Photo

Why is there no Army or six stars.

51 replies to this topic
Cluckin' Bell Chicken
  • Cluckin' Bell Chicken

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

Excluding Fort zancudo. I know Rockstar said it would be unrealistic but what about national guard atleast? Remember the Boston bombers they had a lockdown, police, fbi and jeeps from the national guards. It was basically GTA they even hijacked a car, this was real life. So why not?

BettyBlueGT
  • BettyBlueGT

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

In reality having the FBI appear would in fact be realistic and if the problem got even worse the military would be called in.

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:51 AM

5 stars isn't hard enough for you???!!!!

GratuitousViolets
  • GratuitousViolets

Numpty

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

People have been struggling with a 3 start wanted level...if there was a 6 star wanted level triggering the Army I think there'd be a lot of tears and broken GTA V discs...

• ThePotentOne likes this

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:58 AM Edited by dreaded_verse, 01 October 2013 - 01:00 AM.

In real life, unless there is some type of State of Emergency or millitary related issue, (Or cop killer) I dont think the National Guard would get involved with any type of domestic crime. I guess you could consider the Boston Bombings terrorism, to which the military responds.

That being said it doesnt really matter to me wether its the army or FBI.. 5 stars and they're coming so you better have it together. 

• Ninjambie likes this

HalfDead1247
  • HalfDead1247

Eats Lighting, Sh!ts Thunder

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

I think there are only 5 stars because you know Grand Theft Auto 5? That's the only thing I can think of.

• ThePotentOne and APersonThatJoined like this

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:06 AM

People have been struggling with a 3 start wanted level...if there was a 6 star wanted level triggering the Army I think there'd be a lot of tears and broken GTA V discs...

That's why I personally think the law enforcement should be toned down just a bit, to allow us to fight back and have some fun against them.

That was half the fun in GTA4 free roaming IMO.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

I think the AI and difficulty is fine. It's getting wanted that's the problem.

Stealth and suppressors are completely broken. There's no use for them outside of the story, cops are still psychic beings.

You can get a wanted level just by standing near someone. Hell, there's a lot of petty things you can do - or can't - and you'll get a wanted level.

If you're looking through some binoculars, or browsing the internet on your phone, some ped can get pissed and call the cops on you. It's not satirical or anything. It's f*cking annoying. Just the other night I parachuted off a building, this scared the sh*t out of some pedestrians, one of them called the cops and I was wanted.

You get two stars for being seen by the cops and running away. Instead of a simple foot chase or something, they'll immediately give you another star and open fire. At least in IV, resisting for too long, or running out of custody gave you two stars. There's not even a 1-star wanted level anymore. It's basically 2 stars now, and the cops always shoot at you.

Helicopters breed like f*cking rabbits. Take one down and there's another immediately after. There's no point in shooting them down. They're just going to respawn a few yards away in the sky and kill you.

I'm loving GTA V, but with the issues mentioned above, especially getting wanted for doing absolutely f*cking nothing, really ruin the game. You have to be really careful, or else you'll get wanted, which results in that escalating to two-stars for no reason and being shot at. There's basically no fun allowed, unless you want to purposely start a rampage/gain a wanted level.

• Grand Cannon, Aesthetic and ThePotentOne like this

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

That's why I personally think the law enforcement should be toned down just a bit, to allow us to fight back and have some fun against them.

That was half the fun in GTA4 free roaming IMO.

I'm holding on to my copy of GTA 4 specifically for free roam rampaging. It's simply not possible in GTA V. I have a feeling they made it so difficult to make GTA Online a challenge, since there will be multiple players and less AI fighting the cops.

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

5 stars is hard enough. The military using tanks would destroy and piss off a lot of players. 

AlkalineBattery
  • AlkalineBattery

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

Army would be great.. basically 3(or 4) stars are almost the same as 5 stars.

There are bloody choppers, police cars, police vans, and those swat vans ( with 2 guy on each side shooting from it ?) or are they FIB? They have unmarked vans but they dont really seem all that special.

