Photo

GTA Online Technical Issues

1,856 replies to this topic
Namesareforsinners
  • Namesareforsinners

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

Able to get into the online portion quite well. But unable to load any jobs or nothing. I'm sure it's just a launch problem, but is anyone else having something similar? If not, I'll take it as a character thing and I'll restart. Any replies would be great.

• aandrew610 and Trentg89 like this

zaaxster
  • zaaxster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

Why wouldn't they have separate servers in each continent? I mean they must have anticipated that they were going to get 1 billion dollars worth of sales, why didn't they anticipate that 15 million+ people were going to play online.

runninrbl
  • runninrbl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:10 AM Edited by runninrbl, 02 October 2013 - 07:13 AM.

Able to get into the online portion quite well. But unable to load any jobs or nothing. I'm sure it's just a launch problem, but is anyone else having something similar? If not, I'll take it as a character thing and I'll restart. Any replies would be great.

were you able to do the race? If so then the job missions will come with a phone call and it might take a few minutes. There are I think three of them before it sends you to the multiplayer matches. Once you get there then you are pretty much open to do whatever you want and just wait for more jobs to come via cell phone.

I was just asking because once I was able to get on, but the race marker was not there. I could run around and kill people but nothing more. If you can't do the race then you have to start over and log back on.

Namesareforsinners
  • Namesareforsinners

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

were you able to do the race? If so then the job missions will come with a phone call and it might take a few minutes. There are I think three of them before it sends you to the multiplayer matches. Once you get there then you are pretty much open to do whatever you want and just wait for more jobs to come via cell phone.

I was just asking because once I was able to get on, but the race marker was not there. I could run around and kill people but nothing more. If you can't do the race then you have to start over and log back on.

Got past the race quite fine and did the mission afterwards. But after that, the jobs I get via phone won't load, they just immediately say 'fail to download. try again.'  Happens if I try to join any others. 

But can run around the map and rob stores and everything else to my hearts content. 

I've chosen to start another character. No problems with the race.

Cryki
  • Cryki

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

Been on this screen for 15 mins..... shall i home button or keep waiting?

gta_f.jpg

did you get past this screen? im stuck on it too?

Nope, all I get is my character walks to the blue ring, the car pulls up, a guy gets out of the car and then it goes into that bit with the blue options across the top page with your info and character avatar in the top right hand corner. It then goes back to the black car pulling up (does that twice in total). Then I just get that screen that I posted up and nothing happens.

Cheeznut
  • Cheeznut

Los Santos Bum King

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

On Twitter playstation says they r working on it, no sleep for those guys until its fixed... seems fair.

first i stayed up till it was 1 october, then i realized it was releasing at midnight in USA (6 hours later) so when i woke up i was all happy and thought.... thought i could play but no sh*t it wouldnt work, last night i stayed up hoping it would be fix but no sh*t again so i go to sleep and try again this morning and guess again... not sh*t

so until this is fixed ihope these guys also aint sleeping

jayroen
  • jayroen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

http://www.youtube.c...L_u4nvw&t=0m10s Rockstar's response.

Universal-Shot
  • Universal-Shot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:40 AM Edited by Universal-Shot, 02 October 2013 - 07:43 AM.

Same sh*t, different day. 

PS3

Whiteox_1st
  • Whiteox_1st

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:53 AM

Sigh .. over waiting, just gonna renew my WoW membership and eat nachos.

Medicinals420
  • Medicinals420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

I dream of GTA

texasrebel1811
  • texasrebel1811

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

Still no luck with ps3 huh
  • Lucky lisp likes this

Hoffa88
  • Hoffa88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

Hi everyone, new the Forum, and I was wondering if anybody was having problems with your GTA Online Character not being able to save, and as a result when trying to log back in it says that your GTA online Character file has become corrupted?? 

texasrebel1811
  • texasrebel1811

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

I have been since like 10 yesterday morning i gave up tried again before i had to go to work that was at 930 lastnight live near austin so. Ps3 user

Hoffa88
  • Hoffa88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

Xbox user here,  but i can get in and do the tutorial (its finished after the cypress hill last team standing right?) and then when i leave to go join someone online it says that my Online file has been corrupted :(  anyone else feeling this same pain?

RFiD
  • RFiD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

I was able to play yesterday for around a hour!

Did 3 missions or so, then I was send to multiplayer deathmatch and it hung up in the loading screen like at the first race.

After that I restarted and my characters were corrupted, one was deleted the other one was mixed with my second character, (male had a female head XD)

I deleted the two characters, restarted a new game, and hung up at the first race again.

No matter - it was fun do play a bit with others which worked fine for me til to the loading screen.

killed a few gamers and earned a few RP's

RFiD
  • RFiD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

Yeah exactly at the CYPRESS FLATS mission!

there was my hung up. after restart the characters were corrupted

Hoffa88
  • Hoffa88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

anyone know why?? because i have other friends who this isnt an issue for and can exit and go back with ease, it really makes me want to go on a Trevor rampage 

Pig__Destroyer
  • Pig__Destroyer

DRIFT THIS *****

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Does anyone else not get f'n hyped when it says GTA5 online free! for people who pay. Oh thank you god! (Sarcasm) it should be free anyways. They're gonna charge up the yang for new stuff which i'll probably buy being cars and guns. f the clothes. Still so weak that its not working. I would give them more credit if they released it the same day but they KNEW the numbers from the launch- damn. Plus the hardcore online following they had to have known. (which they did i'll give them that for admitting to problems to arise). They had two two weeks? maybe get some advice from how to do it right from other companies.

