Quantcast

» «
Photo

Alien Invasion DLC and why I believe it is likely.

47 replies to this topic
CannonLantern
  • CannonLantern

Attempted Intellectual

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:35 PM Edited by CannonLantern, 30 September 2013 - 03:49 PM.

On my very, very brief time on this forum, I have noticed that some people have theorised that there will be an Alien Invasion DLC campaign. I have also noticed that a lot of people are against the idea. Personally, I am not only all for it, but believe it is also likely.

My reasoning for this begins with all the little alien easters eggs hidden around the map, as well as the drug induced Alien Invasion nightmares that Michael has early in the game. Anyone who has seen these knows that quite a lot of detail has gone into the models for both the aliens and their spacecraft, far more than one would expect for a simple easter egg or a quick segment in a dream sequence. Therefore, I think that these are early hints to a future DLC campaign.

Now, I know a lot of you don't think that Rockstar would do something like this, because it would clash with the realistic nature of the game. I, however, would not put it pass them, for the simple reason that they have done something like this not to long ago. I am, of course, referring to the Undead Nightmare DLC campaign for Red Dead Redemption. In that bit of DLC, we saw a full on zombie apocalypse added to an otherwise realistic, gritty western, so it would not be out of the question for them to add a full on alien invasion to their realistic, modern crime drama.

Now, if you don't think that Rockstar should produce an Alien Invasion DLC campaign, that's fine, you're entitled to you're own opinion. I am simply giving my perspective on this issue.

If you do feel like giving a counter viewpoint, please keep it civil, I am not trying to start an arguement, just a rational discussion.

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

:sui:

Franklin7
  • Franklin7

A big Franklin fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

i really hope we don't have a alien dlc  :sui:

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

When online comes out, if no one still can't figure out the mural thing on Mt. Chilliad, then yes... I believe it's going to be future DLC. I don't think R* would have a problem doing an alien invasion DLC (like you said)

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:45 PM Edited by M'aiq the Liar, 30 September 2013 - 03:45 PM.

I hope not, this isn't Saint's Row IV. That series has gotten to ridiculous.

FlyUS
  • FlyUS

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:46 PM Edited by FlyUS, 30 September 2013 - 03:46 PM.

TLDR, but f*ck aliens they're already in the game we don't more of them

Cockstar i hope you are reading this

CannonLantern
  • CannonLantern

Attempted Intellectual

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:49 PM Edited by CannonLantern, 30 September 2013 - 03:50 PM.

TLDR, but f*ck aliens they're already in the game we don't more of them

Cockstar i hope you are reading this

So much for keeping things civil.

He1senberg
  • He1senberg

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

RDR had zombies, I don't think it's too far fetched since R* have our confidence. As long as the UFO's physics feel real, right? lol

helresa
  • helresa

Public Security Section 9

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

I hope not, this isn't Saint's Row IV. That series has gotten to ridiculous.

But knowing Rockstar they would do it in such a was as to take the P*** of Saints Row....

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

i thought this was my thread for a second

http://gtaforums.com...c-seems-likely/

CannonLantern
  • CannonLantern

Attempted Intellectual

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

I did make a mention of other people sharing my theory. That was more or less referring to your post among others.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

Sure, why not? Make it Undead Nightmare-style. It'll be good fun. Saints Row IV or not.

Maggot899
  • Maggot899

Golf Wang

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

I'm down for a crazy ass alien DLC because I know Rockstar can pull it off. Other games have gone the "Let's just put these features in the game because f*ck it...we don't have good writers or any real imagination to make it make sense so f*ck it." If anyone could pull this off it would be them, they got the skills to write it in and not make you think twice about it. Also if you really don't want an alien DLC or anything like that then try your hardest not to buy it...I know that is hard, but do all that you can to prevent yourself from spending money on something you know without a doubt that you don't want.

On a side note, looking forward to the upcoming "GetzMunney Hood-Warfare DLC" It fixes everything wrong with this broken game. Gang members now roam all around the city fighting each other, if you harass a member of a gang they will come get you a few in-game days later at your house. Drive-bys will now be more frequent than ever(Don't even think of walking the streets alone without body armor and eyes on the back of your head!). You can now recruit up to a minimum of 50 gang members to ride around with on the CGF tour bus and go start trouble out in the hood. The whole city is converted into what Rockstar has dubbed "Gangland representative of Los Santons circa 1992..." 30 new pedestrians have been added into every gang with new clothing for them (and you!) and a whole lot more gang related dialogue. Police will not intervene in any gang related activities you perform as those bitch ass pigs know not to f*ck with a real OG. Franklin can now do every drug there is, as well as sell them by the pound, and go out hustling on the streets to make a living. The prison is now enterable as you can get locked up, due to snitching or racial profiling, and you get to do your time like a real gangster. During your prison sentence you cannot switch to Michael or Trevor, they will come visit you from time to time though, as you have to do your time accordingly. And don't think running a prison gang/drug operation is left out either. This DLC will have it all!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:08 PM Edited by 2281, 30 September 2013 - 04:08 PM.

