Photo

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING ABOUT GTA ONLINE

26 replies to this topic
grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

So gtao is a semi mmo, and its stats and character data is running off R* servers wich are most liekly NOT seperated for the 2 console versions, meaning about 10 million ppl(aprox) are loging in, creating characters, and doing the first mission than try to host AT THE SAME TIME, this is DDOS at its finest, and NO R* cannot do anything about this, buying 200 more severs wont solve this cause withing a few days this sort of pressure will never occure again, and those servers can be thrown out.

Anyone who played constantly online games, or just mmos in negeral at lunch know this is unavoidable, and even the biggest fall to much lower player munbers, please be patient, and wait. 

Spamming the login wont help this problem because its not only you its at least 5 million other ppl doing the exact same thing as you are doing now.

Please be patient and understand this, THANKS.

• Killerdude8 and CashnBowlz420 like this

CashnBowlz420
  • CashnBowlz420

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

So gtao is a semi mmo, and its stats and character data is running off R* servers wich are most liekly NOT seperated for the 2 console versions, meaning about 10 million ppl(aprox) are loging in, creating characters, and doing the first mission than try to host AT THE SAME TIME, this is DDOS at its finest, and NO R* cannot do anything about this, buying 200 more severs wont solve this cause withing a few days this sort of pressure will never occure again, and those servers can be thrown out.

Anyone who played constantly online games, or just mmos in negeral at lunch know this is unavoidable, and even the biggest fall to much lower player munbers, please be patient, and wait. 

Spamming the login wont help this problem because its not only you its at least 5 million other ppl doing the exact same thing as you are doing now.

How can you be so racist against lunch?
  • DanteHicks79 likes this

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

How can you be so racist against lunch?

I hate them f*cking scumbags all of them....

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

Finally someone here who speaks some sense, it's a shame GTAF is full of retarded sea urchins, and no one will ever read this.
Good work.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:06 PM Edited by Killerdude8, 01 October 2013 - 01:07 PM.

Double post ftw.

Afusensi
  • Afusensi

BUSTED!

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

It IS avoidable.

But since game developers are too greedy to spend a little money on a good launch we got used to it. Its really sad that people think its normal.

For one, they knew that the servers would f*cking crash, why release it worldwide at the same second?

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

It IS avoidable.

But since game developers are too greedy to spend a little money on a good launch we got used to it. Its really sad that people think its normal.

For one, they knew that the servers would f*cking crash, why release it worldwide at the same second?

Dude its not the devs almost every gamedev likes their job and have passion for it, most of the times the PUBLISHERS are the ones f*cking them in the bum, so chill out, also the only REAl solution is tier based opening, do you really want taht? where ppl whould be outrages as f*ck, cause wahts you base it at? random? or by country? or you can pay for it? that IS the only real way, unless you buy 300 servers for a week...

Imagine if they started letting in ppl by tiers, hahah now thats whould bring the flamewars to a new degree.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

Finally a logical post concerning GTA O, sadly it will be ignored by people that would rather have a bitch session then be patient. 

• The Wooden Mask likes this

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

Dude its not the devs almost every gamedev likes their job and have passion for it, most of the times the PUBLISHERS are the ones f*cking them in the bum, so chill out, also the only REAl solution is tier based opening, do you really want taht? where ppl whould be outrages as f*ck, cause wahts you base it at? random? or by country? or you can pay for it? that IS the only real way, unless you buy 300 servers for a week...

Imagine if they started letting in ppl by tiers, hahah now thats whould bring the flamewars to a new degree.

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

OP must understand this forum is filled with under 18 year olds and child-like minded people.

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

OP must understand this forum is filled with under 18 year olds and child-like minded people.

I`m used to the first, but the latter is the real sad one.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

I'm not that pissed about the damn lobby issues and hosting issues, what I'm pissed about is after making a temporary character and starting solo mode, it still searches for players and gets me kicked again.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Im contemplating if i should event update & attempt to get online when im done work. Might just work towards 100% and give online some time to iron out the wrinkles.

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Im contemplating if i should event update & attempt to get online when im done work. Might just work towards 100% and give online some time to iron out the wrinkles.

I suggest 100% it takes time, and dont forget to hang out with the characters, and dont foget you can hang out with 2 at once, and some combinations are super hillarious(michael-trevor-amanda)

syzegy
  • syzegy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

if they had a staggered launch instead of launching at 7am est to everyone the problem wont be as bad. 

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

if they had a staggered launch instead of launching at 7am est to everyone the problem wont be as bad. 

sp_1411_clip05.jpg

• TakinThyBacon likes this

stobe187
  • stobe187

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

I f*cking love the OPs typo-ridden blurbs.

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

I f*cking love the OPs typo-ridden blurbs.

I`m glad i can amuse you.

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

And i bet you whould have loved to be the last in line for at least 3h delays of each mayor country?

In competetive gaming they wont do it, ppl will bitch to no end.

It have been tried in mmos before, never worked out as good either.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

I suggest 100% it takes time, and dont forget to hang out with the characters, and dont foget you can hang out with 2 at once, and some combinations are super hillarious(michael-trevor-amanda)

I tried hanging out with all 3 protags & couldnt figure out how.

I still have loads to do in SP including the last Lester missions, side missions, rampages, scraps & water exploration just to name a few.

Most excited for online though. Hopefully its all fixed up sooner then later.

Buford T Justice
  • Buford T Justice

Is that so?

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

Why don't they just rent servers for a while, why do they have to buy them? I'm not complaining as I understand the people volume will be absurd, I'm just saying...

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

It IS avoidable.

Thank you!  I second that!

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

I tried hanging out with all 3 protags & couldnt figure out how.

I still have loads to do in SP including the last Lester missions, side missions, rampages, scraps & water exploration just to name a few.

Most excited for online though. Hopefully its all fixed up sooner then later.

Call Trevor, then Call Michael, then go pick them up.

Your welcome.

Sevenpatch
  • Sevenpatch

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

It IS avoidable.

Nice story.  Now prove it and launch your own game.

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Why don't they just rent servers for a while, why do they have to buy them? I'm not complaining as I understand the people volume will be absurd, I'm just saying...

Renting servers is very dangerous, it means YOUR personal data will flow through them, you want that? And the biggest reason why? we will be having troubles like this for a few days a week at worst, it will calm down, this game have prolly the biggest mmo launch ever, so i`m supprised its even going this well.

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Finally someone here who speaks some sense, it's a shame GTAF is full of retarded sea urchins, and no one will ever read this.
Good work.

Thank you. At least someone notices GTAF retards asking stupid questions like realistic stake.

Sevenpatch
  • Sevenpatch

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

Next time they will, you can be last to play. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users