Cheeznut
  • Cheeznut

Los Santos Bum King

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

still waiting for a fix!! PS3

Palm3
  • Palm3

I will laugh at the giant beaver!!

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

h0cn.jpg

• 7csc likes this

runninrbl
  • runninrbl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

anyone know why?? because i have other friends who this isnt an issue for and can exit and go back with ease, it really makes me want to go on a Trevor rampage 

I havent had any problems, minus the 6 hours it took signing in and out until you are able to select a car. It happened within 30 seconds so those who say wait 30 minutes or 40 minutes don't wait that long. You might want to delete the latest update to gta and reload it again. I just think again it's a bottleneck issue, but other people have said it might have to do with the initial update. Again it's still going to take luck to get back in and past the tutorial. Once you get on, do a few missions before quitting.

Manic_Feer
  • Manic_Feer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

I'm standing in the parking lot watching people coming and going... Last 10 or mins :(

Launching session? Nope

texasrebel1811
  • texasrebel1811

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

2 more hours then i get to go back and try my luck some more hopefully today is better than yesterday but i doubt it

Pdexter
  • Pdexter

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

Thongs will be better.

I sure hope so. Mine is currently riding up my ass pretty hard.

LMFAO :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Damn good laugh! :happy:

Grubes67
  • Grubes67

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

Yo I can't get these sh*ts to work bro.
There must be something straight up messed up with the servers or something.
They better get this fixed soon yo.
I want to fly an airplane up someone's ass

Cryki
  • Cryki

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

I am going to try again about 4pm UK time. I feel that R* will have it stable by Friday though.

jinksy
  • jinksy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

This reply was intended for the "What the F*ck is this bullsh*t" thread, but it was locked by the time I finished.

I just read through this entire forum, And had to make an account. This sh*t is the reason I think our species should be f*cking gassed.

First off, to the idiot who wants all the "gta fanboys" to go away. YOU'RE ON A MOTHERf*ckING GTA FORUM YOU GTFO

Second, How does everyone expect R* to miraculously fix the game in the very second it breaks.

A little about me, 

I woke up at 7am this morning to play GTAV online. I've been looking forward to it for years. I took the day off from work 2 weeks ago the second I found out when the release will be. I've been trying to get online for hours. I've been waiting patiently.

YOU f*ckING 12 YEAR OLD fa**otS NEED TO STOP BASHING R*

They gave us a motherf*cking incredible game, with a huge map that's incredibly fun to explore. With a captivating addicting storyline, tons of cars and addictions, EVEN A f*ckING GODDAMN JUMBO JET.

This game is incredible. I am not a R* fanboy. I hated GTA4. But this is the best game I've ever played.
Rockstar said last night they are "Continuing to buy servers but the mass demand of the game is exceeding the available readiness for the servers"

THE TOLD US THIS WOULD HAPPEN. THEY ARE TRYING. 
Stop acting like this is some giant conspiracy you f*cktards.

The last thing R* wants is for people to STOP PLAYING. If they're this greedy corporation who intentionally did this on purpose then they're goddamn idiots. Why would they turn down an oppurtunity to make money?

Servers are complicated.

I'll put it simply.
Imagine you need to drink a lot of your favorite douchebag energy drink.. Lets say "Rockstar" for this example.

You need to drink an entire cup of it every second. So You need more straws right? But the amount of straws you need surpass the size of your mouth. So You need to buy mouth extensions now right? But now your throat doesn't have the suction power necessary for the incredible goddamn liquid demand you suddenly have. So you need a new throat. And new lungs. And then the demand gets BIGGER so, while you're trying to biologically enhance your ability to adapt to this situation, THE DEMAND KEEPS GROWING.

YOU f*ckING TWATS NEED TO GIVE ROCKSTAR A CHANCE, STOP TRYING TO LOG IN, WAIT AN HOUR, THEN TRY AGAIN. STOP REPEATEDLY RAPING THE GODDAMN SERVER WITH YOUR GREEDY DICKS.

I took off for work. I lost sleep for this. I've been looking forward to this for 4 years. AND I'M NOT COMPLAINING. So go pick on your parents who bought this game, you greedy f*cking children. Not the company who lovingly made it for us.

-f*ck all of you

after I read the bit where it said our species should be gassed, I stopped reading, knew it would be aload of bull

Misfit-N7
  • Misfit-N7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:30 AM Edited by Misfit-N7, 02 October 2013 - 10:32 AM.

We are probably not really gonna be able to play this until next week. 

KingGwap
  • KingGwap

Shotta

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

A timefram would be nice or atlease something other then this silent treatment....now R* knows how the ppl of FFRR felt

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

http://support.rocks...Latest-Updates-

This web site is a joke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users