GTA Online Pay To Win?

13 replies to this topic
JoblessGarrett
  • JoblessGarrett

GTA 5 Addict

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

Here is the most recent news from Rockstar news wire.

Rockstar has addressed this subject by simply saying this game will not be pay to win. The GTA $ will not and should not disrupt the playing field and they have in game mechanics to ensure it stays balanced. All players still have to rank up with Reputation points in order to get access to high end items so if you spent a few hundred dollars that still will not get you amazing gear right at the start because you wont have the rank needed to use it. Remember that in GTA Online, you can earn everything by performing simple tasks like robberies, stick-ups, winning races and other profitable activities.

How do you guys feel about MICROTRANSACTIONS coming to GTA Online?

-Garrett

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:47 AM

With the hands-on time I had with GTAO, I can honestly say it is nowhere close to "pay to win". Tons of stuff is level-restricted. You cannot just buy an RPG and run out and start blowing the sh*t out of people. The ways to earn money in GTAO are fun and varied, but if you really want a safehouse right at the start (well level 10ish), there is nothing stopping you from bypassing the money grind.

Personally I had way more fun sticking up stores and running missions with randoms than simply buying a cash card. I don't want to reach the endgame and think "wow, that $20 I spent on fake money was totally worth it now that I'm literally scrooge mcducking into a pool of money".

Wreck It Ralph
  • Wreck It Ralph

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:58 AM

Exactly what anuj said. When I played it, I couldnt imagine how it could turn into "Pay to win"

You dont need to level up your character with reputation points to get high end items, you need to level up to get ALMOST EVERYTHING. There really isnt much that is given to you from the start. The only thing you would be able to buy fairly early on with alot of cash is a nice safehouse, and a nice car. But you wont have unlocked hangars or marinas for boats or planes, you wont have unlocked the minigun, and you wont even have all the clothing unlocked. You need to progress your character to get these things.

I think the microstransaction concept is geared toward players who want to be able to just spend freely and not grind to get, or maintain money. Unlike the single player mode, you cant just reload an old save after you go on a 30 minute 5 star wanted level spree, destroying your car, and using all of your ammo.

skovie11
  • skovie11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

I wonder what it will be like once a lot of the players have ranked up, just total chaos? Factions? Territorial wars? Organized crime?

Pig__Destroyer
  • Pig__Destroyer

DRIFT THIS *****

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

I wonder what it will be like once a lot of the players have ranked up, just total chaos? Factions? Territorial wars? Organized crime?

I was thinking the same thing as I saw you can buy the tank and buzzard online lol. madness! gonna take a while as i think they are level 70 items and the buzzard is like 1,750,000.

JoblessGarrett
  • JoblessGarrett

GTA 5 Addict

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

I was thinking the same thing as I saw you can buy the tank and buzzard online lol. madness! gonna take a while as i think they are level 70 items and the buzzard is like 1,750,000.

Complete CHAOS !!!!

jiaxvkby
  • jiaxvkby

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:53 AM

Thank you for this article. That’s all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something special. You clearly know what you are doing, you’ve covered so many bases.Thanks!

Cheap Moncler Jackets Online
Men Moncler Jacket
Moncler Coat Cheap Moncler Vest

God Of GTAO
  • God Of GTAO

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

All money really gets you is a house, garage and nice car and i don't see how this tips the favor of one person over another, except maybe in races.

TovarishTony
  • TovarishTony

[РККА] Krasnaya Army

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

sh*t I better familiarize myself with the map before I go online to know where the stores,atms,etc

Archvile78
  • Archvile78

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

sh*t I better familiarize myself with the map before I go online to know where the stores,atms,etc

Don't worry about ATMs you can just visit the maze bank website from the in-game cellphone to deposit/withdraw your cash.

LcplJarheadFi
  • LcplJarheadFi

<----- Enter Member Title Here

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

It is kinda gay that you just buy a card, and boom, I have a tank. That's the only thing I don't like. Other than that, the level system keeps pay to play in check.

God Of GTAO
  • God Of GTAO

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

Can we stop using gay as a derogatory adjective. We should all be 18 playing and discussing this game. Can we stop using language from the School yard.

lyosha
  • lyosha

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

It is kinda gay that you just buy a card, and boom, I have a tank. That's the only thing I don't like. Other than that, the level system keeps pay to play in check.

it does not work that way, you have to be like lvl 70 for a tank....

LcplJarheadFi
  • LcplJarheadFi

<----- Enter Member Title Here

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

It's not hard at all to get to level 70...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users