Photo

Auto-assist aim allowed in Deathmatch

22 replies to this topic
robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

Big mistake in my opinion. Takes a lot away when it is as easy as pressing aim+shoot with no concern about direction and aiming. I can understand when playing against AI on single player, but online?

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

ok so now that most of you have probably been playing for a bit, what are opinions on this?

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

Learn how to aim properly, or GTFO. Those are my thoughts :)

• robbo216 likes this

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

I can also be used to search for players that you might otherwise not have seen. It has pretty much made the game a totally level playing field, no matter how good or bad you are, most confrontations are 50/50s

Alsith
  • Alsith

Party!

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

Can the host somehow force Free-Aim only on the server?

I'll be a great disappointment for me if it's not, and probally for several others too.

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:42 PM Edited by Elemental716, 01 October 2013 - 06:44 PM.

I can also be used to search for players that you might otherwise not have seen. It has pretty much made the game a totally level playing field, no matter how good or bad you are, most confrontations are 50/50s

Well that sounds like complete bullsh*t.

But with the deathmatch. Is there auto aim and free aim lobbies or they all one and the same. They better not pair me up with a bunch of lock on nubs

Also "most of you" is incorrect. A very small percentage of people are actually able to play.

• Alsith likes this

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

That's good to hear, I suck at aiming

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

If there are different rooms, whatever. If free-aim users need to play in the same matches as auto-aim users, suck.

Tokc
  • Tokc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

They need to be be seperate. Or Like hardcore mode would be cool with only free aim.

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

No, there are no options for the aiming, except whatever your personal settings are on in the pause menu. So if you use free-aim then you could end up playing against 15 people who use auto-assist, in which case you'll have no chance no matter how good you are. Hope they change things.

Megusta181
  • Megusta181

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

Well, idk about you but i like to be oneshot right out of my Car while i drive near someone... 

well yeah, sarcasm

evaus
  • evaus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

No, there are no options for the aiming, except whatever your personal settings are on in the pause menu. So if you use free-aim then you could end up playing against 15 people who use auto-assist, in which case you'll have no chance no matter how good you are. Hope they change things.

Are you 100% sure about this? When I was playing online I couldn't change my aim settings, it was locked into free aim. I assumed this was because it grouped me with other free aim players. To switch aim styles I would have to leave online, switch it, and then enter a new online game 

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

Are you 100% sure about this? When I was playing online I couldn't change my aim settings, it was locked into free aim. I assumed this was because it grouped me with other free aim players. To switch aim styles I would have to leave online, switch it, and then enter a new online game 

I'm not 100% to be honest. I have hosted deathmatches and didn't have an option of aiming requirements, maybe you're right and if your settings are on free aim then it only puts you with other players who are also free aim. I'd have a look but I'm not on the game, maybe someone can check this?

Megusta181
  • Megusta181

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

I'm not 100% to be honest. I have hosted deathmatches and didn't have an option of aiming requirements, maybe you're right and if your settings are on free aim then it only puts you with other players who are also free aim. I'd have a look but I'm not on the game, maybe someone can check this?

i was able to play for like 30 minutes, all games i were in were auto aim, sadly

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:33 PM Edited by robbo216, 01 October 2013 - 07:47 PM.

I'll try and get on to check now

yeah, unfortunately using free aim makes absolutely no difference and you will still be matched against auto-aim fags. I just played and apart from 1 guy on their team who also used free-aim, I had to try to kill people from behind otherwise I had no chance and would be killed instantly.

evaus
  • evaus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

I'll try and get on to check now

yeah, unfortunately using free aim makes absolutely no difference and you will still be matched against auto-aim fags. I just played and apart from 1 guy on their team who also used free-aim, I had to try to kill people from behind otherwise I had no chance and would be killed instantly.

I hope this is a glitch or something they'll fix otherwise I have no interest in multiplayer anymore :(

ham_hands
  • ham_hands

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

I'm bummed to hear this. Thanks for the info OP. Now R* needs to make good on it's promise to listen the community and implement necessary changes. This needs to be fixed ASAP IMO.

Steverino322
  • Steverino322

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:01 PM Edited by Steverino322, 01 October 2013 - 08:08 PM.

I had a feeling this would be a problem the second I heard that rockstar were the ones hosting the servers. In GTA IV I made damn sure to turn auto aim off on my servers to avoid these exact types of situations. I really hope they come up with a solution for this.

It should drastically reduce points or negate them entirely for players who use auto-aim in competitive modes. It completely destroys the point of a competitive online match when your opponent has such a blatant game breaking handicap, especially in a game where winning actually matters if you want to rank up to unlock new content.

No offense to auto-aim users, I don't care how bad you are at aiming, aim assist has absolutely no place in online gaming. It's like playing checkers and automatically starting yourself with all kings or playing chess and automatically having a checkmate on the opponent.

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

It is essentially the same as using an aim-bot, and we all know how unpopular they are in the online-gaming world.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

I'll be sticking with races and private games until Rockstar fix this bullsh*t. Auto-aim is sh*t and takes competitive out of online games.

If you wantto use auto-aim, fair enough, play with all the other aim-botters. Why should us free-aimers be punished? GTA 4 had the settings perfect.

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Really ruining this game for me now. Just been in a mission where EVERYBODY involved died at least 10 times each (which I think costs 1,000 per death?), and the winning team only got 2,000 for winning! Anyway the only reason everybody died so much is cos of aim-assist, you couldn't move more than 2 steps without someone locking on and killing you, and with everyone respawning in the exact same area it was just a total mess.

split_lip
  • split_lip

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

Please fix this R*.

I play free aim always, last night in deathmatches I was getting my ass kicked, thought the dude was cheating. Guess they are mixing auto and free aimers then? sh*tTY!

bbanko
  • bbanko

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

I like auto-aim for the simple fact that when you aim, the white dot is nearly impossible to see in order to know where youre aiming. Its tiny and white. Especially if once you aim its casted on a white background. Auto-aim is in and out depending on where you have your character looking. Ive hit auto aim and end up shooting at the sky anyway. So sometimes it hurts you more than it helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users