Photo

Playstation Plus for GTAO

17 replies to this topic
Mrdeanop2
  • Mrdeanop2

GAWWH!

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

Just a quick question. My plus account runs out tomorrow and I was just wondering if it will be required to play online?
I haven't owned a Playstation for long so I am not entirely sure how it all works.

shin_low
  • shin_low

PatrickJr

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

What?

No.

You don't have to pay to play online on the PS3

Xbox 360 you do.

Snoop221
  • Snoop221

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

Where does it say that anywhere, and since when has that been required on PS3 for online play?

Mrdeanop2
  • Mrdeanop2

GAWWH!

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

Where does it say that anywhere, and since when has that been required on PS3 for online play?

Oh well I wish I knew that a few months ago xD

I sold my Xbox for a PS3 and just assumed it worked the same way. I'm glad to know it's not.

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

Oh well I wish I knew that a few months ago xD

I sold my Xbox for a PS3 and just assumed it worked the same way. I'm glad to know it's not.

Lol what?

Sorry but..that actually made me laugh. 

But no, nothing is required on the ps3 for online play. However ps plus is a brilliant deal with the free games you get each month.

SantosGTA
  • SantosGTA

Los Santos

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

Thats why I brought the PS3 in the first place. To play online on my small budget.

Adeptus Astartes
  • Adeptus Astartes

Chapter Master

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

Too bad Sony changed it so that you will have to pay to play online on the PS4...

• tre288 likes this

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

Too bad Sony changed it so that you will have to pay to play online on the PS4...

It'll be well worth it. With what don't gives away for games to ps plus members, it's still a much better deal than xbox

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

I gotta laugh at all the kiddies who think it's a bonus that PSN+ isn't required to play games online, giving the Playstation an advantage over Xbox. It's like they think Sony did it because they care about them. Well children, the reveal has proven they didn't give a sh*t about you. All they want is money, and they knew that they had a smaller userbase than the Xbox 360, hence why they opted out of charging for online. This was an incentive for people to buy the console, but with the PS4 having higher "polls" than the Xbox One, they see now that they can get away with charging the same ridiculous price for online gaming.

Feels good to be PC master race.

Adeptus Astartes
  • Adeptus Astartes

Chapter Master

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

I gotta laugh at all the kiddies who think it's a bonus that PSN+ isn't required to play games online, giving the Playstation an advantage over Xbox. It's like they think Sony did it because they care about them. Well children, the reveal has proven they didn't give a sh*t about you. All they want is money, and they knew that they had a smaller userbase than the Xbox 360, hence why they opted out of charging for online. This was an incentive for people to buy the console, but with the PS4 having higher "polls" than the Xbox One, they see now that they can get away with charging the same ridiculous price for online gaming.

Here's my take on it:

Both companies want your money.

Sony HAS to charge for online now, since they lost so much money to MS this console generation. Even then MS will break even or profit on the release day of the Xbone, whilst Sony will be selling every PS4 at a loss.

Outplug
  • Outplug

PSN: Headphenomenon

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:10 AM Edited by Outplug, 01 October 2013 - 12:11 AM.

I don't get it. How can an asshole member of the "master race" actually acknowledge that he's a member of it using that phrase...yet still be a part of it? It's like calling yourself an asshole and not trying to change or do anything about it...

OT: That's the great thing about PS3 (but unfortunately not PS4 :(): no need to pay for online. PlayStation Plus is just a bonus with which you get some free goodies every week/month/whatever. As soon as you run out, you go back to being a regular user playing all the same games, just you won't be getting all those free goodies anymore (at least until you come back in when, don't worry, the games you may have gotten for free thanks to PS Plus already will become playable again).

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

I don't get it. How can an asshole member of the "master race" actually acknowledge that he's a member of it using that phrase...yet still be a part of it? It's like calling yourself an asshole and not trying to change or do anything about it...

OT: That's the great thing about PS3 (but unfortunately not PS4 :(): no need to pay for online. PlayStation Plus is just a bonus with which you get some free goodies every week/month/whatever. As soon as you run out, you go back to being a regular user playing all the same games, just you won't be getting all those free goodies anymore (at least until you come back in when, don't worry, the games you may have gotten for free thanks to PS Plus already will become playable again).

When you own a computer, that you custom built yourself, which is already twice as fast as the highest spec next gen console BEFORE they are even released, you start to feel pretty elite. And rightly so. I am already able to play all next gen games for the entire lifespan of the consoles, at guaranteed higher frame-rates and resolution. Now tell me, why would I want to change a thing about my attitude towards consoles and how they hold the industry back, all the while milking little kids like you out of your mommy and daddy's funds?

JohnnM96
  • JohnnM96

<a href="http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/"&g

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

Remind me again, where is your copy of GTA V?

Bitch!!! you're on a forum of a game that is ONLY on consoles and as far as today is concerned its a console only game.

VillNess
  • VillNess

Apina

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:43 AM

When you own a computer, that you custom built yourself, which is already twice as fast as the highest spec next gen console BEFORE they are even released, you start to feel pretty elite. And rightly so. I am already able to play all next gen games for the entire lifespan of the consoles, at guaranteed higher frame-rates and resolution. Now tell me, why would I want to change a thing about my attitude towards consoles and how they hold the industry back, all the while milking little kids like you out of your mommy and daddy's funds?

Elite? Really? What a joke... That sounds so stupid "I am an elite player because I can play all games 5302x9029 300FPS" so what? Sure it's nice looking and runs better but calling themselves "Elite" or "Master Race" is just freaking idiotic... I'm sorry you never had parents, it must of been hard growing up in forest being raised by a squirrel family. Atleast now you can jerk off without even moving your ass an inch.

cksiz
  • cksiz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:13 AM

It'll be well worth it. With what don't gives away for games to ps plus members, it's still a much better deal than xbox

How do you figure? I have quite a few free titles from XBL. Just as useless as PS+ since I buy the games I actually play.

kopkiller666
  • kopkiller666

I kill Police Officers

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:12 AM

Haha I wouldn't trade in my ps3 or the ps4 I already pre ordered for any PC in the world. It can do way better things gaming wise than any PC. especially all the new features on ps4 like the share button and spectator modes that PC would never have, and exclusive games PC will never have plus more things. Pc is stuck with sh*tty steam.

Adeptus Astartes
  • Adeptus Astartes

Chapter Master

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

Your arrogance is astounding.

There are downsides to having a gaming PC. Sure, you get better graphcs but PCs are pretty expensive, sometimes thousands of dollars. On top of that, you have to replace and upgrade parts every 1-2 years which is even MORE money.

I want to buy a console and play it for 10 years without worrying about upgrading it. Consoles also usually get games before PC. *cough* GTA V *cough*

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:53 AM

I gotta laugh at all the kiddies who think it's a bonus that PSN+ isn't required to play games online, giving the Playstation an advantage over Xbox. It's like they think Sony did it because they care about them. Well children, the reveal has proven they didn't give a sh*t about you. All they want is money, and they knew that they had a smaller userbase than the Xbox 360, hence why they opted out of charging for online.

Wait, you mean companies make different decisions in order to make people buy their product over a competitor? With the goal of MAKING MONEY? Outrageous!

360 costs me money to play online.

PS3 does not.

So yes, it's an advantage.

Is this logic over your head? Derp.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users