» «
Photo

Renaming a .dff file

4 replies to this topic
Donibee
  • Donibee

Sleep. Eat. Play. Pray. Repeat.

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:05 AM Edited by Donibee, 01 October 2013 - 07:12 AM.

Hello.

I need help. I am new to modding and I just want to ask if I can rename .dff and .txd files supposedly assigned to a certain character (ex. CJ) and use it for my certain choice of character (ex. Sweet)

Here's an example:

I would like to use this Juggernaut skin (http://www.gtainside...at=123&id=50589) for Big Smoke. It's original file names are lafd1.dff and lafd1.txd, and originally for a firefighter. Can I rename it to smoke.dff and smoke.txd so I can use this skin for him?

Actually I tried it, it didn't work, but maybe I missed out on something?

Feedback please. Thanks in advance guys!

Black Mantis
  • Black Mantis

TH3 Don

• Members
  • Syria

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

you don't have to rename the DFF , use TXD Workshop and find the character you want (ex.Smoke) and locate the dff and txd(smoke.dff\smoke.txd) then move your mouse cursor to smoke.dff and right click and choose replace,don't forget to do it the same for Smoke.txd.......

you're ready to go!

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

yes, rename lafd1.dff and lafd1.txd into smoke.dff and smoke.txd and replace then the original smoke files

furthermore can you also rename the original smoke files inside of gta3.img to keep it as backup, e.g. smoke-orig.dff and smoke-orig.txd and add the new files instead replace

anyway, run finally the function "Rebuild Archive", important if you change a lot files or import big files, i do it always, because the img archiv can get buggy instead

Donibee
  • Donibee

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

Thanks! Will try it out now. 

Sorry about the other posts! :)

Donibee
  • Donibee

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

Zaz, it still didn't work. :( And it messed up my CJ skins. I'm lost. :))

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users