Quantcast

» «
Photo

Have you ever noticed... (release time related)

25 replies to this topic
Xavier Horovitz
  • Xavier Horovitz

Yolo Swaggins

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:54 PM Edited by Xavier Horovitz, 30 September 2013 - 02:55 PM.

Have you ever noticed that people are completely unaware of how these things work? It's like they've only had Xbox LIVE (using Xbox as the example because it's my system of choice ((until PS4 of course)) but this applies everywhere) for ten f*cking minutes.

No, Australia doesn't get the update first. Yeah, you'll be waiting until the 2nd. Welcome to every other console digital release in history. Yes, this IS fair, because you aren't waiting longer than everyone else. You just f*cking think you are because you can't comprehend the idea of time zones.

Yeah, it's pretty common for Xbox updates to roll out in the morning. Not at 2am PST/ 5am EST. Those are marketplace update times. This type of thing typically rolls out in the late morning. That is unless Rockstar actually does have the figurative "switch" to flip and turn on their servers. That makes guessing a time a bit more difficult. Given that all evidence seems to point to there being a small, few MB sized update, it seems that it may be a quick patch from MS/Sony. As a side note, Sony does these things far later in the day.

And for the love of f*ck, stop demanding that people link you to parts of the ToS, or where "Rockstar said it". You want your proof? Have a look at 8 f*cking years the consoles have been around and how the system works every damn time.

As a disclaimer, this obviously doesn't apply to everyone. Not all Australians are losing their sh*t nor is everyone completely oblivious to the obvious.

• Afusensi, La Waizaa and Imaeechew like this

-Murder-
  • -Murder-

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

Best thread about this subject yet.

Derity
  • Derity

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

There is also the fact that Rockstar have worked on this game for so long that they will want not only a smooth server opening, but they will also want to collect data and watch for problems, etc. Meaning it would be best for the online portion of the game to go live when they are actually awake and in the offices.

Snapabowl
  • Snapabowl

Errl User

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

I like this thread.  Nice OP, good to know some people here have brains and actually use them.

Sparky1174
  • Sparky1174

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:08 PM Edited by Sparky1174, 30 September 2013 - 03:12 PM.

Have you ever noticed that people are completely unaware of how these things work? It's like they've only had Xbox LIVE (using Xbox as the example because it's my system of choice ((until PS4 of course)) but this applies everywhere) for ten f*cking minutes.

No, Australia doesn't get the update first. Yeah, you'll be waiting until the 2nd. Welcome to every other console digital release in history. Yes, this IS fair, because you aren't waiting longer than everyone else. You just f*cking think you are because you can't comprehend the idea of time zones.

Yeah, it's pretty common for Xbox updates to roll out in the morning. Not at 2am PST/ 5am EST. Those are marketplace update times. This type of thing typically rolls out in the late morning. That is unless Rockstar actually does have the figurative "switch" to flip and turn on their servers. That makes guessing a time a bit more difficult. Given that all evidence seems to point to there being a small, few MB sized update, it seems that it may be a quick patch from MS/Sony. As a side note, Sony does these things far later in the day.

And for the love of f*ck, stop demanding that people link you to parts of the ToS, or where "Rockstar said it". You want your proof? Have a look at 8 f*cking years the consoles have been around and how the system works every damn time.

As a disclaimer, this obviously doesn't apply to everyone. Not all Australians are losing their sh*t nor is everyone completely oblivious to the obvious.

Hahahahahahaha

I'm sorry i had to make a account for this..
You seem so angry over this sh*t it's f*cking hilarious. All i see is some one who still has a stick up his ass from Australians getting the actual game before you did.

Now calm the f*ck down, there is nothing wrong with Australians getting online before you as rock star did announce it comes out on the first and it's the 1st in Australia so it could come out.

Now i don't even see why you are even complaining because it can only mean good if it comes out first in different time zones so not every one jumps on the same time and it Doesn't take a f*cking week for every one to get sorted...

So stop whinging like a little bitch.

K

Thx
  • Omar Comin likes this

Sparky1174
  • Sparky1174

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:11 PM Edited by Sparky1174, 30 September 2013 - 03:16 PM.

Hahahahahahaha
You seem so angry over this sit f*cking hilarious. All i see is some one who still has a stick up his ass from Australians getting the actual game before you did.
Now calm the f*ck down, there is nothing wrong with Australians getting online before you as rock star did announce it comes out on the first and it's the 1st in Australia so it could come out.
Now i don't even see why you are even complaining because it can only mean good if it comes out first in different time zones so not every one jumps on the same time and it Doesn't take a f*cking week for every one to get sorted...
K
Thx

Also with your xbox live update bullsh*t, i can't see why rock star can releae the patch early so we all download it and then open the servers to each different time zone..

Make sense?

NewBo
  • NewBo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

Hahahahahahaha
You seem so angry over this sit f*cking hilarious. All i see is some one who still has a stick up his ass from Australians getting the actual game before you did.
K
Thx

Also with you xbox live update bullsh*t, i can't see why rock star can releae the patch early so we all download it and then open the servers to each different time zone..

Make sense?

lol, you stupid? rock star has no control over xbox pushing updates.. rockstar can push the update to Microsoft.... then Xbox has to push it for us to download.. so rockstar can't control it. 

foxryd3r
  • foxryd3r

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

I'm aussie. 

