Photo

Anyone else on the hunt for rare cars?

118 replies to this topic
dDubs
  • dDubs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

I hope they make the collector edition cars available for everyone, for some reason I didn't know there was a collectors edition lol.

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

I hope they make the collector edition cars available for everyone, for some reason I didn't know there was a collectors edition lol.

I should've taken advantage of CE. I want the Hotknife. :(

dDubs
  • dDubs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

me too  :panic:

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

Its honestly not that great. Looks sexy in a collection but its turning in horrible.

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:06 AM

Its honestly not that great. Looks sexy in a collection but its turning in horrible.

Meh, I would honestly never drive it. I just want it to sit in my garage forever. :>

PhilWillKill
  • PhilWillKill

Fanatic

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

For anyone wanting a sure-fire way of obtaining the Sabre GT, read on.

I don't know if you have to reach a certain point in the game or whether the recent title update might have fixed a spawning issue but as soon as I did the Lester assassination mission where you drive the bus, they immediately appear.  

Thinking that it was perhaps spawning because I was driving a bus (might have similar engine or whatever) after the mission I drove back to the Dashound bus depot (East - South East LS) and stole a bus.  Drove out of the parking lot and immediately there were Sabre GT's every where.  This means you can get the Sabre GT without having to replay the ranger mission and "glitching" it.

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

Guys, do you think the Ocelot F620 is rare?

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:28 AM

Meh, I would honestly never drive it. I just want it to sit in my garage forever. :>

Thats exactly what i do lol

I see it all the time a little south of Michaels house

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

Thats exactly what i do lol

I see it all the time a little south of Michaels house

damn. :p

dDubs
  • dDubs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

The F620 is one of my fav cars! It says "I'm classy, but I still get down." Lol

red111
  • red111

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

I have found most cars randomly like the infernus, f620 and so on. Never seen the phoenix...or at least had one. Really want it after seeing that pic. I never look for special cars though, I just take something if I drive past it or just randomly spot it.

The asea only spawn at the docks with that woman though, that is the only time you can get it. At least that is what I have heard.

PedrocamaroSS
  • PedrocamaroSS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

How do you get the Merryweather Mesa? Is that the one you drive out of the plane?

yes! in the last mission you do with michael for the FIB "the wrap up" i think you can get one of the three that are there but shoot the chopper first or lose him without destroying the car I have one and i wanted to get another but diffrent from the one i got 

PedrocamaroSS
  • PedrocamaroSS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:42 AM

Damn Ive found the bullet, coil (several times) and the Carbonizzare and proceeded to lose them all due to either a mission or a death. :(

Finally found the Adder and made sure to keep it this time lol. 

The adder spawns a lot of times parked near the joelery you robed 

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:55 AM

I got my Asea last night, it's a bit.....average.  Decent top speed, acceleration is not great, sticker bomb looks awful.  I kept it with Mike, but got rid of a Vacca for it, now I will probably stick it in Trevors sandy shores garage behind a rat rod or something.  A bit of a let down to be honest.

I finaly got my Sabre GT, I did yet another reload of minute man blues, but this time I was Mike at the restore point and in the Davis area.  Every other time I had been Trevor close to the mission start point.

F620 on my game is as common as the Comet - like sh*t in a field!

The only car left I would like to check out is the ruiner.  Still no sightings of it, anyone got any hot spots for it if I go there in a sabre or phoenix?

I was trying the 'reload a quick save in a parking lot' trick to try and get my sabre when I saw what looked like a sportier Dillitante, I jacked it and it was called a Cheval Surge.  It was also electric but surprisingly quick and felt quite sporty.  I had never seen that car before, or maybe I had and mistook it for the Dillitante.

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

I heard you can only buy a Vacca as they dont spawn in game.

You can find the Vacca in a driveway in Rockford Hills. From what I've seen, it's there 100% of the time.

The only "rare" car I have is the Merryweather Mesa. Everything else can be found at a spawn point or bought.

i got the Vacca from there for the Epsilon mission, & only one time after that, so I bought one.

Scampi
  • Scampi

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:38 AM Edited by Scampi, 20 October 2013 - 04:54 AM.

@the nameless:

Where did you find the Asea? Was it out in traffic? I already did the submarine parts mission and missed out on it, and I've never seen one since.

