» «
Photo

You're Going To Hate GTA Online

60 replies to this topic
Wreck It Ralph
  • Wreck It Ralph

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:42 AM Edited by Wreck It Ralph, 01 October 2013 - 09:54 AM.

I think its important that you guys read this before playing GTA Online.

For the first few hours of playing GTA Online you are going to hate it. I can already see the backlash that will ensue.

You dont have any guns, and you dont have a safe house. You dont even have a car.

You will probably steal the first decent ride you see to get you on your way, but you will get a wanted level the moment the cops see you in the stolen vehicle.

You can spray paint a car after you steal it so that you dont get a wanted level anymore, but the moment you do a mission the car disappears and you are forced to steal and respray another one.

It becomes really tedious when you want to simply get from point A to point B but you cant do what GTA is all about, steal someones ride and take it where you need to go.

You will probably be smart enough to get a gps tracker for one of the cars you steal, so that its location is always shown on the map, and it wont disappear. Unfortunately, the first time your newly tracked car in on the opposite side of town you will be left with no option but to resort to square one to get it back.

You will probably steal a car to get back to your tracked vehicle, and catch a wanted level on the way there. When you finally reach your vehicle you notice its still damaged to all hell from the last accident you were in. So as you attempt to flee the police in this half measure car you will most likely get killed. 

To add insult to injury you will be notified that your tracked car was now impounded and will be destroyed if you dont steal it back.

WTF! All you want to do is play the god damn game.

GTA Online is not the GTA game we have all become so accustomed to. You cant get away with playing the way you normally do, without catching alot of flak. But if you can make some minor adjustments to your playing habits, you will really enjoy what GTA Online has to offer.

I have some tips that will really help you guys get over this initial annoyance. Follow this advice and the transition wont be as painful for you as it was for me and others.

TL;DR-Read these four tips

• Your first priority should be to find a car you like and get a tracker put on it in LS customs. Be mindful where you leave it though, because you will be walking back to get it.
  • Your second and most important priority is to save up money to buy the first garage you can afford. When you buy a garage, not only can you store cars, but cars you put in your garage will automatically be given trackers, and wont alert the police anymore. You will also be able to have your car delivered to you by a phone call. Everytime the car is garaged, or delivered to you it will be repaired. All of this is thanks to your garage mechanic that comes with every garage/safehouse at a reoccuring charge that is more than worth it.
  • Set access to your vehicle through the inventory menu. You can determine who is able to drive your car. All players, Only friends, Only crew members, or just you. Definitely dont do all players unless you want to go searching for a new car.
  • Buy any mask available ASAP. When you have a wanted level, if you break the line of site and toggle your mask from the inventory, it will drop off a star. By "toggle" I mean, if the cops saw you with a mask on, then take it off. If they saw you without a mask, then put one on. It works either way as long as you break line of site before you do it. This doesnt work with one star however. 

As silly as these few things may seem I can promise you that these things are going to frustrate many players. Alot of people will pull their hair out over the simple desire to drive across the map, but if you do these things you will minimize these issues, and become aquanted with the way GTA Online works much sooner. GTA Online is amazing, and provides such a fine tuned experience that most of us have been begging for forever. But knowing how unforgiving this community can be of change, I thought I could help ease some of the intial issues with some tips that helped me out.

If you are forced the steal a car the make comes in handy. 

Dont worry about the money you spent on the garage. When you go to purchase a safehouse or another garage, it will ask you to sell the one you already own, giving you almost all of what you paid for it back.

• archiebunker, AusyAndy and LeAristocrat like this

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

tl;dr

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:45 AM Edited by El Tel, 01 October 2013 - 09:45 AM.

A little tip, your tl;dr shouldn't be longer than your actual post.

Slippery Gypsy
  • Slippery Gypsy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

Regarding the cars isn't that how its been in gta 4? not a problem to me.

ZRose
  • ZRose

THE ONE

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

f9a86baa4bacf4cc48216e2afe3fa1b0.gif

Booya818
  • Booya818

Firestarter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

Sounds awesome to me

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Unless you want to be dealt with cut the TL;DR crap. Its considered spam and is against the rules

jonkoroken420
  • jonkoroken420

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:47 AM Edited by jonkoroken420, 01 October 2013 - 09:47 AM.

Just because you can name some bad points (On your opinion bad) doesn't mean we're gonna hate gtaOnline.

mufc786
  • mufc786

GTA V Addict

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:47 AM Edited by mufc786, 01 October 2013 - 09:48 AM.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

No safehouse? WTF

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

@Vercetti Estate

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

I think its important that you guys read this before playing GTA Online.

For the first few hours of playing GTA Online you are going to hate it. I can already see the backlash that will ensue.

You dont have any guns, and you dont have a safe house. You dont even have a car.

You will probably steal the first decent ride you see to get you on your way, but you will get a wanted level the moment the cops see you in the stolen vehicle.

You can spray paint a car after you steal it so that you dont get a wanted level anymore, but the moment you do a mission the car disappears and you are forced to steal and respray another one.

It becomes really tedious when you want to simply get from point A to point B but you cant do what GTA is all about, steal someones ride and take it where you need to go.

You will probably be smart enough to get a gps tracker for one of the cars you steal, so that its location is always shown on the map, and it wont disappear. Unfortunately, the first time your newly tracked car in on the opposite side of town you will be left with no option but to resort to square one to get it back.

You will probably steal a car to get back to your tracked vehicle, and catch a wanted level on the way there. When you finally reach your vehicle you notice its still damaged to all hell from the last accident you were in. So as you attempt to flee the police in this half measure car you will most likely get killed. 