I'd like more diversity, at least some different vehicles or something.

Also FIB officers should have those blue outfits with the tag FIB on the back, you know like the ones that actually resemble real FBI.

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

Should at least get army with trevor, anyone who has done his army rampage knows that he can handle tanks no problem.

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

I just dont see the need for 6 stars or the Military..Wanna pick a fight with the Tanks? Go to Zancudo...Not like youre missing that element.

As for the Cops.. I like them this hard..It was a snorefest before this with the cops...There was no challenge. And after about the 10th cop to drop I was on auto pilot when rampaging against the cops.

Now I have to think, I have to anticipate and react the right way or I get a face full of buckshot. And I like it this way.

• Gavlaaar likes this

Lukas Japonicus
  • Lukas Japonicus

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

My guess is current gen hardware is too limited for tanks and jets to chase you.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:26 PM Edited by AtomicPunk, 01 October 2013 - 12:27 PM.

^^^^^^^^^^^bulsh*t! Explain former GTA's then

sh*t, I get to 4 stars and a cop snipes me from across the map. It's almost impossible to rampage and have fun in this game. The cops are sniper experts every time. You'd also think there would be a military in this game, but nope. Many things are missing or seem unfinished. 7.4 final rating

Lukas Japonicus
  • Lukas Japonicus

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

sh*t, I get to 4 stars and a cop snipes me from across the map. It's almost impossible to rampage and have fun in this game. The cops are sniper experts every time. You'd also think there would be a military in this game, but nope. Many things are missing or seem unfinished. 7.4 final rating

lol 7.4, like your word is final, go f*ck yourself.

"explain formers GTAs then"

Okay i will. GTA5 has TONNNNNNNNNNNS more content than any other GTA, current gen has to load the graphics, the traffic, the npc's, everything. You get frame rate drops if you have a shootuout/cop chase. i GUARANTEE this game would be unplayable if there were jets and tanks chasing you.

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:57 PM Edited by TrevorPhilipsInc, 01 October 2013 - 12:58 PM.

Did former GTAs have characters that looked like their voice actors?

Did former GTAs pay attention to detail in the way that this game does?

Did former GTAs have the size of map that this one has?

Did former GTAs have the number of vehicles this one has?

Did former GTAs have a more complex wanted level system as this one has?

Search cones?

Search patterns?

Did former GTAs involve more then 1 character to play as?

Did former GTAs require three storylines tied into one?

Did GTAIV actually have a 'tank'? No..They had an Armored Personnel Carrier.

Rockstar has made it clear that a lot of the things in the HD universe we came to be used to in prior 3D Universe Games would not be appearing or be the same as we found in these two games.

HD is much more realistic. While keeping the satirical humor about things like fashion, money, violence and politics. Things that made no sense like calling in the Military for a dangerous cop killer were cut.

Cop Killers, they arent that rare and they arent so dangerous that Marshal Law has to be instituted for the sake of that individual.

But guess what. Rockstar didnt leave you tank driving types out. You can simply drive right up to the base..Cause some chaos and that Tank and a bunch of Military Grade Jeeps roll out the front gate looking to give you an opportunity to prove yourself.

As for the Police being hard. As Ive said before...How dare Rockstar give Cops (the biggest threat to criminals) a fighting chance by increasing their aim. How dare Rockstar give you a challenge not only during missions but every time you decide you cant contain yourself and draw police attention on yourself.

adoreonerr
  • adoreonerr

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

lol 7.4, like your word is final, go f*ck yourself.

"explain formers GTAs then"

Okay i will. GTA5 has TONNNNNNNNNNNS more content than any other GTA, current gen has to load the graphics, the traffic, the npc's, everything. You get frame rate drops if you have a shootuout/cop chase. i GUARANTEE this game would be unplayable if there were jets and tanks chasing you.

wouldnt it be harder for the game to load a FIB suv with 3 guys in it all with guns than loading a tank with 1 weapon

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

2013 logic: ":LESS IS MOARRRRrr!!! It's "HD". Be glad you got what you got!!!"

