» «
Photo

Patch notes for new update?

24 replies to this topic
Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:20 AM Edited by Virazol, 04 October 2013 - 08:32 PM.

Does anyone know the patch notes for the new update?  I'm curious to know what they changed / fixed.

EDIT: There was a new update for me today 10/4/13

• C4-_-GIBBfather likes this

C4-_-GIBBfather
  • C4-_-GIBBfather

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

Me to. Guess we will never see some notes tho :(

stevieV
  • stevieV

I dont even know no loud craaaash

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

I would hazard a guess that it's just to do with the online portion.

xX-EmptyClip-Xx
  • xX-EmptyClip-Xx

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

Well they certainly never fixed disappearing cars from garages just lost 2 cars testing to see if it was fixed.  So this patch must only be for online stuff

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

Give the SP stuff time. They arent going to have fixes for minor annoyances this quickly.

The game is still playable and the majority of the bugs are easily beatable/avoidable or simply dont prevent you from playing the game itself.

Expect to see the patch for SP in about another 2-3 weeks.

• frenzypsycho likes this

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

Give the SP stuff time. They arent going to have fixes for minor annoyances this quickly.

The game is still playable and the majority of the bugs are easily beatable/avoidable or simply dont prevent you from playing the game itself.

I will have 100%-ed the game long before then and gone back to GTA IV.

Scar3dGam3r
  • Scar3dGam3r

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

And f*ckin' stay there. 

• frenzypsycho likes this

KYScout
  • KYScout

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

And f*ckin' stay there. 

I 2nd that, just more bandwidth for us GTA5 enthusiasts.

PanicButton
  • PanicButton

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

i will relist

Lcs changes (name of car in GTA text when you enter, graph improvements)

Higher car damage

phone list changes

map changes ( POI )

so far

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:45 PM Edited by BlaineCountyHooker, 01 October 2013 - 01:46 PM.

i will relist

Higher car damage

phone list changes

map changes ( POI )

so far

Higher car damage as in..? kinda like 4 again? :) please explain

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

Johanna Marston

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

i will relist

Higher car damage

phone list changes

map changes ( POI )

so far

I hope not. I don't want to DOWNGRADE IT.and I don't want my car to get easily damaged.

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

Johanna Marston

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

i will relist

Higher car damage

phone list changes

map changes ( POI )

so far

I don't want them to downgrade it just for UNEDUCATED, DUMB MORONS like you who can't tell w/c is better just because cars in GTA 5 take a long time to get damaged.

Try driving your car towards an oncoming train, FFS!

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

i will relist

Higher car damage

phone list changes

map changes ( POI )

so far

I hope not. I don't want to DOWNGRADE IT.and I don't want my car to get easily damaged.

Well not necessarily getting damaged as quick as 4, but I want my car to be able to look like 4 before it explodes of damage, cause in this one it seems alot lesser, but go punch your car and the damage is THERE. I want that

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

i will relist

Higher car damage

phone list changes

map changes ( POI )

so far

I don't want them to downgrade it just for UNEDUCATED, DUMB MORONS like you who can't tell w/c is better just because cars in GTA 5 take a long time to get damaged.

Try driving your car towards an oncoming train, FFS!

Go f*ck yourself, buddy. God damn fists do more damage then a 100 mph head on crash so you can call me uneducated cause I think the car damage was dubbed down for little kids like you. They put armor in the game so why the f*ck not make car damage MORE damaging then IV? 

• namor likes this

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

I keep hearing about cars not getting damaged, and yet I have seen frame damage, dents, crumpled panels and other appearance changes. Most of these also effect handling in some form.

• Hamsterbaffle likes this

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

And f*ckin' stay there. 

I 2nd that, just more bandwidth for us GTA5 enthusiasts.

^ two of the very many reasons that I have never bothered with Multiplayer or subscribed to XBox Live Gold. Given that if the above two examples of congenital idiocy had even bothered to read and uderstand my comment, they would have realised that I was referring to the Single Player. Never underestimate the stupidity of those with the emotional and psychological development of pre-pubescent teenagers.

• The Wooden Mask likes this

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

I keep hearing about cars not getting damaged, and yet I have seen frame damage, dents, crumpled panels and other appearance changes. Most of these also effect handling in some form.

