» «
Photo

Speculation. Backed up by facts. Online release

14 replies to this topic
Itislupus
  • Itislupus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:10 PM Edited by Itislupus, 30 September 2013 - 06:12 PM.

So, a lot of people are saying gta:o will go online at midnight their respective time zones. I would just like to point out the problems around that.

First, rockstar have said online will be a download. Okay, that debunks any "midnight online release customer support said so" bull. Why? Microsoft doesn't update their marketplace until 2 am pst.

Proceed with the "awesome I'll just play then" posts. Nope. Chances are it will take a while to trickle down the pipeline to your area. This may take an hour or two.

Okay, then I'll go to sleep and wake up early. Your best bet, but there is the off chance that they won't be ready(launch day blues.)

Tl;Dr don't expect this to go smooth.

Edit: Final note, and it's a point that just occurred to me. Online could be an in game download. Much like how defiance patches. However, I'm banking on it being a marketplace download

Xavier Horovitz
  • Xavier Horovitz

Yolo Swaggins

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:12 PM Edited by Xavier Horovitz, 30 September 2013 - 06:12 PM.

So, a lot of people are saying gta:o will go online at midnight their respective time zones.

A lot of people are, for an honest lack of a better word, retarded.

GoldDigga
  • GoldDigga

Evil Overlord of the Internet

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Who is this joker? Like seriously, shutthef*ckup tool.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

So, a lot of people are saying gta:o will go online at midnight their respective time zones. I would just like to point out the problems around that.

First, rockstar have said online will be a download. Okay, that debunks any "midnight online release customer support said so" bull. Why? Microsoft doesn't update their marketplace until 2 am pst.

Proceed with the "awesome I'll just play then" posts. Nope. Chances are it will take a while to trickle down the pipeline to your area. This may take an hour or two.

Okay, then I'll go to sleep and wake up early. Your best bet, but there is the off chance that they won't be ready(launch day blues.)

Edit: Final note, and it's a point that just occurred to me. Online could be an in game download. Much like how defiance patches. However, I'm banking on it being a marketplace download

First: They have said it will be a download, a small download. Which can allso mean a game update, not a full on download from PSN/Xbox store, this does not require PSN/Microsoft updating.

So best case scenario, the game update will be available at midnight and you can go Online.

Not saying it will, but the odds are just the same as to what you are suggesting.

ManOfDisguise
  • ManOfDisguise

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

Who caaaaaaaaaares just wait it out. OMFG

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

I think I'll just have a normal night sleep and play tomorrow.

Itislupus
  • Itislupus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

First: They have said it will be a download, a small download. Which can allso mean a game update, not a full on download from PSN/Xbox store, this does not require PSN/Microsoft updating.

So best case scenario, the game update will be available at midnight and you can go Online.

Not saying it will, but the odds are just the same as to what you are suggesting.

Even if it's just a title update. Microsoft puts them up early morning as well.

And to last post. That's what I'm saying. Get a good night's rest and check then

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

Or don't sleep and fall asleep 1 hours after gta online finally becomes availible :p

Amanny59
  • Amanny59

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

I do not expect Online to go smoothly when it comes out...  sh*ts gonna break.. i can feel it... though i'm patient enough to wait if problems do sort out

Trideez
  • Trideez

7-8 Lions LG

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

It's utterly ridiculous that they are keeping us in the dark as to when we will be able to play the game. 

Snoop221
  • Snoop221

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

Where the facts that relate to the online release? I'm having trouble finding those -_-

Itislupus
  • Itislupus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

It's utterly ridiculous that they are keeping us in the dark as to when we will be able to play the game. 

Or, they don't know. As a million and one things can break. Defiance had massive issues when it launched in April. Its Xbox server cluster crashed. The entire cluster. And that didn't sell nearly as well as gta5

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

Isn't it obvious that the majority of online is on disc 1? The patch is probably just the key to unlock it for play.

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Isn't it obvious that the majority of online is on disc 1? The patch is probably just the key to unlock it for play.

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users