Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAO, stuck on first mission?(wont load)

105 replies to this topic
NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

I expected more from Rockstar...something so basic and EARLY AS POSSIBLE (not just early) as this.... Now, GTA V is fantastic, and I love Rockstar, but seriously...

Lol some of you kids are so f*cking annoying. How did some of you guys HONESTLY not see this coming even when Rockstar warned you?

Go to school and come back later tonight and it'll be working.

You're insulting me and calling me the kid? Classic. 

Because adults have never been known to insult. 
What kind of f*cking logic are you using?

I'd be happy to accept you're an immature adult in that case, buddy. People are complaining and they have a right to f*cking complain: an obvious issue is happening that Rockstar could have averted and it's inconvenienced people who were not only exited to play when available, they've been waiting for a long time.

Now, I'm fine with waiting, but Rockstar has disappointed us as they created a commitment which many people who're adults - requiring schedules to carefully plan their time - thought would be REASONABLY honored beyond standard excuses of, "We are sorry if the worst case scenario happens".

exe_order_66
  • exe_order_66

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

I expected more from Rockstar...something so basic and EARLY AS POSSIBLE (not just early) as this.... Now, GTA V is fantastic, and I love Rockstar, but seriously...

Lol some of you kids are so f*cking annoying. How did some of you guys HONESTLY not see this coming even when Rockstar warned you?

You're insulting me and calling me the kid? Classic. 

Because adults have never been known to insult. 
What kind of f*cking logic are you using?

I'd be happy to accept you're an immature adult in that case, buddy. People are complaining and they have a right to f*cking complain: an obvious issue is happening that Rockstar could have averted and it's inconvenienced people who were not only exited to play when available, they've been waiting for a long time.

Now, I'm fine with waiting, but Rockstar has disappointed us as they created a commitment which many people who're adults - requiring schedules to carefully plan their time - thought would be REASONABLY honored beyond standard excuses of, "We are sorry if the worst case scenario happens".

Plus it's not even 3pm when all the kids start getting out from school, high school. nyc alone is like what 1-3 million plus?

zparry
  • zparry

The only thing I can't stand is stupid people

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

Let me tell you im off from work. I'm a grown adult and like i said before rockstar should have been ready for this situation. they had more than a whole month to fix the online component of the GTA online. Whether that means creating patches fixing bugs or increasing servers. 

It's funny I never have any problems playing any Call of Duty game, joining a game if my connection is strong. Rockstar says they are launching a online game which 17 million people brought. ok so by that estimate that more than enough time to have enough servers ready. and They only launched for the XBOX! unbelievable. 

C'mon I call it like i see it. rockstar dropped the ball.. they should have been ready.

You're a f*cking idiot. Is call of duty an open world game? NO. You call them like you see them huh? Problem is you don't KNOW sh*t. Go on Rockstars site and come back when you've read the blog about the online release. Rockstar was prepared for this and knew server problems would happen. There's only so much preparing you can do when they don't have experience In a launch of this scale. Grow the f*ck up and go back to work.
  • kotaco likes this

zparry
  • zparry

• Members

Let me tell you im off from work. I'm a grown adult and like i said before rockstar should have been ready for this situation. they had more than a whole month to fix the online component of the GTA online. Whether that means creating patches fixing bugs or increasing servers. 

It's funny I never have any problems playing any Call of Duty game, joining a game if my connection is strong. Rockstar says they are launching a online game which 17 million people brought. ok so by that estimate that more than enough time to have enough servers ready. and They only launched for the XBOX! unbelievable. 

C'mon I call it like i see it. rockstar dropped the ball.. they should have been ready.

You're a f*cking idiot. Is call of duty an open world game? NO. You call them like you see them huh? Problem is you don't KNOW sh*t. Go on Rockstars site and come back when you've read the blog about the online release. Rockstar was prepared for this and knew server problems would happen. There's only so much preparing you can do when they don't have experience In a launch of this scale. Grow the f*ck up and go back to work.
  • mikekolesar likes this

zparry
  • zparry

• Members

zparry
  • zparry

• Members

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

Why all the hate guys? Jesus christ, calm the fk down and have a normal discussion. Maybe is because of everyone trying to play at the same time, i am gonna do an invite only with friends i guess.

are you f*ckin serious? ive been waiting to play gta O because gta sp was such a failure and currently my online first mission just says Launching Session...

exe_order_66
  • exe_order_66

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

Open world, closed world.  the release is sloppy... no need to call me a f*cking idiot. people who do big projects spends months on analysis, projections, estimates. they knew it was coming and yet was ill prepared. it still doesnt answer the question that the same amount of people who play COD on their servers have little to no problems on launch day, while Rockstar had a month plus in advance to take care of this... 

exe_order_66
  • exe_order_66

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

3uzhtb.jpg

Devilice34
  • Devilice34

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

i can join solo but freeze at car part but on the invite only or closed i can play no problem but cant do no f*cking jobs or rob stores just give 4 guns shops 2 paint shops and thats it

Wolfwood428
  • Wolfwood428

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

all these Xbox server problems or whatever is going on.

Im just hopeing us Ps3 users dont expect the same problems.

It's much worse... I can't even get to the EULA.... I can at least make my Character on my 360 =/ gonna try my PS3 again though.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

Cant start race. I R pissed.. Srsly though they shoulda released slowly rather than make a big bang like they always do.. whatevs.

Revell
  • Revell

Valiant Thor

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:08 PM Edited by Revell, 01 October 2013 - 06:09 PM.

