Photo

Why is there no Army or six stars.

51 replies to this topic
Equity
  • Equity

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

If you take the Lazer and go on a rampage at the airport, they should at least send some units from Fort Zancudo, now it's just a few police choppers :/

• Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

adoreonerr I agree, it's a gameplay choice made by R*. The fcukin plane and tank are just skins , they removed it maybe to add as DLC or resereved it for online.
The fact they dropped the wanted level to 5 stars shows they were screwing around with wanted levels.

Sniper police and not getting arrested, there was fcucking space on the disk and memory for the army and for those idiots saying it wouldn't fit the game.....like yoga fits the f*cking game. Go fcuk urselves fanbois, they took army out to put back in just like all the other content locked on the disks but saved for GTAO

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

What you get when barging into Fort Zancudo, but all over San Andreas? No, thanks, 5 stars is hard enough as is (wouldn't mind if there was a 6th star with military but I won't survive for more than 3 minutes, no matter how hard I try). The tanks would be a bit too much. Actually, the Army without tanks would be nice at a 6th star.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

Or they could have activated a secret / Easter egg 6 star response with army who spawn

as a cheat...

That would have been a nice implementation
For GTA purists or for those wanting chaos and a challenge

LMC1
  • LMC1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

Police helicopter spawn and the overall accuracy of the police is ridiculus.

Not to mention the completley flawed and broken stealth system

beneficial
  • beneficial

Buckwheats

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

would not be fun. Tanks are overpowered. It's good how they have it now.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

even fbi is dumb in these games it shouldnt be more that swat. military is not going to get involved in state crimes fbi wont either unless it crosses state lines.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

If the tanks are OP ... That's game design ... Pure game design

beneficial
  • beneficial

Buckwheats

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:09 PM Edited by beneficial, 02 October 2013 - 07:12 PM.

If the tanks are OP ... That's game design ... Pure game design

Oh I agree. I'm not complaining about how it is now. I just think it would be difficult. People are already complaining about sniper cops, imagine the grief if they were getting one shotted by a tank (or even better apache helicopter w hellfire missiles).

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

I like the wanted levels. You say that you get police after you for no reason (no reason to you is probably stealing a car) then that is what would happen. To the other guy, no need to be racist towards British people and where did he say he was British?

Cluckin' Bell Chicken
  • Cluckin' Bell Chicken

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

Woah... I didn't know this post would attract as much attention anyway that should at least have 6 stars as like a bonus un-escapable where you compare survival times with your friends

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:58 AM

Surefire way to get rid of a 2 Star wanted level is to drive onto the train trucks most of the time you won't be followed it'll work with a 3 Stars but you'll need a bridge to hide under along with the tracks and make sure no trains are coming and watch your Mini Map for the police zone (Blue shaded area) inching closer to you

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

Having a military base and no six stars is just stupid.

Going into the military base is not even fun ... as your character is so weak and the militray so OP.

fcuk realism we are playing a game

--  There should be more to the base than stealing a chopper / plane... and then thats no fun as u have to be so quick - it should play out like four leaf glover where its epic to assault the base....

Have franklin sniping ,, quick change to Trevor etc... oh wait ... you cant do that unless its a pre defined mission lol

and the mission where i have had to go the base was so crap - I think the person who made these games great left R* when they went next gen as the games are getting sh*tter each time : (  really sad

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:06 AM Edited by Kent_Paul_Jnr, 23 October 2013 - 11:07 AM.

^^^^^^^^^^^bulsh*t! Explain former GTA's then

sh*t, I get to 4 stars and a cop snipes me from across the map. It's almost impossible to rampage and have fun in this game. The cops are sniper experts every time. You'd also think there would be a military in this game, but nope. Many things are missing or seem unfinished. 7.4 final rating

Did former GTAs have characters that looked like their voice actors?

Did former GTAs pay attention to detail in the way that this game does?

Did former GTAs have the size of map that this one has?

Did former GTAs have the number of vehicles this one has?

Did former GTAs have a more complex wanted level system as this one has?

Search cones?

Search patterns?

Did former GTAs involve more then 1 character to play as?

Did former GTAs require three storylines tied into one?

Did GTAIV actually have a 'tank'? No..They had an Armored Personnel Carrier.

Rockstar has made it clear that a lot of the things in the HD universe we came to be used to in prior 3D Universe Games would not be appearing or be the same as we found in these two games.

HD is much more realistic. While keeping the satirical humor about things like fashion, money, violence and politics. Things that made no sense like calling in the Military for a dangerous cop killer were cut.