Little sheep will accept anything. Vets know better.

Lukas Japonicus
  • Lukas Japonicus

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

Go f*ck yourself you high and mighty asshole. "Vets know better", well clearly you know nothing of console development you asshat. Being a blind little sheep has nothing to do with recognizing a consoles limits.

• G.S.T likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

Go f*ck yourself you high and mighty asshole. "Vets know better", well clearly you know nothing of console development you asshat. Being a blind little sheep has nothing to do with recognizing a consoles limits.

...Looks at join date, doesn't bother reading lol

You mad/rude little british kids need to get a grip!

Lukas Japonicus
  • Lukas Japonicus

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

Haha, you're pathetic. My join date determines what exactly? If im a member for a year would i be more credible than if i joined a day ago? You sound like a little child "this game is too hard i cant rampage WAAAH" you f*cking cry baby. Its easy to have a rampage you just need to get a tank or find a good place to hold up. Don't like the game? Then stop playing it and get the f*ck off the forums you yank entitled prick.

• G.S.T likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Haha, you're pathetic. My join date determines what exactly? If im a member for a year would i be more credible than if i joined a day ago? You sound like a little child "this game is too hard i cant rampage WAAAH" you f*cking cry baby. Its easy to have a rampage you just need to get a tank or find a good place to hold up. Don't like the game? Then stop playing it and get the f*ck off the forums you yank entitled prick.

What is it with you rude/deluded brits? You still mad at how we done you during the war? What is it? And don't call me a "yank" boy cause a yank I am not. I have something you can yank though, matey. V is way out of adjustment in many areas. I like a challenge, not stupidity. Maybe I can fly a heli and hold them off??? LOL

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:03 PM Edited by TrevorPhilipsInc, 01 October 2013 - 03:04 PM.

So a vet of the forums makes you knowledgeable of these games? And somehow blowing off someones opinion based on join date somehow validates your opinion.

You just shot yourself in the foot with that behavior...Good luck getting your point across to anyone after theyve read this.

Unless youre a troll. Then please..Troll on.

Lukas Japonicus
  • Lukas Japonicus

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

What is it with you rude/deluded brits? You still mad at how we done you during the war? What is it? And don't call me a "yank" boy cause a yank I am not. I have something you can yank though, matey. V is way out of adjustment in many areas. I like a challenge, not stupidity. Maybe I can fly a heli and hold them off??? LOL

Brings up the war...........instantly ignored.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

So a vet of the forums makes you knowledgeable of these games? And somehow blowing off someones opinion based on join date somehow validates your opinion.

You just shot yourself in the foot with that behavior...Good luck getting your point across to anyone after theyve read this.

Unless youre a troll. Then please..Troll on.

*Looks at join date again, shakes head and moves on

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:55 AM

Wow, this topic collapsed real fast. Nice job guys, really, hope you're parents are proud.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

yes gta 5 was clogged full of gimmicks that take up massive amounts of space but don't enhance the game play. do I care if the voice actor looks like his character? do I even want to hassle with multiple main characters? does a bigger map mean anything after the 10th time you drove around a big ass mountain? does the number of vehicles matter when the only thing that spawns are suvs and station wagons most of the time? the cops would be a good thing if it worked right. as is they know exactly where you are and instantly teleport to your location with deadly force.

lots of stuff we loved didn't make it past the cutting room floor. what gta 5 has is tennis, yoga and a dog that does nothing but crap in my house because I refuse to give in and buy an I-phone.

• Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

adoreonerr
  • adoreonerr

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

noobs be thinkin its console limits :D :D
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

Johanna Marston

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:01 AM Edited by DODI3OG, 02 October 2013 - 11:02 AM.

AtomicPunk and Wherewolf, stop OVERREACTING!

You're basically out of topic.

BTW, I wouldn't appreciate tanks chasing me and firing their cannons towards my car.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users