Photo

GTAO Launch Depends on XBL and PSN, not Rockstar

11 replies to this topic
FRA1Z3R
  • FRA1Z3R

Made in the '80s

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know and I am going to put this in as many ways possible.

The Launch of GTA Online will depend on XBL and PSN Management.

Rockstar has no control of when Xbox live and PSN updates, the 'patch' to enable GTAO will depend on what time MS and Sony decide to update.

It is possible that certain regions will have the update/access before others, for ex. UK could have it before the U.S. or vice versa because XBL and PSN is run by different people in different regions, they update at different times.

Please take this into consideration before you start getting mad at Rockstar if GTAO does not launch when you expect it. 

Can't wait to see everyone online! Practice up until then! :santa:  

CharlieSheem
  • CharlieSheem

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:38 PM Edited by CharlieSheem, 30 September 2013 - 02:39 PM.

Please post link to any Terms of Service or Xbox Live/PSN Policies which say that developers cannot allow online updates until the console manufacturers allow it/schedule it, please.  I need hard proof to back up these claims, some sort of evidence would be welcomed.

Snoop221
  • Snoop221

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

PSN updates i think around 6pm PST, or something

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

I doubt it has anything to do with PSN, only content on PSN is updated on a specific day in a week (here it's usually on a wednesday), but I saw game updates happening all around the week. 

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

If its a game update, it shouldnt require PSN to update.

Games like Fifa for example has had plenty of game updates that where not on the same day as PSN updates

Snoop221
  • Snoop221

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

I doubt it has anything to do with PSN, only content on PSN is updated on a specific day in a week (here it's usually on a wednesday), but I saw game updates happening all around the week. 

Well everyone is treating this as a game being added to PSN for some odd reason

bNy_
  • bNy_

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:45 PM Edited by bNy_, 30 September 2013 - 02:47 PM.

People should learn the difference between PSN updates and game updates through the playstation network.

Xavier Horovitz
  • Xavier Horovitz

Yolo Swaggins

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

Please post link to any Terms of Service or Xbox Live/PSN Policies which say that developers cannot allow online updates until the console manufacturers allow it/schedule it, please.  I need hard proof to back up these claims, some sort of evidence would be welcomed.

You clearly don't understand how these things work.

Snoop221
  • Snoop221

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

People should learn the difference between PSN updates and game updates through the playstation network.

I'm pretty sure most people do know the difference.

bNy_
  • bNy_

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:55 PM Edited by bNy_, 30 September 2013 - 02:56 PM.

Well considering all the posts I've seen, I highly doubt it. 

Seems like people believe that rockstar sends over a CD with the content over to Sony/Microsoft that later updates it when they feel like it's time...

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Didn`t they say it is a GAME update and not PSN update? I may be awfully wrong here, but what does PSN have to do with the game client downloading a patch from its parent server?

Snoop221
  • Snoop221

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Well considering all the posts I've seen, I highly doubt it. 

Seems like people believe that rockstar sends over a CD with the content over to Sony/Microsoft that later updates it when they feel like it's time...

Lol well most people i've talked to, but you're right

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users