Cars shutting down in water

12 replies to this topic
WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

Do you like it? I guess it brings realism into the game... but I don't honestly really like it. Now, before everyone here comes all "F*CK YOU GTA HATER"... I don't dislike the game, just this thing.

Those of you who have no idea what I am talking about:

Basically your car/motorbike can shut down and essentially become a really heavy paperweight if you stay even in low water for some time. I don't know if this was in GTA IV, don't remember having it ever happen there.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

It was in gta 4 only it happened quicker

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

I like it. Water should kill a car's engine - or bikes. They aren't designed to work submerged. I also LOVE how cars at speed float across deep water without sinking. Very realistic (immersive? lol).

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

In 4 you could drive through shallow water on the beach and be just fine but if you drove in past a certain point it shut off and stayed. I like it better in 5 because you can drive in the shallow fine until it gets too deep but instead of drowning you can sink with the car to the bottom or climb out as it sinks. (If you take it that deep) But I'd like to see snorkels for Hummers and such.
  • C4-_-GIBBfather likes this

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

Leader of the LeAristocrats

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

I like it. Water should kill a car's engine - or bikes. They aren't designed to work submerged. I also LOVE how cars at speed float across deep water without sinking. Very realistic (immersive? lol).

Slug said it ^ I try to speed across small gaps of water to avoid it most of the time. One thing I do like though is that they give you more time to sit in your car while submerged. On IV you would start dying like after 10 seconds, here you can sit as long as you want granted you don't sink too deep.

Glenni91
  • Glenni91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:52 PM Edited by Glenni91, 30 September 2013 - 03:53 PM.

Seeing as i can actually drive through a small river, and keep on going on the other side of it in GTA 5, while I couldn't in GTA 4, i see no reason to complain.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

no i want my car to drive under water through fire over mtns right into hell and gradmas house. this is dumb.

wtfjoklo69
  • wtfjoklo69

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

In 4 you could drive through shallow water on the beach and be just fine but if you drove in past a certain point it shut off and stayed. I like it better in 5 because you can drive in the shallow fine until it gets too deep but instead of drowning you can sink with the car to the bottom or climb out as it sinks. (If you take it that deep) But I'd like to see snorkels for Hummers and such.

they have snorkels for some vehicles already like the benefactor dubsta

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

R* got you covered for mountains. :p

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:35 PM Edited by Sinz86irocblk, 30 September 2013 - 04:36 PM.

I was surprised the first time it happened but it's cool. It's just another obstacle you have to overcome when you're getting chased or exploring. Realism doesn't bother me, what bothers me is the lack of consistency.

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

I seem to be the minority here but it's been bugging me actually.  In 4 I would sometimes ride my bike into the ocean and I could use my body to push it to shore and then pick it up and drive off. 

In 5, I lost my 801RR in shallow water the other day with zero hope of pushing it out.  It was so shallow that it didn't even cover the whole bike but it was impossible to get it back after that.  I drove through the shallow water on purpose thinking that I would make it out.  I was pretty irritated when I couldn't. 

But yeah, it IS more realistic.  But I think this game has a disconnect of some things being realistic and some things being completely unrealistic with little threads to link the two together.  But that's another conversation entirely...

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

Water is pretty much meant to act like a boundary in the game, makes sense in general to have your vehicles break down with water in the engine.

For places like the swampy area, if you go across fast enough it's fine, you shouldn't really be able to drive around in anything more than a few inches of water. 

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

I would like it of you could restart them once out. I only discovered you could push your bike out of the water in the final months of IV.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users