Photo

GTA: Online - First Impressions

100 replies to this topic
kboyrulez12345
  • kboyrulez12345

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

Was playing a few minutes ago. Everything was working fine apart from the server issues, which I was really disappointed with since I was looking forward to joining my crew. I played a Deathmatch and everything was working fine there.

As for character customization, now that I think about it, they all did look the same. I agree that Rockstar should work on that. Overall these kind of things(except for character customization) were to be expected since this is the first time Rockstar is doing this. Gonna get back online when server issues are fixed though.

Stanyer
  • Stanyer

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

R* Servers aren't having a good time are they?

Can't even connect to the social club I cant imagine the gameplays good at the min, if there is any...

Bathplug
  • Bathplug

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

Character customization stupid and crap.

badmoon446
  • badmoon446

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

the in game job selection thing still seems to be "broken" but other than that its pretty cool!

Im just running around holding up stores and making some money while they "fix" things!

shamalpilot
  • shamalpilot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

Its fun I'm level 3 robbed a store got my first car now I'm freeroaming with a friend give it time it will get better

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

Hmmmm I'd love to give my first impressions except I can't even get past character creation in Online.

So my first impressions are this is a joke and pathetic. They had two weeks to prepare for this knowing how heavy a server load to expect, before that they had years to prepare knowing how popular the game is.

This is not "growing-pains" or "hiccups". This is pathetic and I bet you most of us will go the entire day without playing because we all know how quickly R* fixes issues like this.

GG, R*. 10/10 would believe again.

gtamann
  • gtamann

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

was fun in the beginning but after I robbed a store and was heading to mod my vehichle.. I get a server kick and of course  my save file was Corrupt.... so over all 3/10

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

I am very impressed, the intro was amazing, the fact that it's obvious you get different dialogue if you pick a male or female matters.

Character creator was kinda freaking weird and didn't see the purpose of the parents besides the similarities in looks.

Opening credits had more pop ups than I ever experienced in the single player mode, I can't even play the first race because of server issues, even though I'm playing solo mode.

I'd give it a 9.9/10, obviously the best launch in history, even better than Simcity 

Captain Revenge
  • Captain Revenge

POGO The Wonder Monkey

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

Not impressed, they must have had a lot of liquid business lunches working on the GTA 5 online project. Been waiting 2 years for this game. The 1st disappointment came 2 weeks ago when after all that pre paid hype and finding out no online play for 2 weeks, something Rockstar and Game Stop kept to themselves. Now online is here and the only thing we can do is detail a character who will then be corrupted in a bad way and u get to start again, give me the private Free Roam with all the planes, jets and blimps and lets get on with it, this is fastly approaching disappointment number 2. to the point of loading GTA 4 and playing that multiplayer if it still works.

jman1954goat
  • jman1954goat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Not impressed, they must have had a lot of liquid business lunches working on the GTA 5 online project. Been waiting 2 years for this game. The 1st disappointment came 2 weeks ago when after all that pre paid hype and finding out no online play for 2 weeks, something Rockstar and Game Stop kept to themselves. Now online is here and the only thing we can do is detail a character who will then be corrupted in a bad way and u get to start again, give me the private Free Roam with all the planes, jets and blimps and lets get on with it, this is fastly approaching disappointment number 2. to the point of loading GTA 4 and playing that multiplayer if it still works.

keep to themselves when gta online was first announced a month ago we knew it would be october 1st after gta5s launch

Spitfirex007
  • Spitfirex007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

After an hour of trying, I finally got the race to work. After that it's kind of cool. After the first team mission, we were told to go buy new gear. As I was shopping, some dude started shooting up the store. He jumped in his car to try and leave, but myself and one other dude shot and killed him. We jumped in a car and just drove around for a min.

I went to join the last man standing mission and it some weird glitch appeared. All I could see what the ground. Some dude rolled up and killed everyone in the marker. By that point I had GPS on my car. Once I came back to life after the 1 or so long cut scene explaining passive mode. I found my car ditched in an alley all banged up. Apparently someone stole it and took it for a joy ride.

As I was pulling into LSC to get it fixed, some dude came from behind me and killed me. So we did the one on one death match mode. That was fun! But it gave away the players position. Kind of made it a bit cheesy.

Then I went to rob a gas station. I waited in the car while the other player held the place up. The cops seemed to be able to find us no matter where I went. Which was frustrating. I hide in some back alleys, they'd find me, I'd hide again. After about 4 mins of this, they killed me with a single bullet to the head.

I drove around and bit after that and quit. Have to get ready for work. I didn't see many options for missions. The only mission marker that does show up is the last man standing one. Which requires 2+ players and the server won't load when you enter it.

I'll be back on tonight. So far it seems alright. Nothing amazing! But after you create you goofy looking character get past the BS with the race marker, It's not half bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users