Photo

GTA Online Technical Issues

1,856 replies to this topic
JayS09
  • JayS09

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

f*ckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk youuuuuu rockstarrrrrrr man i keeps crashin i just want to play online is that too much to ask for!!!!!!

Dear rockstar you con-artist monkey testicles

Im a loyal customer but from this day forwards o vow to f*ck you in the eye

Thanks
Jinn
  • Josh5697 likes this

Kaijis
  • Kaijis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

Started a solo session in gta online and got through the intro but now it just says "Go to the race trigger" but there is no trigger on the ground or the map... oh well.

And everytime I leave the car park Lamar sitting in the car says "Hey, you're supposed to be going that way!" (All you had to do was follow the damn train CJ)

BmacTheSage
  • BmacTheSage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

im glad this isnt just me.  i was really hoping they were going to be more prepared for this.  but oh well they will get thier stuff together soon hopefully.  kinda dissapointing though i had to day off and was excited for this.

Dimitrinaut
  • Dimitrinaut

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

ive been off and on since 5:57am cdt ive raced 3 times and passed one mission but all data corrupts obviously their cloud servers

jinksy
  • jinksy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Been on this screen for 15 mins..... shall i home button or keep waiting?

gta_f.jpg

I don't think its going to work anytime soon mate, when it working we should be able to get straight away, so I dnt think waiting will do anything, I hope it does!

Lord Illicious
  • Lord Illicious

S H A O L I N NYC

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

I bet all them government employees wished they didn't go with the shutdown on Oct. 1 now.

Anyways, it is not really uncommon for an online launch to become overwhelmed with users especially with such a popular game.

You bought the chips, sodas, beer and cigarettes.

Beat the kids, slapped the wife and even changed to a new underwear.

i know it sucks for many since they prepared in advance (like myself) but that is the way the cookie fits in the ass.

GTA4 online anyone?

• skovie11, Dimitrinaut and jinksy like this

Darrell_21
  • Darrell_21

Vice President, SoA Indiana

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

I made an account on these forums just because some people are so ignorant or just plain stupid. Complaining about how the servers are down and Rockstar needs to use the money to buy decent servers. Have you not paid any attention to anything? They said they would have issues for the first few days, more so because way more people bought the game then they anticipated. So stfu and be happy the online content is free.
  • Dimitrinaut and jinksy like this

jinksy
  • jinksy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

I made an account on these forums just because some people are so ignorant or just plain stupid. Complaining about how the servers are down and Rockstar needs to use the money to buy decent servers. Have you not paid any attention to anything? They said they would have issues for the first few days, more so because way more people bought the game then they anticipated. So stfu and be happy the online content is free.

some ridiculous person said this is a lesson to never trust or buy rockstar games again, how pathetic must he be to say that, t    w    a     tttt

• Dimitrinaut likes this

jinksy
  • jinksy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

Started a solo session in gta online and got through the intro but now it just says "Go to the race trigger" but there is no trigger on the ground or the map... oh well.

And everytime I leave the car park Lamar sitting in the car says "Hey, you're supposed to be going that way!" (All you had to do was follow the damn train CJ)

the exact same thing happened to me, I left it an hour and went back and the race icon was there, he gets ready to start then I lose connection

AGNT009
  • AGNT009

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

I just now tried to get the online patch at 1:15 ET. I pressed Ok to accept update to my PS3, screen went black and stayed that way, hardlocked my PS3. It wouldnt even respond to me ejecting disc or the consoles power button. WTF. Had to pull the power cord. Thankfully its still working, just declined patch and its booting up single player. guess I'll go back to working on 100% and the jetpack search till R* unf**ks themselves.
  • Xezta1994 likes this

Noz636
  • Noz636

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

Is anyone having the problem where you cant start the first solo mission? the gps guides you to the destination but then nothing happens, cant get access to the cars in the car park either.

same here, at least i know now where the point suppose to be ^^

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

rider of bikes

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

Unlikely, I know, but I might as well throw it out there in case someone has an answer: I can't get past the first race. At this point I can usually get to the blue race marker but end up stuck on the unfocused city background looking at 'waiting for players'. Does anyone have any suggestions for a workaround? Is it worth my time leaving it on and waiting, or should I just dashboard and retry later? Thanks.

jinksy
  • jinksy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

Is anyone having the problem where you cant start the first solo mission? the gps guides you to the destination but then nothing happens, cant get access to the cars in the car park either.

same here, at least i know now where the point suppose to be ^^

finally started working for me and the blue icon showed, but now when I walk ont he icon a car pulls up and I always get cut off at that exact bit hmm!

Matrix510
  • Matrix510

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

I think my weirdest connection failure was when during the introductory cutscene I was "kicked from the game due to player vote"

jinksy
  • jinksy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

I think my weirdest connection failure was when during the introductory cutscene I was "kicked from the game due to player vote"

hahahahaha it just keeps getting weirder!

KingGwap
  • KingGwap

Shotta

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

GTAV a realm reborn (error code 1017)

jinksy
  • jinksy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

Does anyone think that the issues will be resolved in one go or bit by bit? for example solo missions are working but cant play with friends. or that all modes are working but smaller glitches and bugs popping in but don't stop us playing with friends?