You believe they're going to make an alien DLC based on in-game hallucinations and easter eggs?

Oh please. :sarcasm:

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

No.  At least not story DLC featuring Mike, Frank and Trevor.

Red Dead Redemption and Grand Theft Auto are different.  Red Dead Redemption's Undead Nightmare DLC was inspired by the ORIGINAL Red Dead Revolver (when it was under Capcom) that was going to be about a Cowboy fighting zombies and other undead.

Now, some goofy missions for online?  Maybe.  I could see that.

CannonLantern
  • CannonLantern

Attempted Intellectual

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:12 PM Edited by CannonLantern, 30 September 2013 - 04:13 PM.

You believe they're going to make an alien DLC based on in-game hallucinations and easter eggs?

More the fact that I doubt they would put so much time and effort into detailing and animating the models, if it was only for a quick hallucination scene and a couple of easter eggs.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:15 PM Edited by 2281, 30 September 2013 - 04:16 PM.

More the fact that I doubt they would put so much time and effort into detailing and animating the models, if it was only for a quick hallucination scene and a couple of easter eggs.

Time and effort into detailing and animating the models? Nice try, they were terrible (though in a good way). Aliens in V were simply a finger to Saints Row IV. That is all.

DLC's will consist of map and gun packs for Online. Mark my words.

CannonLantern
  • CannonLantern

Attempted Intellectual

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

Time and effort into detailing and animating the models? Nice try, they were terrible (though in a good way). Aliens in V were simply a finger to Saints Row IV. That is all.

DLC's will consist of map and gun packs for Online. Mark my words.

Considering the game has been in development for 5 years, I doubt that they could have seen the Saints Row IV plot coming.

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

Lord of the Thighs

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:19 PM Edited by Wipex President Mike, 30 September 2013 - 04:21 PM.

I can imagine an off-beat DLC coming out such as this, but to be honest Undead Overrun in V would suffice for me, if it had to be anything.

But with the all the focus around aliens as the main easter-egg/myth I wouldn't be suprised.

-and I agree with poster above, I'm not sure the aliens thing was directly a finger to Saints Row, though good timing, it's more to do with the fact that people wanted myths and legends from San Andreas to be a feature which it has become.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

http://www.tiny.cc/23cAgnM Posted this again for those who have not seen it

get out SPAMMER!

CannonLantern
  • CannonLantern

Attempted Intellectual

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

http://www.tiny.cc/23cAgnM Posted this again for those who have not seen it

get out SPAMMER!

Apparently he has created over 10 accounts, because he keeps getting banned.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

If you were to mention aliens in a GTA game before I played Undead Nightmare, I'd have told you where to stick your idea. But UN was a pretty good dlc, and I usually hate all that zombie bullsh*t.

So yeah, I think an alien theme would work quite well, just as long as it isn't all cartoony like that abomination called Saints Row.

Oh, and btw op, ignore all the rude little kids. They're annoying, but you soon get used to it.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

A month ago I would have said no f*cking way.

Now I'm not so sure. 

Don Roy

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

Please don't make GTA looks like Saints Row...if we want to shoot alien we will just play saints row iv...pls make a Grove Street Families vs Ballas/other gangs DLC instead.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:31 PM Edited by King Kapone, 30 September 2013 - 04:32 PM.

With all of the countless references and nods to aliens, I would not doubt this DLC as a possibility.

I'm betting if there is a jetpack at all, it will be featured in this sort of DLC. The DLC wouldn't be able to be taken seriously, it would simply be for fun, and an unrealistic fun jetpack would fit right in.

The more I type the more I think this is how you all get your jetpack.

Expect a detailed mission involving the labyrinth underneath the military base ala GTASA.

NXKS
  • NXKS

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

Leaves the zombies to Day Z too, that sh*t gets old after a while of RPGing zombies and sh*t.

ChimpySkater
  • ChimpySkater

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

What about a clown invasion DLC?

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

What about a clown invasion DLC?

Now that is Saints Row territory.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

There is no need to be rude or inflammatory.  He stated an opinion, and backed it up with facts.  Nothing wrong here.  Personally I agree, the UFOs and alien models have a lot of work put into them, I could see this happening.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

They talk about Mercenaries and Private Security a lot.

I'm thinking we are going to get a Mercenary DLC where we can call in airstrikes anywhere we ant, and that is how everyone will finally get their Hydra.

It all. makes. sense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users