» «
Photo

The "When will GTAO be released" thread

19 replies to this topic
aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:39 PM Edited by aR2k, 30 September 2013 - 02:39 PM.

So instead of having oh so many posts every hour about when GTAO is released, ill have this one and update with any news about the release of GTAO.

So far we KNOW:

GTAO will be released on October 1st.

Rumours:

GTAO will not reach aussies sooner than the rest of the world, infact, rumours has it that it will be released in the US first and then go from there, which will mean October 2nd in australia (afaik). This again, is just rumours.

http://www.computera...2-in-australia/

GTAO will not require a PSN/Xbox store update, but a game update that should not be too large in filesize, if this is true, then GTAO may go live at any time after midnight october 1st.

http://www.oxm.co.uk...5s-multiplayer/

Ill update this post as soon as i find more information, feel free to post whatever you discover aswell!

H0WITZER
  • H0WITZER

One Sexy F*ck

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

this post just added to the number of gtao posts...

Snoop221
  • Snoop221

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

I don't understand why what time it goes live is such a big deal, do you people not have anything else to do in your lives?

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

this post just added to the number of gtao posts...

Hence why ill be updating it, and hopefully the other posts can vanish out to page infinity, and everyone can just stick to the one.

Which I wont be trolling, or posting anything i havent heard from atleast slightly serious sources.

AND ill post what are rumours and what are official news.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

I don't understand why what time it goes live is such a big deal, do you people not have anything else to do in your lives?

Beeing a full time college student, ive worked my ass off so that I can enjoy GTAO for a few days without interuptions.

Sure I have better things to do, but id rather do this. And I intend to start playing it the second it comes out ;)

Snoop221
  • Snoop221

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

Beeing a full time college student, ive worked my ass off so that I can enjoy GTAO for a few days without interuptions.

Sure I have better things to do, but id rather do this. And I intend to start playing it the second it comes out ;)

I'm a full time college student as well, who also has been working their ass off since classes started. I'm going to play GTAO as well, but I can wait if I have to.

TrickishDonkey
  • TrickishDonkey

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

I'm a full time college student as well, who also has been working their ass off since classes started. I'm going to play GTAO as well, but I can wait if I have to.

not me i wan't to play the second it goes live.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

Everyone can wait, I dont like waiting. I have a certain amount of time before i gotta get back to studying, and I want to get the most out of it.

Ive got programs to code and servers to hack!

Snoop221
  • Snoop221

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

You're not me are you? That's why i said "I" because I was referring to myself -_-

33oH
  • 33oH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

i gotta work all day when this comes out. 

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

Should have planned that for next week, who knows how the servers will respond to all the players flooding their servers. If they react like social club did after GTAV release, then Online will be nearly unplayable for another week or two. I can't see the online mode running smooth after launch, so far every game release that has anything to do with the cloud (let's just remember SimCity 5) had enormous server problems in the beginning.

Of course, I hope for the best, but they should take their time and not rush the launch.

Derity
  • Derity

Rat

• Members

Nope.

TrickishDonkey
  • TrickishDonkey

Rat

• Members

You're not me are you? That's why i said "I" because I was referring to myself -_-

I did not say i was you. You said you can wait. I said i cannot wait.

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

I want it now, and I am going to make a thread about it. WHO'S GONNA JOIN ME!!!

bradyuk
  • bradyuk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Fail. 

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

Should have planned that for next week, who knows how the servers will respond to all the players flooding their servers. If they react like social club did after GTAV release, then Online will be nearly unplayable for another week or two. I can't see the online mode running smooth after launch, so far every game release that has anything to do with the cloud (let's just remember SimCity 5) had enormous server problems in the beginning.

Of course, I hope for the best, but they should take their time and not rush the launch.

I have no hopes of the game beeing flawless, ive been at enough game launches to know that nothing ever goes as planned.

But its not like the game is gonna be unnavailable for a week, that would be the worst game launch in the history of game launches.

A normal scenario would be something like this.

Servers goes up at midnight: Heavy latency and only a few actually get in, random disconnects and so forth, some gets in, some gets kicked out.

Servers go down at 2am: Down for an hour or two.

Goes back up again at 4-5am: servers are unstable and latency is an issue for most of the morning.

Then maybe a few server restarts and  the game will run "smooth" at around 7-8pm.

Thats how standard game launches tend to be, if you calculate problems.

Snoop221
  • Snoop221

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

I did not say i was you. You said you can wait. I said i cannot wait.

So what's the point of you responding and quoting my post? I don't care if you can't wait lol

NikoB_in_the_house
  • NikoB_in_the_house

Bitches Get Stitches

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:07 PM Edited by NikoB_in_the_house, 30 September 2013 - 03:09 PM.

People are nuts of they think the servers are going to work right for at least a few days. Prepare for all the disappointed posts! The launch of anything online never goes smooth.

Edit: damn auto correct

WildTurkeyMcGee
  • WildTurkeyMcGee

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

No, not at all. 

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

No, not at all. 

I concur. It is plainly obvious that the people who are on the online section of this forum have nothing else to do. Some people have taken off work to play this game online so yes, many of us have set a time frame to play this game and waiting for it to go live is frustrating.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users