» «
Photo

Anyone else on the hunt for rare cars?

118 replies to this topic
ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:48 AM Edited by ASAPRocky, 15 October 2013 - 10:38 PM.

After I've finished the main story and all S&F missions, I decided to go on the hunt for some rare vehicles. I just wanted to see what kind of rare vehicles you guys picked up and maybe you can give me ideas to search for cars I don't have. Here are a few cars that I have found in the last week:

Kiran Futo

0_0.jpg

Western Daemon

0_0.jpg

Z-Type

0_0.jpg

Rusty Rebel 4x4 (Trophy Truck Mods)

0_0.jpg

The Rat Loader

0_0.jpg

Phoenix

0_0.jpg

Batti 801 R.R (Sprunk)

0_0.jpg

Sabre GT

0_0.jpg

There will probably be more cars to find on GTA Online, so I might get more.

• Kent_Paul_Jnr and wallpaper42 like this

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:52 AM

I don't know why people say the Phoenix is a rare car. I see it all the time in that area where Franklin lives at the beggining.

Did you find a Z-Type or you bought it?

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:58 AM

I don't know why people say the Phoenix is a rare car. I see it all the time in that area where Franklin lives at the beggining.

Did you find a Z-Type or you bought it?

I think the Phoenix is a rare car because it doesn't roam in the streets later in the game.

I also bought the Z-Type, I just thought it would kind of fit in here.

CadillacGrilles
  • CadillacGrilles

Too old for this crap

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:12 AM

I love looking for cars. It took me a while to find a Phoenix, now I see them all the time. Go figure. Also have the Rebel with the baja type mods, and the lifted Sandking XL. I'm in love with my Merryweather Mesa, I use that often. I'm glad I caught the tip on how to get it before I hit that mission... And I was always in the middle of something when I saw the Futo, now of course I can't find one.

My Trevor 4-car is full of law enforcement rigs... Park Police Granger, Lifeguard Granger (though it's not hard to get...), the unmarked Crown Vic knockoff. A sheriff department Granger... That... That sucked to get. 

I'm pretty sure the only super cars I see are the Infernus and Bullet, and I see them all the time. I want a damn Vacca!

I simply never see Felons. Nor do I ever see the Sandking SWB (four door/crew cab)... And I would love to find that riding lawn mower.   :lol:

Garethporlest21
  • Garethporlest21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

I heard you can only buy a Vacca as they dont spawn in game.

MyLittlePony
  • MyLittlePony

Crew: Ponyville

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

I wouldn't consider the Phoenix rare but not really on the hunt, as the collector's edition tells me where all the rare cars are.

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

I heard you can only buy a Vacca as they dont spawn in game.

You can find the Vacca in a driveway in Rockford Hills. From what I've seen, it's there 100% of the time.

The only "rare" car I have is the Merryweather Mesa. Everything else can be found at a spawn point or bought.

Strengthcamp
  • Strengthcamp

Employee

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

I like hunting for rare or rare-ish vehicles.

List of cars I've acquired:

Cheetah
Cognoscenti
Vacca
Merryweather Mesa
Space docker
Rebel with baja mods
Entity XF
Dominator
Futo
Sultan

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:00 AM Edited by Eagles, 01 October 2013 - 05:00 AM.

I have that mexican version of the Declasse Tornado from those Civil Border Patrol missions. I think it's a pretty cool modification for the Tornado. It even has some guitars in the back.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:02 AM Edited by creaper210, 01 October 2013 - 05:37 AM.

I got 100% today, and I've been trying to find the Sabre, but I haven't seen it since the start of my playthrough...

Strengthcamp
  • Strengthcamp

Employee

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

You have to click what color you want first.

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

I like hunting for rare or rare-ish vehicles.

List of cars I've acquired:

Cheetah
Cognoscenti
Vacca
Merryweather Mesa
Space docker
Rebel with baja mods
Entity XF
Dominator
Futo
Sultan

Nice, all found?

king4423
  • king4423

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:29 AM

I've been looking for the Corquette. it's so rare now that I beat the game. it was only around during those early movie missions with Michael
  • Nutsac likes this

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

The only "rare" car I have is the Merryweather Mesa. Everything else can be found at a spawn point or bought.

