30 replies to this topic
Equity
  • Equity

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

I started an Online session and watched the intro etc

Spoiler
. But there is no race trigger to be seen! What can I even do? Start button doesn't do anything...

goobface
  • goobface

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

same thing happened to me

mattmason55
  • mattmason55

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

Having the same problem! Glad it's not just me, happened to me twice now!

Californiaa
  • Californiaa

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

figured it out yet?

serimos6
  • serimos6

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

Yep i just walked into that stupid race for the 3rd time and it has my screen looking at the city with annoying ass music playing, but i can't do anything. They probably shouldn't have forced every player who joins to all do the same mission at the same time...

Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

I did this, then it said "Can't connect to activity"  then I load back up and it says my character is corrupt and I had to make a new one.. I hope that doesn't happen often.

Californiaa
  • Californiaa

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

mrstattootoyou
  • mrstattootoyou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

Try restarting your console then going back on. It worked for me :)

XelsFIN
  • XelsFIN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

Same issue here

Jvaas
  • Jvaas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

same problem what the hell!?

vozone
  • vozone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

same here, I already reported it to rockstar

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

Same here, but there's no loading screen or anything. Nothing happens. If I walk away it tells me to go back, I do and nothing happens at all.
  • THE MILK MAN likes this

UserisInvalid
  • UserisInvalid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

I restarted my console and then it worked but it says waiting for other players. The guy in the black car pulls up and gets out so you can get in but now I'm waiting for other players to connect to the race I guess. Going back to sleep until rockstar gets their sh** together.

Californiaa
  • Californiaa

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

People add me on psn Californiaaa i instead of L 

Spitfirex007
  • Spitfirex007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

I am having the same issue. Not only that, but I ran into some glitch in single player where as soon as I bring up the net, it crashes and I'm left with no hud, no working phone and can't switch guys. Might be time to trade this in until Rockstar can get it's sh*t together

XBLAndross
  • XBLAndross

Rule of the Universe

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

I am having the same issue. Not only that, but I ran into some glitch in single player where as soon as I bring up the net, it crashes and I'm left with no hud, no working phone and can't switch guys. Might be time to trade this in until Rockstar can get it's sh*t together

Whoa calm your tits the online has only been out for what an hour or 2?

Californiaa
  • Californiaa

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

some people gotta go to work and been waiting to at least get past the first mission stfu

TrueElement
  • TrueElement

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

I restarted my console and then it worked but it says waiting for other players. The guy in the black car pulls up and gets out so you can get in but now I'm waiting for other players to connect to the race I guess. Going back to sleep until rockstar gets their sh** together.

Ok, so the online isnt working 100% on DAY ONE. So you're going to trade in you game for that reason.. Common sense is like non-exsistant in the forums today. People like you need to stop complaining and just deal with it until it's fixed. So stupid..

• lannydee likes this

DremoMan
  • DremoMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

I having the same problem but I can't say I didn't see this coming 

EVOAccura
  • EVOAccura

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

Same. Out of 5 people in my party, Four did it fine, except me. I'm stuck listening to them play GTAO. It's awesome.

Tomsz
  • Tomsz

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

YOU NEED TO LET THE GAME LOAD AND THEN U WILL SEE A CUTSCENE AFTER WATCHING UR CHARACTER DO NOTHING... A CUTSCENE APPEARS WITH LAMAR, BE PATIENT GIVE IT A FEW MINS TO LOAD

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

YOU NEED TO LET THE GAME LOAD AND THEN U WILL SEE A CUTSCENE AFTER WATCHING UR CHARACTER DO NOTHING... A CUTSCENE APPEARS WITH LAMAR, BE PATIENT GIVE IT A FEW MINS TO LOAD

First of all, calm down with the caps.

Second of all, its a known problem that tons of people are having, some have waited for hours.

Third, its on the bug list http://support.rocks...Latest-Updates-

Lauren-of-Lore
  • Lauren-of-Lore

Queen of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

I'm stuck here, too. Well, I was.. now I can't even get the character creation/selector menu to pull up, when I go to the GTA:O character on the character wheel I just get a black screen and nothing happens.

This is really discouraging :(

THE MILK MAN
  • THE MILK MAN

Show Them to Me!

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Same here, but there's no loading screen or anything. Nothing happens. If I walk away it tells me to go back, I do and nothing happens at all.

x2. I've even tried getting the cops after me and losing them then going back and still nothing. I had tried this earlier, and when I first got to this part it had a blue cirlce to stand in, but as soon as my guy walked there is said it couldn't connect and put my back in sp. Now I got nothing, hopefully we can get this figured out soon ha

Mathew9R
  • Mathew9R

Grumpy about EVERYTHING!

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

It's the iFruit app for the Android all over again...

mogz_cf3
  • mogz_cf3

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

I got it working, played two introduction missions then it stopped working.

Spitfirex007
  • Spitfirex007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:59 PM Edited by Spitfirex007, 01 October 2013 - 02:03 PM.

some people gotta go to work and been waiting to at least get past the first mission stfu

It took me an hour to finally get it past that stage. Once I did, it worked fine. I got about 45 mins of play time. Some minor lag, nothing major.

Now I have to go to work and won't get to play until tonight. If I decide to even keep this game. Still pissed at the fact I can't bring up my web browser without it crashing. God know when we'll get that patched.

BTW, I just switched characters then went back to my online character

Gtaplayer2013
  • Gtaplayer2013

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

Thank Jesus it's not just me. Guess it's a poor launch for rockstar . Had Virgin instal fibre optic today just for this rubbish any body found a way to make the trigger appear

chillsteppa
  • chillsteppa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:08 PM Edited by chillsteppa, 01 October 2013 - 02:09 PM.

I was having problems with the 'Go to race trigger' marker disappearing. Don't delete your character! Just restart GTA 5 and it should reappear when you go back online. Worked for me any way.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

after two and a half hours I finally got to play...well sort of. I just stood in a parking lot with nothing to do.

still waiting on the groundbreaking gameplay they overhyped. can you imagine how bad it would have been if it hadn't been pushed back until October?

• Boogieroc likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users