If we are posting our cars then here is my pride and joy:

Z-Type1_zps9a7c892c.png

It's probably my favorite car in the game, and I love how it shines in the light with this paint job. Well worth the $10 million.

As far as other cars go, is the Stinger GT found in single player at all? I have heard it is not. I also don't know if the Zion Cabrio is in single player either. I was just messing around a little online last night and found both, and never encountered one in SP at all so far.

Also to the guy who was looking for the Voltic, I find they spawn in the parking lot of the Kortz Center often. I've gotten two there so far, and kept one for Franklin. I love how they're virtually silent despite going top speed.

Lastly, even though this isn't any prize car, has anyone found the Scrap Truck yet? IGN lists it on their vehicles page, but I've never seen one. It looks like something that would spawn near a farm since it looks pretty rustic, like they just chopped off the back half of the tow truck and put a simple bed on it.

tinstartio
  • tinstartio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:17 AM

I have two Merryweather Jeeps. One fully inclosed and the second with the rear section open and no top. Totally awsome. I love them the most. Took the open top out for some mountain climbing, it worked great.

MootWizard
  • MootWizard

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:35 AM

@the nameless:

Where did you find the Asea? Was it out in traffic? I already did the submarine parts mission and missed out on it, and I've never seen one since.

If we are posting our cars then here is my pride and joy:

Z-Type1_zps9a7c892c.png

It's probably my favorite car in the game, and I love how it shines in the light with this paint job. Well worth the $10 million.

As far as other cars go, is the Stinger GT found in single player at all? I have heard it is not. I also don't know if the Zion Cabrio is in single player either. I was just messing around a little online last night and found both, and never encountered one in SP at all so far.

Also to the guy who was looking for the Voltic, I find they spawn in the parking lot of the Kortz Center often. I've gotten two there so far, and kept one for Franklin. I love how they're virtually silent despite going top speed.

Lastly, even though this isn't any prize car, has anyone found the Scrap Truck yet? IGN lists it on their vehicles page, but I've never seen one. It looks like something that would spawn near a farm since it looks pretty rustic, like they just chopped off the back half of the tow truck and put a simple bed on it.

The stinger GT is only purchasable online so far as I know.

The Scrap Truck can be found to the east of the city soft of near the docks, but it isn't able to be modified, unless you're talking about the Rat Loader, which is found in sandy shores.

Syphiroth
  • Syphiroth

Los Antrax 5-7

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:13 AM Edited by Syphiroth, 30 October 2013 - 07:56 AM.

Car's I got throughout the game when in storyline missions or side missions:

Poppy's car (stolen with Franklin. After I took the photo and sent it. I was told to move away so I jumped on my motorbike and only moved a bit up the road but kept the car in sight. The cops f*cked off and the car remained slammed into the tree. I went over, jumped in and drove it to my house garage in vinewood.)

Molly's car (stolen with Michael - To steal Molly's car you must enter it and reverse off the wall just about a meter? Try not get killed as police shooting you and you need to be fast to enter and chase her. Once she kills herself you get her case and run out to the car and it should be parked still. So enter and try not wreck or destroy it beyond driving ability when losing the cops. If you don't get in her car and move it from the wall the game won't load it when you run in and out from the airplane hanger. So I usually just got killed so when I hit retry it loaded me right at the scene of her getting out from the car and I went over, reversed it and chased her and come back out to the car being in the spot I moved it too. Don't move it too far away you will fail and have to do it over again)

Lenny's car (stolen with Trevor. Nothing special but I wanted it for storyline history. I think I have now actually driven it into the water by mistake which doesn't allow cars that stolen to spawn in the repo shed. So it's a tip if you want to clear garage or just don't care how many cars go into repo?)

Pagessi Vacca (stolen with Michael after the FIB raid when Steve and Dave get caught out for being corrupt. I heard it always spawns in this area's location? but I never again have since seen it spawn in the same area or anywhere for that matter. I even looked at GTA 5 sites and youtube videos but not to any luck for me on my game does the spots shown on sites or youtube work for me)

Poppy & Molly both have the cabire? Is it called? I think Poppy's is more modified than Molly's standard verison. Either way it saved me cash on buying them but Poppy's number plate remains Poppy. Doesn't bother me but might some other players. 
Lenny's car is just that normal porsche looking car, but lime green. Can't remember what normal it is but it's around a lot.