I had one of those but I lost it. I might try to get another one and replace it with the Military Jeep.

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:36 AM

I had one of those but I lost it. I might try to get another one and replace it with the Military Jeep.

If you lost yours it's already too late. There are only 2 opportunities to get one and you can't replay the missions to get them. I restarted my game just to get one.

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:36 AM

I've been looking for the Corquette. it's so rare now that I beat the game. it was only around during those early movie missions with Michael

I beat the game and I find it a lot. Weird. :\

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

If you lost yours it's already too late. There are only 2 opportunities to get one and you can't replay the missions to get them. I restarted my game just to get one.

Damn... I should've been more careful with mine.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

You have to click what color you want first.

I feel stupid... At first, I thought when you selected a car that it automatically selects a random color, and you just had an option to pick a different one.

I bought a few cars before and never even remember doing this. Thanks, though.

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:04 AM

I made a point to grab some rare sport / super cars that you can't buy. Coil Voltic, Vapid Bullet, Coquette. 

Also snagged the tuner cars everyones looking for: Futo and Sultan RS

Mission cars I have: Merryweather Mesa, UFO Dock car, That rusty tractor that epsilon gave me. 

Have a fleet of Sabre GT's, seems to be at the top of everyones list. Phoenixs' aren't rare for me but I have a couple of them. 

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:05 AM

I made a point to grab some rare sport / super cars that you can't buy. Coil Voltic, Vapid Bullet, Coquette. 

Mission cars I have: Merryweather Mesa, UFO Dock car, That rusty tractor that epsilon gave me. 

Have a fleet of Sabre GT's, seems to be at the top of everyones list. Phoenixs' aren't rare for me but I have a couple of them. 

Coil Voltic is my favorite car.

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

Coil Voltic is my favorite car.

Same. 

I love the Tesla but Lotus' even more, thankfully the Voltic looks more like the latter. 

I really wish the LSC had the Exige engine cover and roof scoop. I'd lose my sh*t. 

voad1
  • voad1

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

I got 100% today, and I've been trying to find the Sabre, but I haven't seen it since the start of my playthrough...

Maybe replay the third border patrol mission. Get in the sabre that spawns near where it starts and then end/fail the mission and you will hopefully see it driving around after that.

voad1
  • voad1

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

I can't find a phoenix anywhere.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

Maybe replay the third border patrol mission. Get in the sabre that spawns near where it starts and then end/fail the mission and you will hopefully see it driving around after that.

Wow, that worked! I got in the Sabre, then immediately shot Manuel and ended the mission. Then I was driving around for like 5 seconds and found a Sabre.

Thank you, man.

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

Oh man, I miss the Phoenix. Haven't seen one spawn since the beginning of the game...

voad1
  • voad1

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

Also, can't remember if I said it here. But you can get the sultan from a mission you get from the pitchers bar property. They are being robbed and the robber drives a sultan. In my game at least.

voad1
  • voad1

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

Really like some of the rides op tricked out. You got good taste man.

voad1
  • voad1

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:07 AM Edited by voad1, 01 October 2013 - 09:07 AM.

Wow, just found out a sure fire way of getting a phoenix. Replay the Phillips industries mission. The one where you and chef fend off the mexican gang at the meth house. The guys that come after you will be driving pheonix's. Kill everyone and make sure you don't destroy all the vehicles. Jump down and get in a pheonix and then complete the mission. When you go back to your regular game you will see pheonix's everywhere.

I am certain this will work for any vehicle as long as you can enter it in a mission.

voad1
  • voad1

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

Also, just tried and this trick doesn't work with a vehicle like the Z type. Probably also doesn't work for the stinger, etc. But I think it does for anything else.

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

Can I try blowing up the Mesa before the mission ends and then it will start spawning?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users