I want to have actual fun seeing my car get damaged when I drive it off chilliad or any other mountain, Just got done driving a 9f off chilliad and my car shouldnt only have a partially sh*tty looking carved in right bumper and alot of scratches.. if it was IV this car would have had huge dents EVERYWHERE and would have been alot more enjoyable, for all you assholes saying that you dont want a downgrade, go buy body armor and there you go. Everyone would be happy. Im sure they did patch it somewhat cause it was a little ridiculous .

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

I want to have actual fun seeing my car get damaged when I drive it off chilliad or any other mountain, Just got done driving a 9f off chilliad and my car shouldnt only have a partially sh*tty looking carved in right bumper and alot of scratches.. if it was IV this car would have had huge dents EVERYWHERE and would have been alot more enjoyable, for all you assholes saying that you dont want a downgrade, go buy body armor and there you go. Everyone would be happy. Im sure they did patch it somewhat cause it was a little ridiculous .

Considering the damage for V is different then IV..And its already in game. And probably not able to be changed now that its launched. Youre stuck with it.

And majority rules. If the majority actually had anything to do with Rockstars decision to 'dumbdown' the damage.

Personally I think they made the decision on their own. They seem to ignore a lot of what the playerbase is looking for while adding what they perceive to be best for us. As for the damage issue. I personally like this one more then IV. IV was the complete opposite of this. You had a small fenderbender and you were looking at gnarly front end damage. It was like the cars were made out of the aluminum foil you find in the kitchen.

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

Considering the damage for V is different then IV..And its already in game. And probably not able to be changed now that its launched. Youre stuck with it.

And majority rules. If the majority actually had anything to do with Rockstars decision to 'dumbdown' the damage.

Personally I think they made the decision on their own. They seem to ignore a lot of what the playerbase is looking for while adding what they perceive to be best for us. As for the damage issue. I personally like this one more then IV. IV was the complete opposite of this. You had a small fenderbender and you were looking at gnarly front end damage. It was like the cars were made out of the aluminum foil you find in the kitchen.

Have you seen a car crash in real life? In IV it was still like cars were armored. In this one they are armored tanks. IV was a little realistic this one is just out of the door. Im sick of talking about car damage though I want to know the IMPROVEMENTS. 

kotaco
  • kotaco

Clan mXm

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

Have you seen a car crash in real life? In IV it was still like cars were armored. In this one they are armored tanks. IV was a little realistic this one is just out of the door. Im sick of talking about car damage though I want to know the IMPROVEMENTS. 

The damange in V as far as looks go isn't too far off from real life in most aspects, I can agree there. The mechanisms and force doesn't always add up to the correct end result though, but that doesn't bother me much.

As far as the guy saying cars looking like there were made out of aluminum foil.. well, its not far off. Cars aren't built solid anymore, they are also designed with "crumple zones" that are meant to, well, "crumple" upon impact to dissipate the force of the impact into that zone away from the driver reducing severity of injury. So there's a reason for that.

HeisenbergKingofKings
  • HeisenbergKingofKings

I eat hipsters for fun!

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:52 PM Edited by HeisenbergKingofKings, 01 October 2013 - 05:54 PM.

I would guess a patch for SP would be in about 3 weeks? 4? Online will be different though...

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:53 PM Edited by BlaineCountyHooker, 01 October 2013 - 05:54 PM.

The damange in V as far as looks go isn't too far off from real life in most aspects, I can agree there. The mechanisms and force doesn't always add up to the correct end result though, but that doesn't bother me much.

As far as the guy saying cars looking like there were made out of aluminum foil.. well, its not far off. Cars aren't built solid anymore, they are also designed with "crumple zones" that are meant to, well, "crumple" upon impact to dissipate the force of the impact into that zone away from the driver reducing severity of injury. So there's a reason for that.

I will agree that after awhile, cars can look worse then IV. But it either takes, fists, a train, or really good accidents that dont lock up your tires cause after that, its hard to damage the car any further. 

Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

BUMP Since there was just another update.

dryim90
  • dryim90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

http://www.rockstarg...te-details.html

Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

That's what it said for the last update