Cop Killers, they arent that rare and they arent so dangerous that Marshal Law has to be instituted for the sake of that individual.

But guess what. Rockstar didnt leave you tank driving types out. You can simply drive right up to the base..Cause some chaos and that Tank and a bunch of Military Grade Jeeps roll out the front gate looking to give you an opportunity to prove yourself.

As for the Police being hard. As Ive said before...How dare Rockstar give Cops (the biggest threat to criminals) a fighting chance by increasing their aim. How dare Rockstar give you a challenge not only during missions but every time you decide you cant contain yourself and draw police attention on yourself.

Did former GTAs have characters that looked like their voice actors? who cares ! ?  Im playing a game Id rather the in game character be teh character not will smith or someone to take me out the emmersion.

Did former GTAs pay attention to detail in the way that this game does? Yes - Every one of them I would say.

Did former GTAs have the size of map that this one has? Yes - could argue SA was bigger depending on perspective of used space especially in missions.

Did former GTAs have the number of vehicles this one has? No - but could easily argue more variety. 

Did former GTAs have a more complex wanted level system as this one has?  Not as complex, but not as broken. 

Search cones? The search cones are scripted. I have a youtube video which shows the algorythim in action

Search patterns?I have a youtube video which shows the algorythim in action

Did former GTAs involve more then 1 character to play as? YES - EFLC

Did former GTAs require three storylines tied into one?  YES - EFLC - The holy trinity so GTA V is nothing new.

Did GTAIV actually have a 'tank'? No..They had an Armored Personnel Carrier. NO but others did and had military vehicles that V doesnt.

The funniest aspect from your post was the bit about "How dare Rockstar give you a challenge not only during missions" The police wanted levels during missions are not the same as in free roam and are very limited and made basic to allow the story to finish.... key exaple escaping from fort zancudo or michael's 3 stars after the morgue mission - they are supperficial and its easy to see they are wattered down to allow u to finish the mission.

GTA V - Open world more like invisible walls everywhere

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

Everyone stop squabbling! You are as bad as each other. No need for racism. 

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

Base jumping is illegal, you'd get the cops called in real life

Jacob-B
  • Jacob-B

Misunderstood Genius

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

Screw the Army, send some Marines and make it a real challenge.

Lol, but in all honesty i don't see the need for military and a 6 star wanted level, although i wish it wouldn't escalate to a 2 star wanted level so quickly.

Mc Simmo
  • Mc Simmo

Ravin Whistle Posse

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

Console limitations? I recall being chased on previous gen consoles by tanks, apache helis, police helis, the news helis and about 20 cars on six stars.

If you were in the sky jets would be scrambled onto you.

SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

My Idea for 6 stars:

1st: TOTAL LOCKDOWN OF THE AREA(Meaning Evacuation of all citizens in that area)

2nd:Storm of cops coming in(that dont help then National Guard comes in)

3rd:National Gaurd Eliminated?(MILITARY TIME!)

4th:Military uses the Jets and Buzzards to stop you.

My idea for 6 stars happens in parts like this:Get 6 stars and radio is on youll hear a Weazel News brodcast stating the area of the map your at goes into lockdown,then the cops barricade all exits cept for alleys. Then NG comes in then Miltary takes over.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

do you find Fort Zancudo fun when you go in and attck the base ??

I find the military spawning similar to the Police, out of knowhere, 40 red dots like WTF - IE too many and too aggresive so that you dont even get to fully enjoy the base as a place to cause mayhem,  ok so with Trevor you can last longer with his ability but sometimes u want to rampage without that filter going off constantly

gnad1992
  • gnad1992

f*ck off

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

wow... how the f*ck you guys want 6 stars... most ppl can't survive 3 stars in this game...

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

The reason why there was an Army in eirlier GTAs is because depending on your wanted level weapons and Law Enforcement Agents would change.

1 Star - Police Officers would try to subdue you with Melee weapons.

2 Stars - Police Officers are autorizhed to use lethal force, will use their standart service pistol.

3 Stars - Police Officers will call In a helicopter to aid them, occasionaly officers will use Shotguns

4 Stars - Tactical teams are sent on your search, they drive Enforcers and use Uzis.

5 Stars - The FBI is called on your search, Chasing Police units will back-off, Federal agents will use MP5s along with a fully black painted SUV

6 Stars - The National Guard is called, they will send Tanks and Troops transport, they will use M4s.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users