LJseemyflow
  • LJseemyflow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

I froze just about to start a race talkin to group online and got a note sayin i was gonna be kicked for idleing!!! Wtf

skinku
  • skinku

Where are my f*cking arms?

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

I found the solution.
Could enter the cutscene through pause menu (solo or invite only)
It froze on getting the car to race.
Got really pissed over the next four hours and went to sleep.
(Wet the bed though)
My bad.

enemydeer
  • enemydeer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

seems live is having dashboard issues now °_°

rdchili96
  • rdchili96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:27 PM Edited by rdchili96, 01 October 2013 - 06:27 PM.

I keep notcing that the people who bitch the most, are the people who just signerd up recently.

Ghost58md
  • Ghost58md

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

On the tutorial mission when the guy gets out of the car at the beginning of the mission it zooms out and is stuck saying waiting for other players, but the first time I played the mission I didn't need any other players

Pops93
  • Pops93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

This reply was intended for the "What the F*ck is this bullsh*t" thread, but it was locked by the time I finished.

I just read through this entire forum, And had to make an account. This sh*t is the reason I think our species should be f*cking gassed.

First off, to the idiot who wants all the "gta fanboys" to go away. YOU'RE ON A MOTHERf*ckING GTA FORUM YOU GTFO

Second, How does everyone expect R* to miraculously fix the game in the very second it breaks.

A little about me, 

I woke up at 7am this morning to play GTAV online. I've been looking forward to it for years. I took the day off from work 2 weeks ago the second I found out when the release will be. I've been trying to get online for hours. I've been waiting patiently.

YOU f*ckING 12 YEAR OLD fa**otS NEED TO STOP BASHING R*

They gave us a motherf*cking incredible game, with a huge map that's incredibly fun to explore. With a captivating addicting storyline, tons of cars and addictions, EVEN A f*ckING GODDAMN JUMBO JET.

This game is incredible. I am not a R* fanboy. I hated GTA4. But this is the best game I've ever played.
Rockstar said last night they are "Continuing to buy servers but the mass demand of the game is exceeding the available readiness for the servers"

THE TOLD US THIS WOULD HAPPEN. THEY ARE TRYING. 
Stop acting like this is some giant conspiracy you f*cktards.

The last thing R* wants is for people to STOP PLAYING. If they're this greedy corporation who intentionally did this on purpose then they're goddamn idiots. Why would they turn down an oppurtunity to make money?

Servers are complicated.

I'll put it simply.
Imagine you need to drink a lot of your favorite douchebag energy drink.. Lets say "Rockstar" for this example.

You need to drink an entire cup of it every second. So You need more straws right? But the amount of straws you need surpass the size of your mouth. So You need to buy mouth extensions now right? But now your throat doesn't have the suction power necessary for the incredible goddamn liquid demand you suddenly have. So you need a new throat. And new lungs. And then the demand gets BIGGER so, while you're trying to biologically enhance your ability to adapt to this situation, THE DEMAND KEEPS GROWING.

YOU f*ckING TWATS NEED TO GIVE ROCKSTAR A CHANCE, STOP TRYING TO LOG IN, WAIT AN HOUR, THEN TRY AGAIN. STOP REPEATEDLY RAPING THE GODDAMN SERVER WITH YOUR GREEDY DICKS.

I took off for work. I lost sleep for this. I've been looking forward to this for 4 years. AND I'M NOT COMPLAINING. So go pick on your parents who bought this game, you greedy f*cking children. Not the company who lovingly made it for us.

-f*ck all of you

• Ex Hellraiser, RoadRaaage, lilpokerface and 1 other like this

dannychantelle2013
  • dannychantelle2013

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

i can get on solo and invite just cant get stright into a room oh do races???

DarkFalcon95
  • DarkFalcon95

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

On the tutorial mission when the guy gets out of the car at the beginning of the mission it zooms out and is stuck saying waiting for other players, but the first time I played the mission I didn't need any other players

It's actually on a similar screen but it says "launching session" for me. It's progress I guess. Some of my friends have been able to play.

MercyfulFate151
  • MercyfulFate151

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

If you haven't done the tutorial, do it through a solo session. Then beat all the tutorial missions past Simeon and you should be set.

Problem is there's trolls booting people for no reason even after you wait hours to find a game
  • Dwalk likes this

MercyfulFate151
  • MercyfulFate151

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

If you haven't done the tutorial, do it through a solo session. Then beat all the tutorial missions past Simeon and you should be set.

Problem is there's trolls booting people for no reason even after you wait hours to find a game

Fitzly
  • Fitzly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:45 PM Edited by Fitzly, 01 October 2013 - 06:47 PM.

Fitzly
  • Fitzly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:45 PM Edited by Fitzly, 01 October 2013 - 06:47 PM.

Fitzly
  • Fitzly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

I was the farthest ahead of my friends & am a level 5 but now it's making me redo the race mission and then just freezes on the loading

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users