I hoped for a midnight release, although subconsciously knowing it wouldn't happen. In saying that, Making you own presumptions on what's happened and whats going to happen makes this thread quite hypocritical. No one except for Rockstar know officially what time it will unlock and how they will distribute it across both platforms. 

The Release Time Threads should stop, and the arguing along with it! and just enjoy this free time we have until Online takes over our lives  :lol:

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

You guys do realize that the online mode doesn't necessarily have to start with the update, right? As long as the servers aren't open from R* nothing will happen.

They could be releasing the update and actually open the servers a few hours later. Opening the servers for everyone at a specific time is possible, updating the game for everyone around the world at the same time is probably not possible.

Sparky1174
  • Sparky1174

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

Hahahahahahaha
K
Thx

Also with you xbox live update bullsh*t, i can't see why rock star can releae the patch early so we all download it and then open the servers to each different time zone..
Make sense?

lol, you stupid? rock star has no control over xbox pushing updates.. rockstar can push the update to Microsoft.... then Xbox has to push it for us to download.. so rockstar can't control it.

Lel are you a retard? Did you not read what i said?

Let's say for example if they released the patch 3 days ago and every one download it. Then rock star put there servers up for each region in each time zone. Rock star control there own servers dumbass they don't need permission

Sparky1174
  • Sparky1174

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

You guys do realize that the online mode doesn't necessarily have to start with the update, right? As long as the servers aren't open from R* nothing will happen.

They could be releasing the update and actually open the servers a few hours later. Opening the servers for everyone at a specific time is possible, updating the game for everyone around the world at the same time is probably not possible.

There you go some one with a brain appears

:0

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

Of course it isn't possible to update millions of owners of GTA at once. You do realize that some of those people work on a Tuesday and aren't paying attention to it the moment it releases, right? 

Xavier Horovitz
  • Xavier Horovitz

Yolo Swaggins

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

Easy Sparky. All you're doing is proving a point that, frankly, I don't think you want to be proving. No one has a stick up their ass. I made the thread for clarity.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

Of course it isn't possible to update millions of owners of GTA at once. You do realize that some of those people work on a Tuesday and aren't paying attention to it the moment it releases, right? 

That's not what I meant. I meant that it can't be distributed at the same time, due to different PSN/Xbox Live Regions (as I assume the updates will work over their networks).

Xavier Horovitz
  • Xavier Horovitz

Yolo Swaggins

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

That's not what I meant. I meant that it can't be distributed at the same time, due to different PSN/Xbox Live Regions (as I assume the updates will work over their networks).

That's true. Different regions release at different times, but not DRASTICALLY different times.

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

Look at me OP

bbfinale5.gif

LUIGI1798
  • LUIGI1798

Godfather of The Grove

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:11 PM Edited by LUIGI1798, 30 September 2013 - 06:12 PM.

i agree with the OP, 

the media have made to much of a big deal out of this and it seems people are just reading headlines. 

October 2nd is australia = October 1st in the US. 

the reason the media felt the need to point it out is because R* confirmed they where working with US time zones. 

This means that Australia wont get it October 1st since thats today. (confusing) 

GoldDigga
  • GoldDigga

Evil Overlord of the Internet

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

You should stop making these stupid topics. Have some patience mo'f*cka, danm! What difference does it make if It comes out in the morning or in the afternoon? sh*t, is your life that bad?

Xavier Horovitz
  • Xavier Horovitz

Yolo Swaggins

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

I clearly cannot read and should therefore withhold my comments until I fully grasp the actual subject.

Fixed that for you.

Imaeechew
  • Imaeechew

=AoD= Hangaround

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:39 PM Edited by Imaeechew, 30 September 2013 - 06:41 PM.

Hahahahahahaha
Now i don't even see why you are even complaining because it can only 

Also with your xbox live update bullsh*t, i can't see why rock star can releae the patch early so we all download it and then open the servers to each different time zone..

Make sense?

Well, what you can do to see if you are right is to sit back and keep refreshing the Live Market and constantly searching for a download. or keep starting and restarting GTA V and see if it pops up with an update.

OP your topic is well done and well thought. Most can't seem to grasp the idea that Microsoft isn't going o change their ways for just 1 game. 

TrueElement
  • TrueElement

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

You should stop making these stupid topics. Have some patience mo'f*cka, danm! What difference does it make if It comes out in the morning or in the afternoon? sh*t, is your life that bad?

Lol you're so mad for nothing. I'll just assume that yoj misunderstood OP's post.. lol..

SaintsRow3
  • SaintsRow3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

So when are they releasing it in Australia OP?

ManOfDisguise
  • ManOfDisguise

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

When am I gona get it? I live in Slovakia(middle europe) and the time difference here is +6 hours from the US

podyx
  • podyx

Money Maker

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

well it took people f*cking THOUSANDS of years to figure out the earth is round

Rorschach37
  • Rorschach37

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

well it took people f*cking THOUSANDS of years to figure out the earth is round

They didn't have internet :p

MrJiminyCricket
  • MrJiminyCricket

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:50 PM Edited by MrJiminyCricket, 30 September 2013 - 08:07 PM.

ewr

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users