Quantcast

» «
Photo

Help, $100m Stuck in SlaughterSlaughter stocks,wont rise!

11 replies to this topic
TenderKnuckle
  • TenderKnuckle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

I invested all of my players money (36m a piece) into SlaughterSlaughterSlaughter law firm.

I did this because it was showing something like -300% with signs of being due an increase.

Except it hasnt...!!

high $49

Low $4.31

I bought them at $6.50, so was expecting a huge payout, is there any way to speed up the change of stock ? I've saved the game tons of times but this seems to have no effect, i want to do the franklin assasination missions, but cant as i'll lose something stupid like 10m per player!

Is the opposing companies thing proven as again this seemed to have no effect for me, bullhead is the competitor but not sure where i'd find their HQ if anyone can help there?

Cheers

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

YouTuber

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:58 PM Edited by LeAristocrat, 30 September 2013 - 08:01 PM.

I invested all of my players money (36m a piece) into SlaughterSlaughterSlaughter law firm.

I did this because it was showing something like -300% with signs of being due an increase.

Except it hasnt...!!

high $49

Low $4.31

I bought them at $6.50, so was expecting a huge payout, is there any way to speed up the change of stock ? I've saved the game tons of times but this seems to have no effect, i want to do the franklin assasination missions, but cant as i'll lose something stupid like 10m per player!

Is the opposing companies thing proven as again this seemed to have no effect for me, bullhead is the competitor but not sure where i'd find their HQ if anyone can help there?

Cheers

If you're currently in the hole (which I'm assuming you are) I would let the game stay on unpaused for an extended period of time and cross your fingers in the hope's that it rises enough for you to break even. The stock market in SP seems to only "tick" during actual game play. If you save the game, even though six hours pass the stocks don't move (with the exception of the Lester assassinations and other game triggered stock movements) from what I noticed.

Also, I haven't seen that "destroying competitors equipment, etc." theory work. It hasn't done anything consistent for me. however, in this case I would try it as you don't have anything to lose.

Hope this helps.

TenderKnuckle
  • TenderKnuckle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

Except it hasnt...!!

high $49

Low $4.31

Cheers

If you're currently in the hole (which I'm assuming you are) I would let the game stay on unpaused for an extended period of time and cross your fingers in the hope's that it rises enough for you to break even. The stock market in SP seems to only "tick" during actual game play. If you save the game, even though six hours pass the stocks don't move (with the exception of the Lester assassinations and other game triggered stock movements) from what I noticed.

Also, I haven't seen that "destroying competitors equipment, etc." theory work. It hasn't done anything consistent for me. however, in this case I would try it as you don't have anything to lose.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that, will give it a go just running over, probably been about 6-8 hours of gameplay since I bought the stocks.

Trouble is, it's not like the other obvious companies, I have seen no reference to either law firm in the game, any tips where i might find bullhead HQ?

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

I didxexactly the same with exactly the same numbers. I'd be pretty happy if it just went up to 10 bucks. 40 would be amazing.

Hamsterbaffle
  • Hamsterbaffle

Princeps

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

Except it hasnt...!!

high $49

Low $4.31

I bought them at $6.50, so was expecting a huge payout. . . . .

36 MILLION? Ouch!

Unfortunately for you, investor, the LCN is not what it appears to be. Or at least the "data" you can find on the in-game internet LCN is not accurate utterly fabricated and full of lies.

The graph you see for each stock has no relationship to the "actual" value of the stocks even within your own SP game world. The graph might show a high of $40 in the past "week" but if you had actually watched and written down the values every in-game day for a week, you would find there was NEVER a high of $40. Nope.

I learned this the hard way with Augury Insurance.

Also, the numbers you see on the right described as "high" and "low" and "last" are just cute little numbers which exist because otherwise there would be white space there. I mean it. Those numbers represent nothing at all.

So, the upshot of your investment in Slaughter, Slaughter & Slaughter is that you are probably screwed. Maybe you could try the 1) check value 2) reload and check value 3) reload if it went down, sleep if it rose 4) repeat 5) do this enough and maybe you can end up in a universe where you break even or at least don't take a huge huge loss.

Sorry.

• wallpaper42 likes this

TenderKnuckle
  • TenderKnuckle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

I didxexactly the same with exactly the same numbers. I'd be pretty happy if it just went up to 10 bucks. 40 would be amazing.

You still stuck?

FocusedPants
  • FocusedPants

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

Pull them out do Lester assassination missions and earn money. In the end, you will still have enough money to buy everything (including the golf course).

Don't let it stop you from playing the game. That's just my opinion.

• LeAristocrat likes this

Teelo
  • Teelo

Player Hater

• Members

If what learistocrat said doesn't work, you should start over. It's not that bad. Follow one of the many money making guides on the forums and play it all over doing the alternate method for your missions and heists to keep things fresh.
Skip cutscenes as you like and save strangers and freaks for last.

This game is awesome you should enjoy starting over.
  • Hamsterbaffle likes this

TenderKnuckle
  • TenderKnuckle

Player Hater

• Members

Except it hasnt...!!

high $49

Low $4.31

I bought them at $6.50, so was expecting a huge payout. . . . .

36 MILLION? Ouch!

Unfortunately for you, investor, the LCN is not what it appears to be. Or at least the "data" you can find on the in-game internet LCN is not accurate utterly fabricated and full of lies.

The graph you see for each stock has no relationship to the "actual" value of the stocks even within your own SP game world. The graph might show a high of $40 in the past "week" but if you had actually watched and written down the values every in-game day for a week, you would find there was NEVER a high of $40. Nope.

I learned this the hard way with Augury Insurance.

Also, the numbers you see on the right described as "high" and "low" and "last" are just cute little numbers which exist because otherwise there would be white space there. I mean it. Those numbers represent nothing at all.

So, the upshot of your investment in Slaughter, Slaughter & Slaughter is that you are probably screwed. Maybe you could try the 1) check value 2) reload and check value 3) reload if it went down, sleep if it rose 4) repeat 5) do this enough and maybe you can end up in a universe where you break even or at least don't take a huge huge loss.

Sorry.

I'm quite shocked at that, bit pointless putting the info in when it could easily be meaningful?

TBH I had considered playing it through again immediately after finishing the side missions, so might just do that and rely on the franklin missions instead.

Hamsterbaffle
  • Hamsterbaffle

Princeps

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

I'm quite shocked at that, bit pointless putting the info in when it could easily be meaningful?

You're preaching to the choir, man.

I don't know whether the LCN graphs and data are supposed to be useful, but are glitched, or whether R* meant the graphs and data to be filler with no use other than Lester's assassination missions.

I hope Rockstar eventually explains this.

andym
  • andym

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

I see that they arent listed on the BAWSAQ,so they must be on the other market,i have been looking at this and it doesnt seem to move at all,so i have a theory that it WILL when the Online goes Live tomorrow.I think it will reflect online actions and not the BAWSAQ as that will be SP...............just a theory.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

You still stuck?

Stuck-ish. It hasn't been above 4 bucks since I bought it but as soon as I can get online it won't matter anyway :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users