Fixed mine by going to Invite Players or friends (something like that) session and it worked for me, I only raced Lamar.

drinkbleach
  • drinkbleach

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

f*ck rockstar, theyre overrated anyway

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Angels of Death MC
  • Scotland

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

Still stuck. Luckily I'm away for a few days from Thursday so by the time I come back it should be working.... hopefully. 

Rockstar should have seen this coming a mile off. They said they underestimated how big it was gonna be? It's GTA 5! Of course it was gonna be huge at release. They were naive. 

Warpath22
  • Warpath22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Honestly i was expecting it to be buggy the first week or so..But i didnt think on the first damn mission! Holy f*ck I hardly made it out the cutscene sh*t is already f*cked up!

ibumiam
  • ibumiam

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

it may be due to your xbox model.....i was having the same issue. i have the xbox elite that came without the harddrive and my roommate has the elite model that came with the 250gb so i swapped out the harddrives and wala! it started working

E30TYLEE
  • E30TYLEE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

To do a solo session, got to "play gta online now" under the online section. Seperate menu pops up and solo session is on the bottom

Silakai
  • Silakai

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

They knew the servers would experience much pressure - why not prepare for it? It's like knowing a DDoS will happen to a websnite and doing nothing...when it's a special anniversary day of the site, except...this is the launch..where first impressions happen.

Actually, the server load has exceeded their expectations. More people bought the game in the first three days than they expected in the first three months. They're having to buy new servers and get everything working on a much larger scale than they ever expected. They're probably completely overwhelmed at this point. Not to mention that this is the first time rockstar has done any online mmo game of this magnitude before. I'm sure they'll get it all figured out and catch up to the demand soon.

jjkdragon
  • jjkdragon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

You can not expect Rock star to be able to be 100% ready for everyone to be on at the same time. Especially when they already spent large amounts of money on the game. In order to put the amount in perspective, metro.us says that GTA V is the most expensive game to create of all time. Knowing this you can have some empathy because it must be hard enough to deal with as it is without all of us breathing down there neck.

ihatesmart@sses
  • ihatesmart@sses

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

I hear you guys same here cant join .. i hope yall get a good answer with out all this smart ass talk .. not going to mention any names WildTurkyMcgee..

WildTurke

joshdamonkeyman
  • joshdamonkeyman

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

Saaame. "Loading session". If I restart the game will I lose my character that I just made, or will it start me at the first race and try to log me into a different session?

No. It'll start you on this race that won't load again.

its deleted my character twice and i cant start the mission..it tells me to do it but there is no marker to stand in...fu cockstar

oconnor1991
  • oconnor1991

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

I restarted it and didnt lose my player and it worked for a second and then stopped

Ulfhethnar
  • Ulfhethnar

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:18 AM Edited by Ulfhethnar, 02 October 2013 - 12:20 AM.

The f*cking US government shut down to play this game and it is broken!

They knew the servers would experience much pressure - why not prepare for it? It's like knowing a DDoS will happen to a websnite and doing nothing...when it's a special anniversary day of the site, except...this is the launch..where first impressions happen.

Actually, the server load has exceeded their expectations. More people bought the game in the first three days than they expected in the first three months. They're having to buy new servers and get everything working on a much larger scale than they ever expected. They're probably completely overwhelmed at this point. Not to mention that this is the first time rockstar has done any online mmo game of this magnitude before. I'm sure they'll get it all figured out and catch up to the demand soon.

Well that actually makes sense.  Also, from the movie before the loading screen and character creation, online play looks like it will be awesome.  Sports will still be very lame though.

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

Over 14 hours and this problem is still happening. They better be working overnight...

I understand they have a lot of bugs due to the size of the game and the complexity of thousands using GTAO, but c'mon, the first mission, really? And they don't even allow you to go exploring, rather your character is stuck in a segment where you have to complete this to play the game.

Steverino322
  • Steverino322

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:42 AM

lol I still can't even do the first race, solo session gives me "Failed to start activity" as soon as that guy drives up to me in a car and trying to do an online race doesn't even let me get that far, tells me it couldn't connect to online and boots me back to SP.

I think they made a bad choice having even solo sessions run off their servers, because now people can't even play alone due to the immense strain being put on them. I'd at least like to roam around by myself to see what all (if anything) is changed in MP but I can't get past the race to even do that.

UnInC
  • UnInC

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:09 AM

Yeah I'm still stuck on the first mission. Seems like lots of people are having this problem. Anyone have any ideas?

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:14 AM

Yeah I'm still stuck on the first mission. Seems like lots of people are having this problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Wait it out dude. Once you get past that first big huge ginormous hump its usually pretty smooth.

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Angels of Death MC
  • Scotland

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

I just gave it a go before I headed to work and got in. Looks like they've made a change to the first mission as it no longer says 1-8 but 1-2. Just in case, I've left my character in stealth and passive mode and on a roof. He should be safe until lunch.

• Browntrout79 likes this

coolmusicbro
  • coolmusicbro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

How to fix First Race Bug on Xbox 360. 
1. start game in story mode.
2. launch online mode under solo mission mode. 
3. save game using cloud storage.
4. Enjoy GTAO
5. Some online missions may still be bugged for those you will have to wait for RG to fix but at least you get to play with your friends. I personally haven't experienced this my friends have been complaining about missions failing as soon as they accept them.
Note: If game freezes after completing the race (which you will know after you are asked to press continue and a orange spiral spins for 5 seconds and disappears then all you hear is traffic noises) restart your game. 
When you go back into online mode you will be on the next part of the mission where you meet up with Lamar again.
Note:(This is only if your game freezes after during the start of the race again) Delete your character then repeat steps 1-3. This has worked for me and 10 of my friends so far.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users