I just usually take the cars or try too and keep. I don't do them up or anything, I just like keeping them for that "storyline" history. I usually take them out for a drive and whatever else you find exciting to do after you finished the game. 

Other cars I seen driving around that are not "legend sports" but in the decent price which some have noted above they found/find in places. I usually find the best cars in the carpark/lot just on the corner from Michael's house. I'll get a map and indicate it's spot and edit this post with the image. I usually drive to it in the daytime. quick save (as I turn autosave off) and then I wait until it's quick saved - load up game (the one I just quick saved) and usually cars pop up in the area of all decent kinds. Down and around the area you find good cars as well if you go looking hard enough. 

This is just some random map I found on google to use. The red circle is the carpark/lot I find and surrounding areas for decent cars in the game at anytime.
2jbqrf9.jpg

If you see my red circle you might notice that little road that stops. It's also a spot to find some cars parked just as you enter the street. Sometimes, if lucky that is. I usually find cars around that area of these kinds: 

Benefactor Schwartzer
Umbermacht Zion
Obey 9F
Benefactor Surano
Dewbauchee Exemplar
Pegassi Infernus

Are just the cars I have found and usually find in that circled area or the short road area parked just as you enter the street.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

I used to see the Patriot in a few places, driving around, haven't in a long time now, it's just nowhere in my game

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

When taking the Z-Type for Devin Weston he says there are only 10 of them in the world, his is one so that would mean there are 9 left, can someone test if there are only 10?

CiviX
  • CiviX

Snitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:54 AM Edited by CiviX, 30 October 2013 - 10:57 AM.

When taking the Z-Type for Devin Weston he says there are only 10 of them in the world, his is one so that would mean there are 9 left, can someone test if there are only 10?

You can buy it online via your Phone. Bring $10.000.000 though.

The thing i'm wondering, haven't tried it myself yet, can you replay the missions for Dave where you dress up as a cop and steal the high end cars. And then save the cars in your garage some way? Perhaps by killing yourself or something.

• Syphiroth likes this

Syphiroth
  • Syphiroth

Los Antrax 5-7

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

Is that when you are with Trevor on the highway?

CiviX
  • CiviX

Snitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Yeah. Dressed up as motor cops.

bigjoeglock
  • bigjoeglock

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:25 AM

I have two Merryweather Jeeps. One fully inclosed and the second with the rear section open and no top. Totally awsome. I love them the most. Took the open top out for some mountain climbing, it worked great.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:21 AM

Yeah, that really is the only useful thing about it, and the main point of the car IMO. I have it, and it really is awful, but it's one of those collectible cars that you have just to say, I have that. That is actually one reason I wish we could buy a second garage Online. I have all the cool cars that I like and use, but I'd like another just for the rare and uncommon cars for collecting.

EdF4ce
  • EdF4ce

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

Yo ASAPRocky, you on Xbox or ps3? If Xbox would you be willing to let me hop in ur dirty rebel so I can duplicate? I've been looking for one for weeks! You can have a look at my cars see if you'd like to take any of mine.

Likewise anyone else on Xbox with a dirty/rusty rebel hit me up I'm desperate I can't be wasting any more days looking for this car! Likewise the youga van is one I just cannot find, if you can help please add me. gamertag: EdF4ce

Thanks

Ed

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

Yo ASAPRocky, you on Xbox or ps3? If Xbox would you be willing to let me hop in ur dirty rebel so I can duplicate? I've been looking for one for weeks! You can have a look at my cars see if you'd like to take any of mine.

Likewise anyone else on Xbox with a dirty/rusty rebel hit me up I'm desperate I can't be wasting any more days looking for this car! Likewise the youga van is one I just cannot find, if you can help please add me. gamertag: EdF4ce

Thanks

Ed

I don't have it anymore. It's not that hard to find in Online, it spawns frequently in Sandy Shores.

EdF4ce
  • EdF4ce

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:38 AM

Yeah, so people keep telling me. I've been searching for weeks now. I think I may be too high a level for it to spawn or something Like the cargobob.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users