To add insult to injury you will be notified that your tracked car was now impounded and will be destroyed if you dont steal it back.

WTF! All you want to do is play the god damn game.

TL;DR

GTA Online is not the GTA game we have all become so accustomed to. You cant get away with playing the way you normally do, without catching alot of flak. But if you can make some minor adjustments to your playing habits, you will really enjoy what GTA Online has to offer.

I have some tips that will really help you guys get over this initial annoyance. Follow this advice and the transition wont be as painful for you as it was for me and others.

• Your first priority should be to find a car you like and get a tracker put on it in LS customs. Be mindful where you leave it though, because you will be walking back to get it.
  • Your second and most important priority is to save up money to buy the first garage you can afford. When you buy a garage, not only can you store cars, but cars you put in your garage will automatically be given trackers, and wont alert the police anymore. You will also be able to have your car delivered to you by a phone call. Everytime the car is garaged, or delivered to you it will be repaired. All of this is thanks to your garage mechanic that comes with every garage/safehouse at a reoccuring charge that is more than worth it.
  • Set access to your vehicle through the inventory menu. You can determine who is able to drive your car. All players, Only friends, Only crew members, or just you. Definitely dont do all players unless you want to go searching for a new car.
  • Buy any mask available ASAP. When you have a wanted level, if you break the line of site and toggle your mask from the inventory, it will drop off a star. By "toggle" I mean, if the cops saw you with a mask on, then take it off. If they saw you without a mask, then put one on. It works either way as long as you break line of site before you do it. This doesnt work with one star however. 

As silly as these few things may seem I can promise you that these things are going to frustrate many players. Alot of people will pull their hair out over the simple desire to drive across the map, but if you do these things you will minimize these issues, and become aquanted with the way GTA Online works much sooner.

If you are forced the steal a car the make comes in handy. 

Dont worry about the money you spent on the garage. When you go to purchase a safehouse or another garage, it will ask you to sell the one you already own, giving you almost all of what you paid for it back.

I wil read all soon but wtf is this you can OWN ONE PROPERTY AND GARAGE AND SELL the OLD to get a NEW ONE??? WTF

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

tl;dr longer than the post, lol

pazza1973
  • pazza1973

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

The first word in the title should read "You're" not "Your". Go back to school and stop playing video games...

nruhdal
  • nruhdal

a.k.a Relaxi

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:49 AM Edited by nruhdal, 01 October 2013 - 09:50 AM.

Anybody who is connected to Social Club gets access to the Elegy... What was the problem again?

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

Sounds awesome to me, who want that lame "Everything should be piss easy, steal whatever car you want with no consequences, and it follows you around like a horse" anyways.

This gaming generation, sheeeez. Shooo i say, SHOO!

• EyeMacHunt likes this

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

I know it might be difficult for some of you guys to see the point of this guys topic, but if you took the time to read more than 5 words you would realize he is just trying to prepare you for the adjustments your going to have to make to get used to online compared the the single player.

I agree with alot of his points as I played the game early. It can be frustrating for some people to get used to at first. If you dont think so then lets just wait and see how many complaint topics show up withint the next 8 hours.

• blackbriar likes this

hallkjell
  • hallkjell

High roller

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

If GTA: O really is the way OP describes it, it's going to be AWESOME! You really need to take care of your car and not just drive like a madman, and life will be hard! Love it!

goobface
  • goobface

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

tl;dr the OP doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're" so how are you supposed to take him seriously 

Wreck It Ralph
  • Wreck It Ralph

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

I added this to the OP since alot of people missed the point I was trying to make.

GTA Online is amazing, and provides such a fine tuned experience that most of us have been begging for forever. But knowing how unforgiving this community can be of change, I thought I could help ease some of the intial issues with some tips that helped me out.

As far as the Elegy, I was unable to utilize that perk as I was playing a beta version of the game. But none the less, these tips should help set the mental framework for how things work in online. Hope you guys have a blast

hallkjell
  • hallkjell

High roller

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

tl;dr the OP doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're" so how are you supposed to take him seriously 

Your question lacks a question mark, and you can still understand his points and tips even though he has typos.

Hugef1
  • Hugef1

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

If GTA: O really is the way OP describes it, it's going to be AWESOME! You really need to take care of your car and not just drive like a madman, and life will be hard! Love it!

This.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Its funny how a thoughtful post can be condemned because it is greater than 15 words long and has a common spelling error in the title.

Well I fixed the title, so stop being a bunch of tight asses about it

• blackbriar and OldSwitcheroo like this

2gutta
  • 2gutta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

Thanks for the info

ShaunBowers
  • ShaunBowers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

And how do you know all this exactly? Source.

mdudee2072
  • mdudee2072

Rat

• Members

didnt really start GTA V SP with a gun :p
unless you had the DLC weapons and went ammunation

zakace
  • zakace

Foot Soldier

• Members

Thanks for those 4 tips :) 

scipio1st
  • scipio1st

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

Well I got my first car from Lemar to do a race and he let me keep it afterwards. So this OP is a troll.... Probably not even played GTAO yet.

Old_BenKenobi
  • Old_BenKenobi

Just a crazy old man.

• Members

That sounds really badass. It seems like it's a more hardcore version of the game. The focus on progress almost makes it sound RPG-ish.

skinku
  • skinku

Where are my f*cking arms?

• Members

Thanks WiR, appreciate your effort.

Ignore the haters.

Sounds great.

Stanyer
  • Stanyer

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

And how do you know all this exactly? Source.

Maybe he's playing it?

Smart one you are

• JonRenemy likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users