GTA: Online - First Impressions

100 replies to this topic
blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

Guys chill Rockstar told us that everything will change when they hear feedback from us. And why are people doing races before their apartment etc lol

because Lemar to a parking lot and said "you're going to race" and i can't join friends games until i finish the tutuorial.

Spoiler

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

the streamers on twitch dont seem to be having a problem tho! :(

They never do

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

1094438_643068109059136_899380837_o.jpg

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

Yeah I was about to do a deathmatch and then lost connection to online, haven't been able to connect since. I have a feeling it's going to be like this for quite a while

slydog
  • slydog

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

Yeah I think the servers just crashed it seems from what I played that there is a tonne of variety however it seems you will need to play a tonne just to get an extended mag for your pistol was only getting around $1500 for a job won. The lag is evident and there is a significant decrease in texture quality as well as pop in. Also only pistols so far as it seems you have to purchase ammo, upgrades and rank up to earn new stuff. Trying to figure when most stuff unlocks.

bensons
  • bensons

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

Badd textures.. character creation is a pain if you're trying to go for a certain look. Everything looks hispanic to me lol.

Dang, I hope you can get your Handsome Luke and the Heartthrobs look down:)

hadrianswall
  • hadrianswall

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

servers keep crashing , locking up my 360, going to leave it for a while 

line of chop
  • line of chop

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

cant evn get online, all the money they have earned from this game and the servers are f*cked. f*ck rockstar i hope sam houser dies of cancer

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

cant evn get online, all the money they have earned from this game and the servers are f*cked. f*ck rockstar i hope sam houser dies of cancer

Whoah buddy. I think it's time you take a break from the computer and video games.

• EyeMacHunt likes this

Vexikuri
  • Vexikuri

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

Well just after 

Spoiler
drops you off for your first race or whatever ive been sat on waiting for other players for like 5 minutes -_-

I'm going through the same thing, just standing here.

tooformay
  • tooformay

master of corny jokes

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

I created first character. Watched 5 minutes of cutscenes which I couldn't skip. After I get to control my guy the game sent me back to the single player. Tried again with Invite Only, now I couldn't even connect to the servers. Tried again and the game made me make new character. Made it and went to Solo. Watched same cutscenes again just to see "failed to host job or activity" and the game freezed seconds after that.

f*ck it, Let's see if it works next week.  :v:

Lisha
  • Lisha

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

It's good for me, I think I was just lucky because apart from a little glitch at the beginning... everything's been good so far.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

Meh, IVs character system was much much better. The males look damn old (yes, I know, you can enter the age, but still) and the females look too masculine...

K.Walters
  • K.Walters

Keep calm and facepalm

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

A bit terrible. Loading take to damn long (like 3-5 minutes it`s just sitting there and loading). + the constant disconnecting from sessions. 

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

Oh dear lord, lots of pop in?

Watch the intro cutscene. Pop in is awful.

Craftyxl
  • Craftyxl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

keeps saying servers are down

ElementL09
  • ElementL09

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

First impressions from what I've played:

Character creation was interesting, creating characters based on heritage is a real interesting concept.

The game is seemingly seemless, in the way of who you can interact with and what you can do.  Its so similar to the Story.

When I was looking for players to race with, it took some time, but eventually I got a person and we race.  How you create your characters lifestyle which infleunces stats really show.  The guy I was racing with smoked me, but when we did a drug running mission, I was the better shooter.  Cutscenes look great as well.  Went to a cloths store and there was alot of variety of cloths, even more so then the singleplayer, though some cloths are locked until you get to a certain reputation.  Car customization use the same principle, with items locked until your RP is high enough.

While I would still be playing, there are expected hiccups (alot more then I would expect) so connecting to Free Roam is a pain.  When I would connect, a couple minutes later I would disconnet or basically have my screen freeze.  This could cause alot of issues with a players character profile.  Like I customized a car, exited out the shop then it froze.  Tried to connect after multiple attempts, and I do think the game saved in time after I customized my car, though I still have to find it.

Overall, GTA Online is great, the progression and structure and things you do in this game is conceptually great.  Once the server issues are rectified or whatever's fixed that makes the experience better, GTA Online is going to be amazing.  If you thought Free Roam in GTA IV and Red Dead was fun, you'll love GTA Online.

gabryL91
  • gabryL91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

I created my character, saw introduction video and unlocked the acheivement at about 11:30 CET, then it stopped working and I kept getting either the "Rockstar servers are down" or "Cannot retrieve character information" messages. Now I was able to enter the waiting list and I'm "waiting for players". Nothing happens though.

Craftyxl
  • Craftyxl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

I only played for 2 minutes solo sessions before they told me the servers were down. Wasn't much to do besides the usual. The character editing could of been better

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

I'm already sick of people acting like idiots while I'm trying to do missions. Thank God this is only 16 players.

Lisha
  • Lisha

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

Some guy has an issue with me, I let him f*cking taste my bullpup. He kept stalking me. :/

gabryL91
  • gabryL91

Player Hater

• Members

I'm playing.

D-X
  • D-X

The Exiles: General of Death

• Members

been stuck on online tips screen after the first race  for 10 mins now /shrug 
had to load a new session , its going tobe a long day

Kind of glad I've got to wait like 8 hours, miss the server overload

8 hours? It launched an hour ago..

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

been stuck on online tips screen after the first race  for 10 mins now /shrug 
had to load a new session , its going tobe a long day

Kind of glad I've got to wait like 8 hours, miss the server overload

8 hours? It launched an hour ago..

He said he's got to wait 8 hours to play. As in, 8 more. Not he's been waiting 8 hours.

DoinItLikeDahmer
  • DoinItLikeDahmer

Mr. White - Commissioner

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

Badd textures.. character creation is a pain if you're trying to go for a certain look. Everything looks hispanic to me lol.

I have to agree that the character creator just doesnt work so well.

You start out trying to reach some invisioned goal, and then you just hope the randomness turns your character into something acceptible. 

Exactly this. Character creation in majorly disappointing. There's been more in depth face customization in some PS2 titles, just for example NBA Street and Fight Night.

Jozzborne
  • Jozzborne

Jeremy

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

I understand server issues and connection issues but the character customization and the graphics have nothing to do with the servers.  They are both very sub par considering this game is five years in the making.  Disappointed.

cyphill123
  • cyphill123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:13 PM Edited by cyphill123, 01 October 2013 - 12:15 PM.

Aside from the expected network issues the only really dissapointing thing IMO is that no matter what, you only get $100 after you kill someone. Doesn't matter if they just robbed a convenience store or did a job, same insignificant amount everytime, making depositing money kinda pointless.

kendall100000
  • kendall100000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

Im realy mad i justn  got gta online and what do you know! I CANT EVEN START THE RACE I TRIED MAKING A NEW CHARECTERR THE SAME THING!
any one know how to help!?

Candy KissesUK
  • Candy KissesUK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

I don't care for character customization, the female characters look like TG's. I was on ages trying to tweak my woman, even then she still looks fugly.

kendall100000
  • kendall100000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

Guys chill Rockstar told us that everything will change when they hear feedback from us. And why are people doing races before their apartment etc lol

because Lemar to a parking lot and said "you're going to race" and i can't join friends games until i finish the tutuorial.

Spoiler

I WANT TO f*ckIN PLAY BUT I CANT TRIGGER THE GOD DAMN RACE!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users