepared and simply not ready. The fact that these people are going on about it must mean that the care!

Infernotyped
  • Infernotyped

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

I have been waiting to start the first race in GTA Online for like the past 20 minutes on a loading screen "Waiting For Other Players" when is this going to be fixed because I didn't want to wait 2 weeks just to see that...

RonDutch
  • RonDutch

Anarchy 99 Holland @SocialClub

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:41 PM Edited by RonDutch, 01 October 2013 - 08:42 PM.

I've been trying to log into the multiplayer countless of times today, Not once managed to get in. Not even in solo session,  I'm done trying as its also causing my single player to have bugs. imo this is beyond amateuristic, And that nonsense of "8.5 million people playing at the same time" is stupid, when your last game sells 25 million. You can expect a lot of people wanting to play multiplayer. 

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:42 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 01 October 2013 - 09:12 PM.

I got on earlier, got going on the tutorial and got shot in the face as I was buying mandatory clothing to progress the tutorial, by another player who I assume was participating in the same tutorial. I respawned after having to watch something about kifflom, and then respawned above the vinewood sign where I fell to my death. Game froze. I then couldn't get back on, with the exception of an open free roam that did have other players although nothing was getting saved...so what was the point. I have been trying to do a solo session and everything else to join my three friends because you can't join a game until you've finished the tutorial...and it looks like it's going to be about a month before I can complete it.

xbox360

• skovie11 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users